Zakos for (GZ)Doom (Release) (2 Viewers)

MZZ

Content Creator
Thanks for your thoughts!

Some quick comments:
1. I've noticed, that you replaced more than just enemies in Titty Doom. I have found at least two static objects, that are now sexy statues
Yes, when I continue with the mod, replacing more static decorations with something kinky is on the table :)

2. I also didn't like the tanks much, but for more practical reasons.
I'm not super happy with the tanks, especially their corpse, but they "filled" out the circular space they have to. I consider Zako Doom done, but maaayybe in the far future I revisit those.

3. I have a feeling, that you are going with more of a fantasy theme in Titty Doom.
Yes! Titty Doom is fantasy leaning. About the snake lady, 2 issues: a) I don't have a model for it and b) animating "tail" like appendages is even more pain than legs 😅

4. Doom had really good monster design
Absolutely, and I tried to keep the color scheme of the doom zombies. The silhouette of the chaingunner has one distinction: no cape!

5. Pain elementals might be another tricky enemy to replace.
My current idea is similar to the Cacodemon replacement, a witch on a broom, but with different look/color palette.
She "Shoots" pixies from a jar. But I have to finish the lost souls first.
1680873613283.png
1680873641192.png

6. What else is still missing?
The mancubus are the fox mikos with the large...fireballs :)
1680873892268.png

For the archvile I'm considering an angel, would also fit the reviving power and fire attack :)
Revenants would probably also something magical, but needs an melee attack. Paladin girl? dunno yet.

For the gibbing I don't mind explosions of gore, the issue is that animating those is hard 😅 Having body parts fly off or dramatically deform/cut is not easy with the tools I have.

8. Might I please ask you to remove those cat sounds or use different ones :)? They are pretty jarring for some reason.
You can open the file with SLADE and replace all the CAT* sounds with something you like :) Any wad is kinda open source 😆
1680872503980.png

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
Thanks for your thoughts!

Some quick comments:
Ah, the mancubus is already replaced. I must have missed that one.

Archvile as an angel sounds good. Revenant as Paladin, too. Sword or mace in one hand and some magical weapon in the other. Maybe a shield with a face on it, that shoots homing rockets (or whatever you turn them into) out of its mouth.

The pixie in the jar is a cool idea. I assume the attack animation will be the witch popping off the cork and maybe some pixie dust coming out. I'm just afraid, that the pixie in the jar will be barely visible during normal play.

Hmm, if a snake is too difficult, I would guess, that a slug might be easier? But that's probably not so sexy :)
Or a slimegirl.

Thanks for the tip about replacing sounds. Will try that.

Good to hear, that you still have new ideas and also, that more violence is a possibility, at least in theory.
I'm looking forward to future updates.

MZZ

Content Creator
The pixie in the jar is a cool idea. I assume the attack animation will be the witch popping off the cork and maybe some pixie dust coming out. I'm just afraid, that the pixie in the jar will be barely visible during normal play.
While in the jar, it would be a fun little detail, released/standalone they will be bigger.
I'd go with the glowing pixie, one that has a constant background "halo". You'd get the best view of her when she flies into you fist-first :D

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
I didn't get that much enjoyment from the pixies and dark witch, but only because I hate pain elementals so much.

The red and blue onis both look pretty good, but the angel is awesome! Probably my favourite enemy so far. The design just fits perfectly with its attack and the reviving. Top notch animations. Too bad it doesn't leave a corpse for me to ogle at.

MZZ

Content Creator
Pain elementals are pains in the ass, yeah 😆

Thanks :) I wanted to do something different with the angel (and skip some frames).
The Archvile has the most frames of any Doom monster. You see it in the filesize jump from 0.5 to 0.55 😅

MZZ

Content Creator
Now for something completely different (kinda).
I banged my head against ZScript for the weekend and hopefully something useful to show for it:
(Nevermind that the sprites don't fit, I cobbled this together in 2,5 days)

Slörk.7z

1685292766967.png 1685292796267.png
I tried my hand at a (sex)scene cam like in HDoom or Slooter, but mostly with ZScript (not ACS/DECORATE).

Here the first basic enemies are replaced by 2 zakos. The girl with the shotgun can be hit with the "use" key, they scene should then start.
The blue zako girl is a different variant, she has a chance to turn into a "defeat" state after you shoot her. The defeated girl you can "use" as above.

