14 Feb 18 - Mod.fla template v0.98.3 (1 Viewer)

sclover13

Content Creator
1615630059145.png
1615630181334.png

Added listener as instructed on the warning, but while the jaw seems to respond correctly, it also just cycles through the mc.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the eye-ridge and upper lip aren't loading correctly.

Thanks.

EDIT: Fixed everything by changing Update Face from the default false to true.

1615631803777.png

1615631859444.png

Last edited:

sclover13

Content Creator
One more question:
Is there a way to overwrite the vanilla skin like in standard mod template?
1615648597111.png

I love how much I can do in your mod template, but unfortunately I'm hitting a few walls. A few issues I have questions about are:

- How to register dynamic hair mods in your template?
- Is overwriting og assets possible?
- How do I add character data? I tried importing the STDmods files as per usual, but that didn:t work.
- Throat bulge? Is there a method for handling that?

Thank for your awesome template btw. Having a lot of fun working in it.

Faceless

Content Creator
sclover13 sclover13 Thing about the vanilla throat is that it isn't actually a sprite. Rather, it's procedurally generated using ActionScript. While I probably could have figured out a way to substitute in a user drawn sprite with proper animation support, it's a pretty niche use case which I didn't feel was worth the effort required.

Similarly, I never bothered with researching integration of vanilla modding assets because that's what the original vanilla template, and later, @sby's template was for.

Good catch on the face stuff though.

sclover13

Content Creator
sclover13 sclover13 Thing about the vanilla throat is that it isn't actually a sprite. Rather, it's procedurally generated using ActionScript. While I probably could have figured out a way to substitute in a user drawn sprite with proper animation support, it's a pretty niche use case which I didn't feel was worth the effort required.

Similarly, I never bothered with researching integration of vanilla modding assets because that's what the original vanilla template, and later, @sby's template was for.

Good catch on the face stuff though.
Thanks for the reply!
I was thinking about making both the skin and hair as a single mod. As such, I'd need to integrate vanilla modding assets (namely hair).

Also, right now my biggest roadblock is overwriting vanilla assets within your template. (For example, the shoulder example above. As well, I'd like to make a smaller nose, but the current one persists).

Thoughts on that?

Edit: this post here gave me insight on how to overwrite vanilla assets! Just turn their visibility off, right?

Code:
   //---------------------------nose
   hernose = new newnose();
   for (i = 0; i < her.head.face.nose.numChildren; i++) {
     her.head.face.nose.getChildAt(i).visible = false;
   }
   loader.loadManual(hernose, her.head.face.nose);

Faceless

Content Creator
Edit: this post here gave me insight on how to overwrite vanilla assets! Just turn their visibility off, right?
Pretty much, yeah. Just make sure that things get turned back on when unloading the mod. Under normal circumstances you can have the loader force the visibility flags for you, but handling it yourself offers more flexibility.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
Hi all,

Is there a way to make the legs reappear when you reset after having loaded a Him mod? I need the legs to be invisible while the him mod is loaded. Here is the current code:

Code:
function initl(l)
{
        l.g.inGameMenu.loadData("");

l.loadCustomFull(new hisfootl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume.calf.foot","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hisfootr(),".|Him.rightLegCostume.calf.foot","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hiscalfl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume.calf","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new hiscalfr(),".|Him.rightLegCostume.calf","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new histhighl(),".|Him.leftLegCostume","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new histhighr,".|Him.rightLegCostume","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new historso,".|Him.torsoLayer.torso","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    l.loadCustomFull(new pantstop,".|Him.midLayer.hips","x:0;y:0;r:0;a:1");
    var hupperarm = new hisupperarm();
    hupperarm.rotation = -90;
    l.him.armContainer.arm.upperArm.addChild(hupperarm);
    l.registerToRemove(hupperarm);
    var hforearm = new hisforearm();
    l.him.armContainer.arm.lowerArm.addChild(hforearm);
    l.registerToRemove(hforearm);
    var hhand = new hishand();
    l.him.armContainer.arm.hand.addChild(hhand);
    l.registerToRemove(hhand);
    var hupperarml = new hisupperarml();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.addChild(hupperarml);
    l.registerToRemove(hupperarml);
    var hforearml = new hisforearml();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.foreArm.addChild(hforearml);
    l.registerToRemove(hforearml);
    var hhandl = new hishandl();
    l.him.leftArmContainer.arm.foreArm.hand.addChild(hhandl);
    l.registerToRemove(hhandl);
    var penis = new hispenis();
    l.him.penis.addChildAt(penis,l.him.penis.getChildIndex(l.him.penis.getChildAt(0))+1);
    l.registerToRemove(penis);
    l.unloadMod();
    l.him.leftLeg.calf.visible=false;
    l.him.rightLeg.calf.visible=false;
    l.unloadMod();
}

sclover13

Content Creator
Pretty much, yeah. Just make sure that things get turned back on when unloading the mod. Under normal circumstances you can have the loader force the visibility flags for you, but handling it yourself offers more flexibility.
So for the neck, I've been struggling with getting rid of the old one. One method I've stumbled upon is using an erase mask under the new neck to just poof the vanilla neck. Sadly this won't work for things like the jaw it seems, but it's fine for the neck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.