animtool positions (1 Viewer)

un4g3table

Potential Patron
how would I get other positions to show up in the loader so that I can use them? im new to this kind of thing so im not 100% sure and dont want to put something where it don't belong in case I break the whole thing

stuntcock

Content Creator
how would I get other positions to show up in the loader so that I can use them?
You can use newly-downloaded files without any special setup or preparation. Press F2 and a Browse window will appear. Choose the appropriate TXT file, and the corresponding position will be activated.

If you really want the new position to appear within the Loader menu then you'll need to do some tinkering:
  1. Find your animtools_positions folder
  2. Copy the new TXT file(s) into that folder
  3. Open your animtools configuration file (animtoolsV19settings.txt)
  4. Scroll down to the section marked ***** key mapping settings *****
  5. You'll need to register your new files, by including their filenames (without a period or file extension) as customloadkey lines. This can be done in two ways:
    • Replace some of the existing entries (thus, you'd get something like customloadkey1=114,UpsideDownDoggyStyle)
    • Add new lines and increment the numbers to fit the existing pattern (so you'd get something like customloadkey15=-1,UpsideDownDoggyStyle)
  6. Save the configuration file
  7. Restart the game

un4g3table

Potential Patron
thanks for someone that is new to the whole modding scene thing i think i'll stick to F2 for now :D would this work for backgrounds as well? just curios

diba

Potential Patron
it's possible to make "his" right leg stay in front of her head?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 918

aztlan

Casual Client
it's possible to make "his" right leg stay in front of her head?

Not sure. I can't remember how if it is possible. The only code I remember like this is to put HER right leg in front of HIM and HER left behind HIM. (I'm not even sure HIS legs are separable - you might need a separate Loader mod just to do that...)

What I was thinking would be a nice feature would be to allow HER right breast to be in front of HIM while HER left breast was behind HIM (like you can currently do with HER legs in Animtools.) Then you could make make positions that inserted various parts of HIM between HER breasts.

wonderwall

Potential Patron
Hello, has anyone ever gotten an improved version of Skullhammer's sixty-nine position? The old one requires you to implement a background with a static guy.

@cowkazoo rotated the entire scene by -90 degrees to get the guy lying flat and his head to the left. Brilliant! Way more elegant than my hack (by definition).

I will redo my sixty-nine and reverse girl positions using this technique if I can figure out the gravity.

I never found an updated version where this is implemented. Alas, is this position a lost cause?

Shouri

Potential Patron
Skullhammer has made wonderful positions. May I ask, please, if there is anyone here knows where to download the hair used in these positions? Thank you.

stuntcock

Content Creator
How do i downlaod these things
If you're looking at stuff on the first page of this thead then just ignore it. Those files are very old and they won't work properly in an up-to-date version of animtools.

If you're looking at a more recent page of the thread then check for attached files. There will often be images attached or embedded in the posts, but they're only previews. You need to click on the TXT file links in order to download the actual position file.

If you're still having trouble then please post a screenshot or a step-by-step description to explain what's going wrong. It might be a browser issue (such as security settings or file quarantine) which inhibits you from acquiring the files.

If you don't want to deal with the thread then you can find many positions in the Downloads area.

sorrowww

Content Creator
Coder
Modder
Designer
Writer
I saw a position someone made where the guy is using both hands to grab the girls head and push her down on him. Anyone can tell me how to get the second arm to move like that?

Kent

Vivacious Visitor
I saw a position someone made where the guy is using both hands to grab the girls head and push her down on him. Anyone can tell me how to get the second arm to move like that?

When in game, pull up the menu tabs and go to the Scene tab. Make sure his right hand is set to Holding and his left is set to Hidden. Next, go to the Loader tab and in the bottom left you should see three buttons; Back, Fix Shoulder, and Arm. Click on Arm. Profit.

Hello, has anyone ever gotten an improved version of Skullhammer's sixty-nine position? The old one requires you to implement a background with a static guy.

I never found an updated version where this is implemented. Alas, is this position a lost cause?

I'm working on something, but I'm also struggling with gravity. Does anyone know how to control gravity? I'll attach some images showing my issue (not exactly the position you're asking for, but I'll attempt it once I learn gravity). Same position, only thing that is different between each picture is the choice of dynamic hair. One hair is pulled back, the other hair is pulled BOTH backwards and forwards, and the other is perfect. As far as I can tell, there is no guaranteed way to tell which hair is compatible with this position other than static hairs. How can I fix this?
example1.png
example2.png
example3.png

Edit: I see there is an option called "Change Hair Gravity" and "Angled Gravity Force" but no matter how much I play around with these options, nothing changes in the slightest.

stuntcock

Content Creator
How can I fix this?
  1. Swap to a different hairstyle and then swap back.
    • Switching on the altered-gravity rule doesn't do anything right away; the changes are applied during hairstyle loading.
    • So you need to swap between vanilla hairstyles, or load an external SWF hairstyle. And you must do this after your position is setup and the altered-gravity rule has been enabled.
  2. Test your scene in-game instead of using animtools.
    • Remember to swap or reload the hair after activating your custom position in-game.
    • The load-order workaround will probably be inconvenient for advanced dialogue users, because it means that you'd potentially need to re-load the hairstyle after each scene change. In most cases you actually wouldn't need it; the reload is required only if you're switching between "altered gravity: yes" and "altered gravity: no" scenes.
    • There might be an animtools settings file which allows you to avoid the extra step, but I don't see it.
  3. Share your position file. I'm unable to independently reproduce your position because the hertween rotation (which I'm eyeballing) does terrible things to her neck. We might be able to edit the position file so that it's more "friendly" towards dynamic hairstyles.
  4. Extract the sprites and then rebuild the hairstyle as a new FLA project. Avoid using the weird damping feature. Publish a new SWF file which is more compatible with exotic animtools positions. This is not really a serious suggestion; it would involve a lot of work and the other options will probably be more effective.

sorrowww

Content Creator
Coder
Modder
Designer
Writer
When in game, pull up the menu tabs and go to the Scene tab. Make sure his right hand is set to Holding and his left is set to Hidden. Next, go to the Loader tab and in the bottom left you should see three buttons; Back, Fix Shoulder, and Arm. Click on Arm. Profit.

Thanks for this, that's what i was looking for. I'm trying to figure out how to get the arm to stay where it is when loaded rather than grabbing her head all the time when i load it. I'd take a screenshot but i'm not sure how cause i've never tried. How do you take screenshots in this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.