While in a "scene", the game continues to play, so beware when & where you assault the girls ;)
You can cancel the scene with another hit of the use key. Depending on how far the scene has already played,
the girl returns to her previous state (defeated/still with gun and angry) or she drops dead.
Your reward is armor and health for keeping the animation playing.

Handling of the camera and player pawn was the main point of the exercise, doing a mod about a horny bloodsucking monster is for the future ;)

Last edited:

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
Now for something completely different (kinda).
I banged my head against ZScript for the weekend and hopefully something useful to show for it:
(Nevermind that the sprites don't fit, I cobbled this together in 2,5 days)

Slörk.7z

I tried my hand at a (sex)scene cam like in HDoom or Slooter, but mostly with ZScript (not ACS/DECORATE).

Here the first basic enemies are replaced by 2 zakos. The girl with the shotgun can be hit with the "use" key, they scene should then start.
The blue zako girl is a different variant, she has a chance to turn into a "defeat" state after you shoot her. The defeated girl you can "use" as above.

While in a "scene", the game continues to play, so beware when & where you assault the girls ;)
You can cancel the scene with another hit of the use key. Depending on how far the scene has already played,
the girl returns to her previous state (defeated/still with gun and angry) or she drops dead.
Your reward is armor and health for keeping the animation playing.

Handling of the camera and player pawn was the main point of the exercise, doing a mod about a horny bloodsucking monster is for the future ;)
This is pretty cool and playing as a monster, that preys on pretty women sounds like an excellent premise for an FPS. I also wouldn't mind a similar mechanic being implemented in Titty Doom.

Some technical problems I've noticed:
-Trying to use shotgunners before downing them is a bit finnicky and doesn't always work. Using defeated girls works flawlessly.
-The camera doesn't follow the scene, if it takes place on a moving lift.
-It is possible to get infinite armour by using defeated girls and releasing them again, before the 2nd phase of the animation begins and then repeating this forever.

Also, first time I've ever heard of Slooter and - oops, it's already dead. 😢
Bummer, it looks really good. I'm gonna try it out anyway.

MZZ

Content Creator
This is pretty cool and playing as a monster, that preys on pretty women sounds like an excellent premise for an FPS. I also wouldn't mind a similar mechanic being implemented in Titty Doom.
Thanks for giving it a try :) Oh boy would I need sprites to give every girl in Titty Doom a sex scene :wat:😆

Some technical problems I've noticed:
-Trying to use shotgunners before downing them is a bit finnicky and doesn't always work. Using defeated girls works flawlessly.
I'm not sure if it is because the shotgunner is running around. Technical, both actors use the same trick: They are defined as switches, and using them goes to an on/off state. Not really meant for monsters, so it's a dirty hack from the start :D
Edith: oh and you have to look pretty level, not too much up/down. Even if your target is there. The engine assumes switches=on the wall on eye level.

-The camera doesn't follow the scene, if it takes place on a moving lift.
Dang, didn't thought about that the victim may still be moved around. Camera Actor needs an update routine...

-It is possible to get infinite armour by using defeated girls and releasing them again, before the 2nd phase of the animation begins and then repeating this forever.
I know 😅 An actual game would need to drain life from the victim so you can't slurp them forever.

Also, first time I've ever heard of Slooter and - oops, it's already dead. 😢
Bummer, it looks really good. I'm gonna try it out anyway.
I poked around in the code from Slooter, yeah it's a descent into madness in the comments. They tried to keep the code multiplayer compatible, which opens up so much more problems.

Last edited:

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
I poked around in the code from Slooter, yeah it's a descent into madness in the comments. They tried to keep the code multiplayer compatible, which opens up so much more problems.
That's funny, imagining people deathmatching in Slooter. Maybe it would have been a good place for roleplaying?

MZZ

Content Creator
Here is the second try of Slörk the brain sucker monster :P
It's still a technical proof of concept, but the ZScript code is much cleaner (if you want to recycle it, or have a look how it works).
For shits and giggles some "gameplay" tweaks:
- If a girl's health drops below 50%, there is a chance she goes "KO" and can be easily attacked.
- Sucking the girl's brain hurts her, so depending on her remaining health, she may die early.
- While "in the scene" with a girl, the player is still part of the game world and will get attacked by remaining enemies!
Plan your assaults accordingly.
- Stray bullets hitting a girl may make her escape your grasp or wake her up from her KO state.
(because you can't really override the engine's call to the pain state. But it is fitting here, so no tilting at windmills)

Slörk MK2

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
Ah yes, you fixed all the problems I found last time...

