Zakos for (GZ)Doom (Release) (2 Viewers)

Kayfabe

Club Regular
Walking animation looks good, but jeez is that a lot of work!

I like the new hair on the basic (human) crewman too. Those bangs are hot.

And are the dark elves or whatever seriously not wearing underwear? lol

西北望射天狼

Casual Client
Speaking of the follow up mod, I've redone (again) some sprites & animations.
Basic Crewman, Nurse and Soldier have now 6 walking frames and some more/changed attack animation.
All units will get 6 walking frames, it just looks nicer :) You can compare the old walkcycle of the crewman with the blue and normal chick.
Still just a testbed though: Link

Edit:
oh and the heal/rise animation are still missing. The nurse needs some frames for healing a downed unit and all units need some "getting up" animation. just playing the death sequence backwards is a bit strange in a non-magic/demonic setting.
How should I use this

西北望射天狼

Casual Client
- You need ZDoom or GZDoom. Both can be downloaded her for free: GZDoom
You also need the original asset files (wad) from Doom or Doom2.
- Download the mod and unpack it with 7-zip.
- Copy the .wad into the same folder as (G)ZDoom, then drag & drop the file onto the (G)ZDoom.exe.
thank you

C

Crowe

God damn, a high quality mod featuring my favorite fetish for one of my favorite games ever?! This is beyond amazing

MZZ

Content Creator
God damn, a high quality mod featuring my favorite fetish for one of my favorite games ever?! This is beyond amazing
Sorry to say that I'm currently to busy to work on the follow up idea.

Zamaron1

Club Regular
hey you think of making this kinda mod for Doom 2016, I love your mod and enemy designs, but I always love fighting zako with 3d models, unless there is a mod that would let them be in 3d. so what do you think of modding Doom 2016?

MZZ

Content Creator
hey you think of making this kinda mod for Doom 2016, I love your mod and enemy designs, but I always love fighting zako with 3d models, unless there is a mod that would let them be in 3d. so what do you think of modding Doom 2016?

Thats way out of my league...
All I do is playing with toy dolls and making sprites of them ;)

But check out Ryona Assassins by Dorumeka. It goes the 3d Route :)

MZZ

Content Creator
I did a little update, just a slight adjustment to the Arachnotron sprites on death. They look now darker than the live ones.
And I took the jump to the pk3 file format. Doesn't change much on the player side, but is more organized internally.

Now I'm looking at brightmaps and how they work. They make glowy bits on the sprites, like eyes that are visible even in the dark.

MZZ

Content Creator
ok, simple brightmaps are understood. But damn are they a heap of work XD.
Screenshot_Doom_20191015_191542.png Screenshot_Doom_20191015_191622.png
You have to do a alpha sprite for every sprite you want highlighted.
Like the old analog movie special effects where guys painted/etched effects directly onto celluloid, frame by frame ;)
Looks nice though....something to do for long winter evenings :)

Also, try the ZakoPlayer mod that turns Doomguy into a zako girl. If you like, even in thirdperson mode. (ZDoom chasecam, console command "chase" if you like that kind of thing ;) )

Hentai_Master_Hand_44

Content Creator
More sweet stuff is coming our way, awesome. Thanks a bunch MZZ for your work. :grin:

Just a question in general the zakoplayer works for instance by itself? I mean one could use it with a vanilla .wad for instance and play vs. the usual enemy bunch? But yeah who would want that silly me *hehe*

MZZ

Content Creator
Glad that you like it :)

Just a question in general the zakoplayer works for instance by itself? I mean one could use it with a vanilla .wad for instance and play vs. the usual enemy bunch? But yeah who would want that silly me *hehe*
Yes, the ZakoPlayer mod is a standalone mod. The Thirdperson view is also standalone (due to the way GZDoom handles the player sprites, it must be a "skin" wad).
You can mix & match monsters, firstperson and thirdperson mods as you like ;)

DSB

2D Artist
Illustrator
Writer
Author
Hi there!

First of all, thanks for sharing this amazing mod. I've been looking for something like that for a while, and I can't believe how satisfying it is. Seriously, this is so much fun! (yeah, I just enjoy the idea of killing attractive chicks for some reason, don't question why)

I didn't know what "Zako" means before, but well, I gotta admit I'm not a bit disappointed. This is a good quality mod with nice detailed sprites and cool sound effects. I really appreciate all the work you put into it.

