1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few questions about Street Fighter anime vs Street Figther game(s)

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by Kargan3033, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

I have a few question about the Street Fighter verce when it comes to the difference between the old SF anime and the SF games.

I have the old SF2 anime movie and in that Bison's crime org is called Shadowlaw while in the SF games it's called Shadloo(sp) are those two names interchangeable in SF cannon/verce?

2. ciprianouu

ciprianouu Potential Patron

I think it's a problem of romanizing the Japanese name. It might have been originally intended to be Shadowlaw, but it's usually romanized as Shadaloo and this is the official name we see in Western materials nowadays. M. Bison - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are other examples of Street Fighter names that were improperly romanized because Capcom didn't have people well versed in English. For example I think the usual way to write Guy's name in English would be Gai, but Capcom didn't know any better at the time (they were even going to write it Gay until someone told them what gay meant), and I've read that Rolento was supposed to be called Laurent.

3. Kargan3033

Kargan3033 Swell Supporter

Ahh ok then Ciprianouu thanks for the info.