Audio Dialogue Request (1 Viewer)

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
fruitloops said:
Anonymous said:
fruitloops said:
Hey I made a dialog with all the sounds. Here's the zip, if you could please make the swf mod with it. Hope I did this right. :-[
Renaming the files is necessary.
Renaming the .zip file itself? If the name is a problem, being as who the character is we can just change the name to Cristina_Ulloa.zip but other than that you mean the txt file or sound files?
Sorry, I was really tired and didn't feel like explaining.

The .zip file should be named as follows Character_Name(Series_character_is_from).zip

I'm pretty sure I've outlined this before, but I suppose I'll outline it again.

The .mp3 files should be named according to the dialogue and not what the files contain.

Such as, the 1st general line in the dialogue should correlate to general1.mp3

So on and so forth.

Keeping the general1.mp3:genreal:"alsfkjasdlfhaoefa" I suppose doesn't hurt, but it doesn't help, everything should be named and placed in such a fashion that I can just throw it together.

Download the example.zip I have provided and it will show you exactly what I mean.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
fruitloops said:
Alright I got it now, here we go attempt 2
Now you have a lot of files in there that do not correlate to any dialogue. Big grunt.mp3, hah.mp3, grunt.mp3, tibbers.mp3, etc.

All files should be named to match what action they are for and the order in which they appear in the dialogue... otherwise when I put it together there will be dialogues with no sound or the sounds will not match the dialogues.

fruitloops

Potential Patron
Those were extra unused dialogs I didn't they would hurt it but oh well. I removed those and made sure everything lined up this time. Okay here, third times the charm, sorry that I'm so bad at this.

Attachments

Annie(League_of_legends).zip
5.1 MB · Views: 1,022

SpawnFire

Content Creator
Probably shouldn't have started this at 3 AM. But this is what I've got. FYI, intro3 and intro4 2are the same line but they're being said in a different way. I didn't accidentally repeat a line or anything. The same applies to swallow1 and swallow2.

Attachments

Naoto_Shirogane(Persona_4).7z
1.3 MB · Views: 584

Weekender

Potential Patron
RikuDawn said:
Probably shouldn't have started this at 3 AM. But this is what I've got. FYI, intro3 and intro4 2are the same line but they're being said in a different way. I didn't accidentally repeat a line or anything. The same applies to swallow1 and swallow2.

fruitloops

Potential Patron
Hey so I'm willing to take 1 audio dialog request of any char (as long as your provide the soundboard)
If someone could plz mod my first audio dialog file.
http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1414.0;attach=54033
I'm pre sure I got it right that time.

A

Anoon

If I may ask- how do you make that set of files into a swf for use with SDT?
Or if this is a retarded question, how would I, test a creation of my own in-game without requiring you to spend time converting a perhaps unfinished work over and over again?

If I'm missing something quite simple and being retarded then I apologise.

So say I made a dialogue, and the associated files, I'd like to see what they sound like in game either by making a swf myself or using the loader perhaps in a way I have yet to discern from the documentation.

I get a feeling it's one of those 'It'll take much longer to explain to you how to do it than just me doing it myself' kind of things.

Thanks

Vez

Content Creator
Here's one for Elise from League of Legends.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8qg0twcee218g6t/Elise+%28League_of_Legends%29.zip

A

Andryw

Lux, Jinx, Sona, or Annie would be awesome. then again, i don't have a problem with having audio for just about any of the LoL females.

Sona

Potential Patron
Anoon said:
If I may ask- how do you make that set of files into a swf for use with SDT?
Or if this is a retarded question, how would I, test a creation of my own in-game without requiring you to spend time converting a perhaps unfinished work over and over again?

If I'm missing something quite simple and being retarded then I apologise.

So say I made a dialogue, and the associated files, I'd like to see what they sound like in game either by making a swf myself or using the loader perhaps in a way I have yet to discern from the documentation.

