Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Pink

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • White

Votes: 12 10.6%

• Total voters

Kargan3033

Club Regular
Seriously, more than 15 years after the original Aika came out, we still have no equivalent. This is a classic, yet there has been no real follow up. (Their Aika R-16 sequels were vastly inferior, it is like comparing Kiddy Grade Original with Kiddy Grade sequel, or Dirty Pair with Dirty Pair Flash.)

Really, never seen Agent Aika or it's sequel or the kiddy grade animes

The ZIL Organization

Club Regular
fuck my reputation is ruined
There's a very specific delmo death and I don't even wanna show it.
I'm upset, guys! I'm UPSET. It was SUPPOSED to be FUN

No, there is no specific, guaranteed death. (But it was definitely a high probability).
You're probably thinking of Bianca's memory flashblack in Episode 5 where she remembers one of her friends lying in a pool of blood.
That friend could just have been hurt badly and later sent to a hospital, so she (or another blue Delmo with her hairstyle) doesn't appear again.

In any case, I really did not like that one single second worth of flashback also. It really damaged by enjoyment of Agent Aika. One thing about the humour and entertainment of this series, is that you feel you can subject the zako female opponents to all kinds of consequence-free violence and humiliation. If I ever won the lottery and fund my own Agent Aika hentai, I would have the series edit out that single nasty flashback.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
Yes, I just posted about that, like right before I found out about this scene. I think it's a very bad mistake. It forces the viewer to re-contextualize everything they saw and will see, and things don't de-escalate either!

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Well the whole anime takes place in a post-apocalypse world where much of the surface is flooded by water. And as ridiculous as the Delmos look (and inept they are), they do use real live ammunition... most have probably killed people already.

Seriously, more than 15 years after the original Aika came out, we still have no equivalent. This is a classic, yet there has been no real follow up. (Their Aika R-16 sequels were vastly inferior, it is like comparing Kiddy Grade Original with Kiddy Grade sequel, or Dirty Pair with Dirty Pair Flash.)
Y'mean Prequels? There is also Aika Zero. The R-16 I think has the beach scene with the incredibly busty teacher and the mind-controlled gals, and the takedown scenes are amazing there, plus afterwards having them bound and displayed topless (because OF COURSE who wouldn't strip them?) was super hot. But yeah, I don't get how the anime has not spawned more sequels?

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Heck, why I am talking about it instead of posting it. :P
Though I am sure I had more screenshots... I am missing a lot.
[a4e]Aika_R-16_01[h264].mkv_snapshot_16.14_[2016.07.04_00.19.14].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_01[h264].mkv_snapshot_18.25_[2016.07.04_00.21.07].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_01[h264].mkv_snapshot_18.27_[2016.07.04_00.21.15].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_01[h264].mkv_snapshot_18.29_[2016.07.04_00.21.20].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_04.34_[2012.10.28_23.48.56].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_04.45_[2012.10.28_23.49.17].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_06.35_[2012.10.28_23.51.59].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_11.14_[2012.10.29_00.01.53].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_11.19_[2012.10.29_00.02.14].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_11.22_[2012.10.29_00.02.34].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_11.38_[2012.10.29_00.03.05].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_11.39_[2012.10.29_00.03.09].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_12.05_[2012.10.29_00.04.00].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_12.38_[2012.10.29_00.05.21].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_12.39_[2012.10.29_00.05.23].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_13.08_[2012.10.29_00.06.05].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_13.23_[2012.10.29_00.06.26].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_13.23_[2012.10.29_00.06.31].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_16.39_[2012.10.29_00.10.04].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_17.57_[2012.10.29_00.11.40].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_18.11_[2012.10.29_00.12.04].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_18.15_[2012.10.29_00.12.17].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_19.29_[2012.10.29_00.13.14].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_19.56_[2012.10.29_00.14.00].jpg [a4e]Aika_R-16_02[h264].mkv_snapshot_20.02_[2012.10.29_00.14.33].jpg