Also good idea to make a separate ZakoPlayer mod. I'm personnally using Doomgirl mod since I prefer playing as a tough female than a "weak" female, but maybe that's just me. Nice mod tho ;)

It's been some time since the last message in this thread, so I don't know if you're still working on this mod. If it's the case, or if you're planning to do it soon or later, here's what could be improved in my opinion:

- More gory deaths with more guts, blood and dismemberment (more like Brutal Doom)
- Most of the sprites look amazing (my favorites are probably the baron and the archvile), yet I'm not convinced by the tanks (arachnotron & spider mastermind), it doesn't have the "female enemy" feel to it since the drivers are tiny compared to the vehicle. Why not making it a spider cyborg girl or a tank cyborg girl or something? It would look sick.

Last edited:

MZZ

Content Creator
DSB DSB
Glad you like it :) You should try Titty Doom (even if incomplete) and DrugHit (very short, but much sprite work) :)

The general issue with the spider enemies is that they are very wide (circular hitbox) and not much height.
With the cyberdemon I could just do a giant robot girl, fits nicely. But the spiders needed something to fill out the hitbox.
And animating a spider body with many legs would be a pain 😅 The Geisha Tank is a nice WTF 😂

Cheers!

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
Heyo, I've tried out all your Doom stuff and was very pleased. DrugHit was the best, despite its brevity, because of it being a fully realized and unique experience. But the sheer body count of Doom 2 + Zako/Titty Doom is also quite an experience.

I'm guessing Titty Doom will supersede Zako Doom? I hope you will get around to finishing that one as well. If you don't mind, I have a couple of ideas, including what to do with the arachnotrons.

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
Of course, I don't expect you to actually implement these suggestions. Your taste is your taste.

1. I've noticed, that you replaced more than just enemies in Titty Doom. I have found at least two static objects, that are now sexy statues. That's good, I hope you continue with this. What I would like to see replaced most of all, are all the various mangled dudes, that decorate the regular Doom levels. Both the floor/ceiling objects and the wall textures. I don't mind horrific violence, not even in the context of this mod, yet somehow all those corpses really clash with the mod tonewise. I think there is a great opportunity to display even more sexy girls in peril, or worse. Maybe they could be zakos, that were punished for incompetence. The possibilities are endless. Crucified, hanged, beheaded, blindfolded and shot; in chains, in cages, impaled, bound to a whipping post, etc. Executed or just tortured and still alive. Whatever you like.

2. I also didn't like the tanks much, but for more practical reasons. The bulky sprites really block the player's view. And worst of all, the corpses are pretty much the same height. It takes just two dead Arachnotrons in a corridor and you have no idea anymore, what goes on behind them. If you intend to continue working on Zako Doom or you want tanks again in Titty Doom, then I suggest, that the tanks explode on death and leave behind some debris and perhaps some charred corpses.

3. I have a feeling, that you are going with more of a fantasy theme in Titty Doom. I think a snake lady might be a good replacement for the Arachnotron. With most of her body coiled up beneath her, it could give her the necessary squat appearance. Give her a staff, that is held horizontally, when not shooting and some horizontal horns to fill out the space on the sides a bit more. A slithering snakebody is probably also easier to animate than all those spider legs.
I realize, I've pretty much described the Ophidians from Heretic. So same as those, just sitting a bit lower and with a longer body, that is bunched up in a zig-zag pattern or coiled up.
Another possibility would be a slime girl. Her lower body would be just a blob. It doesn't get any easier than that!

4. Doom had really good monster design, in that they all looked very different even at a glance, in darkness and at a distance (With the exception of the Baron and Knight). This is very important for quickly assessing a situation in such a fast-paced game. I realize, that this is more difficult to pull off, when all the enemies are supposed to be sexy babes. You still pulled it off, though. Mostly. Both in Zako and Titty Doom, the Shotgunners and Chaingunners look very similar. I suggest to make the chaingunners a bit wider, like their original counterparts. More buxom and beefier weapons. For Titty Doom I suggest giving the Chaingunner a crossbow. That alone should help to create a very different silhouette.

5. Pain elementals might be another tricky enemy to replace. I've had this idea, that I think could be fun: Make it a pregnant lady, that literally gives birth to Lost Souls! The (exaggerated) pregnant belly + tucked up and spread legs would provide the necessary width for the sprite. Why does she float, though? No idea.

6. What else is still missing? I think the Mancubus and Archvile should be pretty straightforward.
Mancubus - A sorceress, that shoots fireballs from both her hands. Maybe with a big, flowing cape. Again, to fill out the wide hitbox.
Archvile - A necromancer, obviously.
Hmm, I can't think of anything good for the Revenant, Spider mastermind and Cyberdemon right now. And certainly not for the Lost Souls.

7. I want to second, what DSB DSB has said: The gorier, the better. But I suspect, that extreme violence is probably not your cup of tea. I just wanted to mention it.

8. Might I please ask you to remove those cat sounds or use different ones :)? They are pretty jarring for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.