I get a feeling it's one of those 'It'll take much longer to explain to you how to do it than just me doing it myself' kind of things.

Thanks

Pretty much the same feeling.

fruitloops

Potential Patron
Andryw said:
Lux, Jinx, Sona, or Annie would be awesome. then again, i don't have a problem with having audio for just about any of the LoL females.
Already did Annie, but nobody mod it yet.
I'll try to see if I can get around to Jinx or Lux

stuntcock

Content Creator
I'm new to these forums and everything, but I want an extremely simple tutorial on how to even put custom audio into the game.
I haven't written such a tutorial, because:
  • the process requires licensed software which very few people use
    • hence, most newcomers won't benefit from the tutorial because they're not willing to pay Adobe
  • if you already have experience with Flash then creating the audio dialogue mod is straightforward
    • hence, most veterans won't benefit from the tutorial because they already know how to import audio files into a FLA project
    • decompiling one of the existing audio dialogue SWF files will demonstrate the necessary structure
    • once you understand the structure, the actual modding work is just a lot of transcription and text manipulation (but it must be done carefully because a misspelled trigger won't fire properly)

I have a bunch of mp3 files I want to use but I don't know how to input it.
If you're willing to organize the MP3 files as stipulated in the first post of this thread, then you can post your ZIP file (or send me the link via PM) and I'll generate a SWF file for you.

If you'd like to create something more ambitious, then you can learn about @Pim_gd's dialogueActions mod and the fancy things done with it by modders such as @DrZombi. You don't necessarily need to compile your MP3 files into a conventional SWF "audio dialogue" file. It's possible instead to write a scenario which specifies when each individual sound file ought to be played. The keyword is [PLAY_SFX_<filename>]. You can then distribute your TXT and MP3 files, so that other SDT fans can play with them.

The second approach involves much more learning and expertise, but it leaves you fully in control of your project. You wouldn't be reliant on any else to generate SWF files. You can also include reaction speech for events (such as anal penetration) which are beyond the scope of a vanilla audio-dialogue. But if you'd prefer to finish the project quickly then the vanilla approach would be more appropriate; please feel free to post your files whenever you're ready to begin.

And yes, i'm aware that this post or whatever is old.
Reviving an old thread is okay so long as you're adding content (which you obviously intended to do here). You're also encouraged to complain about broken hyperlinks in old posts, although the prefered method is by clicking the "Report" button below the offending post (instead of actually replying to the thread).

When reviving an old thread, you're not expected to read the entire thing. But I would encourage you to read the first post and read the last page. In this case you would have seen that:
  • there's a specific prefered format for submitting MP3 files (described by anonymous anonymous in the first post)
  • an old submission from SpawnFire SpawnFire was completed, which shows that the audio-dialogue-creation stuff is still active

khalifa

Content Creator
Those were extra unused dialogs I didn't they would hurt it but oh well. I removed those and made sure everything lined up this time. Okay here, third times the charm, sorry that I'm so bad at this.

i can't find the mod for this, has anyone even finished it? I know it's kind of an old post, but i am really interested in that one

D

Dr.Knocker

I've been following this thread since 6 years or so and only a few people have done audio mods. I want to help this community by learning from any tutorials. I 've watched almost all youtube based tutorials for years but sadly I couldn't find any video that helped. I have Adobe Animate but I can't use it very well . I'm trying to learn just can't find good tutorials for like stuntcock said:
  • hence, most veterans won't benefit from the tutorial because they already know how to import audio files into a FLA project
  • decompiling one of the existing audio dialogue SWF files will demonstrate the necessary structure
  • once you understand the structure, the actual modding work is just a lot of transcription and text manipulation (but it must be done carefully because a misspelled trigger won't fire properly)
I can decompile and turn it ,into a Fla project but after that I don't know where to start or what to do? Maybe import the FLA into Animate but stuck there as usual :( . I already have more than 10-15 characters in mind that I can mod and more if you guys lend me a hand here on where I can learn this audio part ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.