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain

I think Aika R-16 is my favorite Aika series. It had a better variation of zakos in it, ranging from brainwashed club members, swimsuit-clad fighters to Karen clones. It also got some cute tomboy zakos as well, such as the two short-haired swimsuit girls (the one with the short brown hair and the one with the tanned skin). The Karen clones are cute too, especially the ones with the white camisole and the one that wore nothing but a pink bra and a pink underwear

dinomoneyman

Master of this Domain
I think Aika R-16 is my favorite Aika series. It had a better variation of zakos in it, ranging from brainwashed club members, swimsuit-clad fighters to Karen clones. It also got some cute tomboy zakos as well, such as the two short-haired swimsuit girls (the one with the short brown hair and the one with the tanned skin). The Karen clones are cute too, especially the ones with the white camisole and the one that wore nothing but a pink bra and a pink underwear
I personally took to R-16 the least out of all of them, mostly because I didn't like the zako in it as much. I didn't like that there were not many particularly "bad" bad-girls. The fights came from brainwashing, misunderstandings, and overall girls who weren't really all that bad most of the time. I much prefer my zako to always be at least somewhat purposefully antagonistic while still being cute and sexy enough that they're oddly likable, and the delmos are pretty much the only AIKa antagonists who fulfill that role perfectly, with Zero being about alien brainwashing.

HurfBlurf

Supporter (Tier 3)
Well the whole anime takes place in a post-apocalypse world where much of the surface is flooded by water. And as ridiculous as the Delmos look (and inept they are), they do use real live ammunition... most have probably killed people already.

While we're on this topic, I do wonder:
During the events of Trial 3 - Take off position, there's a fairly brief depiction of a sea battle between the delmos vessel and the "national fleet", consisting of a battleship and 7 destroyers. During the battle (spoilers!) the delmo ship hits and annihilates the enemy battleship, forcing the other enemy vessels to withdraw.

Possibly, since Aika is "20 minutes into the future", the ship might be fully automated. But given the size and visible bridge, I find that unlikely.
While there are a few mitigating factors (the enemy opened fire first), the fact remains that the battleship was blown out of the water, presumably with all hands lost. A WW2 era battleship had a compliment of up to 3000 sailors. Which would be a pretty damning toll in the otherwise rather happy-go-lucky Aikaverse.
What do people generally think of this? Delmos are villains, but did they participate in the destruction of a manned vessel, possibly with thousands of people on it?
The question is crucial for a rather big Aika project I'm working on, so far I'm rolling with the "There were people on it - war is hell" theory.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
There's almost certainly a name for the concept I'm gonna talk about, but I don't know it and I'm not gonna make up a name cause I'm not crazy.
But for all fiction, there are questions that just don't get answered and parts that just don't get talked about. They're not important enough to the story, or they contradict the tone, or they are just in some way uncomfortable. This is true though all of history, there's always some things just not brought up. Even in modern, exhaustive world building stories, not everything gets touched on. For an example, there isn't anything even in the Silmarillion about poopin'. We all know the characters do, but yo that's not important.
For Aika, I think a lot of the background evilness of the delmos falls into a similar category. For the same reason as to why a lot of the violence is consequence-free, it's just not really fun anymore if you dwell on that. It becomes far more serious if they killed 3000 people; but things still have the same light-hearted tone and they still humanize and moeify the delmos after the ship event, which just makes things uncomfortable if the show was also telling you "hey they just killed a 9/11 number of people you know." So it's not important. It establishes they're powerful and are able to do things, but the viewer isn't told the consequences and that's fine, because not everything has to be stated and it's more fun to be able to move past it and imagine whatever you want about what happened.
But to answer your question HurfBlurf, about what I think happened: I think the ship was automated. Maybe it's an old ship pressed into service that they refitted into being automated, and that's why it's big and got a bridge. Maybe they built it that way so it can be manned sometimes too. Why do I think this? Because it doesn't change the tone of the story too much. The supporting evidence I've got is that no one talks about all the lives lost on that ship, so it's perfectly possible to imagine no one was on it or that everyone was somehow totally fine.
But for your project, it's ultimately up to you. If you want a different tone, then go ahead, they killed 3000 people. But if you're struggling to keep with the tone of the anime and running into issues because you start thinking about the background and events and they're not adding up, well... it's totally okay to just ignore things or handwave things or invent things so that people are totally okay. Literally every story ever told doesn't say everything that's going on.

HurfBlurf

Supporter (Tier 3)
Thank you kindly for the response.

First things first, I agree with the "things are not talked about" gist of your post wholeheartedly. It happens in all kinds of fictions, a more famous recent example is the Superman - Man of Steel movie, specifically the massive collateral damage that Superman causes in the final battle. Yes, they were evacuating the city at the time, but the toll of dead civilians by superman's actions would have been gigantic nevertheless.
In Aika it happens as well, obviously - we don't really explore why the army funded Hagan, despite him having his private, sexualized all female army and naked chicks for shoulder pads. We're probably analyzing Aika more than the people who created it envisioned in the first place, since I believe the Anime was born on the premise of "Panties, knockouts, and more panties."

I also agree that "thinking about things too much" can absolutely ruin something. Best example for me is Captain Harlock and the Mazone girls, who literally die in the thousands (and even millions) over the course of the anime.
I used to enjoy the artworks of them that course around the zako scenes, as it's a big fest of zakos getting taken out in droves.
Then I learned of their story, and then I literally had nightmares about them and felt terrible to the core about their fate. Even though they are depicted as completely ruthless and using every dirty trick in the book. Even though they're really just plants that adopt the form of pretty ladies to make their enemy think twice before shooting (Totally works on me.). Oh, and despite the fact that the events depicted in Harlock are, indeed, fictional.

On the other hand, anime tends to play with these expectations as well, and routinely puts cuteness/sexiness and horrible scenarios in the same bag. I'll see which way I role I guess, as you mentioned it might not be worth talking about.

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
I also agree that "thinking about things too much" can absolutely ruin something. Best example for me is Captain Harlock and the Mazone girls, who literally die in the thousands (and even millions) over the course of the anime.
I used to enjoy the artworks of them that course around the zako scenes, as it's a big fest of zakos getting taken out in droves.
Then I learned of their story, and then I literally had nightmares about them and felt terrible to the core about their fate. Even though they are depicted as completely ruthless and using every dirty trick in the book. Even though they're really just plants that adopt the form of pretty ladies to make their enemy think twice before shooting (Totally works on me.). Oh, and despite the fact that the events depicted in Harlock are, indeed, fictional.

On the other hand, anime tends to play with these expectations as well, and routinely puts cuteness/sexiness and horrible scenarios in the same bag. I'll see which way I role I guess, as you mentioned it might not be worth talking about.

I'm with you on the Mazones man. There is a scene that I feel straight up revulsion about, where they have you consider their innate humanity and show you one who's scared and then just take that all away again and kill her. I'm sure you were supposed to consider that just a trick or whatever, but as soon as you start letting the audience ask questions and consider the consequences of actions, they will. That tension can absolutely be played with, and the best twists are usually ones where the audience gets to recontextualize the events they already saw. But if you do nothing with it and just roll on through, it's uncomfortable.

Anime does have a ton of sexy girls doing evil things, and it's not exactly uncommon in a lot of pulp either. I'd just argue that's probably a different tone than what Aika ended up having. It doesn't stop you from being able to make something with that tone, I just think the questions about who got killed and how much killing the delmos did aren't answered on purpose.
I'd also argue that they might not have under-thought the anime. The design and characterization of the delmos isn't exactly an accident. I think they tried very hard to draw lines and stop the audience from considering things so they could have a post-apocalyptic James Bond-esque sci-fi ecchi anime with cute girls fighting cute girls and have it be fun and lighthearted.

The ZIL Organization

Club Regular
I really dislike Captain Harlock. Apart from the criticisms voiced above, Harlock stretches the boundaries of credibility too much. In every story, you need to feel that the hero is genuinely under challenge rather than 100% invincible and capable of wiping out millions of his opponents despite being outnumbered millions of times over and having inferior technology to boot.

Jackie Chan movies often feature him in a one on one with his primary enemy, and Jackie gets beaten half to death and barely wins. He never finishes any movie unscratched. This kind of action scene keeps you on tenterhooks.

No matter how sexy the Mazone are and how fun the zako fights are, after I figured out Captain Harlock, I lost all interest and stopped following.

Overpowered heroes aren't worth cheering for. If I wanted to worship a God, I would go to a place of prayer.

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Yeah, but that is true for most anime, honestly. Take Space Battleship Yamato which has humanity supposedly as the underdog against a giant space empire. Yet this ONE experimental ship they have, which is just a real sea-vessel retrofitted as a spaceship, keeps destroying whole fleets, bases, and even bloody PLANETS, with tons and tons of "enemies" who are just really not evil rank and file soldiers fighting a pointless war. I ended up rooting for the enemy after a while, especially since some of the commanders are honorable and don't care much for their tyrannical leader either, they just serve out of a sense of duty.
Speaking of this show btw, the reboot did have a some zako in one scene.
20130727155058047791.jpg 20130727155419097746.gif

The ZIL Organization

Club Regular
Yeah, but that is true for most anime, honestly. Take Space Battleship Yamato which has humanity supposedly as the underdog against a giant space empire. Yet this ONE experimental ship they have, which is just a real sea-vessel retrofitted as a spaceship, keeps destroying whole fleets, bases, and even bloody PLANETS, with tons and tons of "enemies" who are just really not evil rank and file soldiers fighting a pointless war. I ended up rooting for the enemy after a while, especially since some of the commanders are honorable and don't care much for their tyrannical leader either, they just serve out of a sense of duty.
View attachment 73461 View attachment 73462

There are other Japanese anime like this as well; just that I can' think of their names since I watched them as a child. These are called wish fulfillment and don't have much artistic merit. Some people may say that 'art' doesn't matter; but ultimately if something is too stupid you won't want to watch it again.

Agent Aika we watch not for its all so beliveable plot, but for the pantsu.

triet92

Club Regular
View attachment 73461 View attachment 73462

which episode is this one from?

wj1905

Master of this Domain
which episode is this one from?
Episode 20 of the new show.
She is shot and killed (like most of her team) while they heroically sacrifice their lives to cover the retreat of a teammate so he can kidnap the magic superpower alien princess girl. In the next episode the Yamato crew does give them a space burial while bemusing how similar to humans they look - as I understand from wikis, I have not really checked, they are from the Zaltz species where some of them have human skintones. And yeah, while all the others get human uniforms for the burial, the girl got dressed in a sleeveless shirt? ;) At any rate, I put together a panshot of her body in the coffin. Would not mind if someone R34 her... love that short-cropped tomboy hair. And she has some nice firm B-cups... :)
Zaltz girl coffin.png

wj1905

Master of this Domain
Here, did some more screencaps of her. She is never named, only the surviving guy on the team (whom she teases in a scene) was named. When they accidentally bumped into the space princess (or rather a human who for some never explained reason looks exactly like her... man, anime are often so weird) she knocks her out with... chloroform, I guess? She got shot in zero-G with a machine gun after killing quite a few humans, dying instantly, her corpse floating in the corridor.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.01.14].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.01.15].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.07].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.31].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.35].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.41].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.48].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.02.51].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.03.00].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.03.08].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.04.58].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.05.01].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.05.08].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.06.11].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.06.23].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.07.57].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.14].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.20].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.25].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.40].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.43].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.48].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.08.51].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.09.10].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.09.16].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.09.51].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.09.56].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.09.59].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.10.02].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.10.04].jpg Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (Dub) Episode 020 - Watch Space.mp4_[2018.05.17_19.10.18].jpg .

Tsukachan

Master of this Domain
Episode 20 of the new show.
She is shot and killed (like most of her team) while they heroically sacrifice their lives to cover the retreat of a teammate so he can kidnap the magic superpower alien princess girl. In the next episode the Yamato crew does give them a space burial while bemusing how similar to humans they look - as I understand from wikis, I have not really checked, they are from the Zaltz species where some of them have human skintones. And yeah, while all the others get human uniforms for the burial, the girl got dressed in a sleeveless shirt? ;) At any rate, I put together a panshot of her body in the coffin. Would not mind if someone R34 her... love that short-cropped tomboy hair. And she has some nice firm B-cups... :)
View attachment 73543

Damn... She looks so adorable!!! I wish I can get my hands on those juicy breasts....

The ZIL Organization

Club Regular
That's why I loathe the standard shoot and kill anime so much. I wish someone would adopt my idea, that of a gel-blob shooting gun that shoots electrified gel blobs which taser the opponents. The gel has enough momentum to knock someone off her feet and make her sore, but doesn't cause serious permanent injuries and instead uses the electrical charge to make the opponent writhe sexily before collapsing on the floor, incapacitated due to electrical disruption of the body's signals. A very sexy yet humane weapon. Even being shot in the crotch won't kill, but it will be very fun and sexy to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.