But now there's new ones.

1. Is it intentional, that I can just use ANY enemy? Without them having taken any damage? Because I can. At least using active enemies now works flawlessly every time, unlike before.
2. Found another exploit. This time I can get infinite ammo. The enemies drop ammo, not just upon death, but every time the brain sucking animation is interrupted. So if I spam the use key quickly enough during that phase, I can exit and re-enter the animation many times, possibly infinitely. Interrupting the animation should either kill the enemy, or simply not produce any ammo.

Last edited:

MZZ

Content Creator
Ah yes, you fixed all the problems I found last time...

But now there new ones.

1. Is it intentional, that I can just use ANY enemy? Without them having taken any damage? Because I can. At least using active enemies now works flawlessly every time, unlike before.
2. Found another exploit. This time I can get infinite ammo. The enemies drop ammo, not just upon death, but every time the brain sucking animation is interrupted. So if I spam the use key quickly enough during that phase, I can exit and re-enter the animation many times, possibly infinitely. Interrupting the animation should either kill the enemy, or simply not produce any ammo.
1. At the moment, yes. With replacing the starting menagerie to "zombiemans" already makes the game ridiculously easy. But beware, the player is still part of the world. Any other active enemy can and will shoot at you while the animation plays ;)
Changing it so you can only grab "KO" enemies or with a random success chance would now be very easy to implement.
(In my head, the game would make Slörk way more melee focused. Only occasional use of enemy weapons. Luring/singling enemies out and avoiding most shootouts, etc. Slörk is a dumb space alien creature that found itself outside his natural habitat and now runs amuck in confusion.)

2. I have to check that, leaving the brain sucking should kill the actor, so no re-engaging. But as above, adding some more checks to the grab attack will be easy :)
Edit: should be fixed in the next tech demo :)
Currently you can still farm armor by fucking and releasing the girl before the second animation stage.
Could be fixed by either: victim has some resource points you drain. If they are depleted, you can't gain more health/armor by repeating the action.
OR: first stage does not give you anything, only the second stage gives you a bit of both. You can't repeat the second stage and you have to invest some seconds to get to the second stage. But that is less of a technical question, more a gameplay design/balancing one :)

Last edited:

EchoRyona

2D Artist
Illustrator
Defeat rape is a brilliant idea, because it lets you appreciate the models for more than a frame. Which is the usual problem with H-modding a twitch shooter.
Maybe it's just my copy, but I could use any enemy: dead, incapacitated, or active. Using a dead or active one restored them to active after the sex scene, and made them invincible.

Could this system be used to add glory kills to doom 1/2?

Last edited:

MZZ

Content Creator
Maybe it's just my copy, but I could use any enemy: dead, incapacitated, or active. Using a dead or active one restored them to active after the sex scene, and made them invincible.
I'll look into it, Thanks! Have to add a check that the actor is alive before starting the fun :D

Could this system be used to add glory kills to doom 1/2?
I think that is one of the possible ways to do it. I followed a ZDoom tutorial for a third person camera, and thrown stuff out that did not fit for me.
(And lots of trail and error). I tried to use ZScript as much as possible. Which limits the portability of the wad but is easier for me.
You could look into HDoom, Slooter or BrutalDoom how they did their "external" view animations.
If it's just glory kills, BrutalDoom got you covered (in blood :D).

Edit:
Here the latest test build: Version 0.0
You need to have the fists equipped to grab a girl now! And Slörk is an animal, he can't use many weapons and does not reload, ammo will be tight.

Last edited:

EchoRyona

2D Artist
Illustrator
OK, I got it as far as to call it a 0.1 for now: Slörk
This is great. The secondary spit attack is really strong, so much so that I hardly ever used the claws. Played Doom 2 up to The Crusher, and it all seems to work.
I was able to pick up and use a shotgun at one point, which I don't think was intended? After I changed weapons I couldn't change back to it.

MZZ

Content Creator
This is great. The secondary spit attack is really strong, so much so that I hardly ever used the claws. Played Doom 2 up to The Crusher, and it all seems to work.
I was able to pick up and use a shotgun at one point, which I don't think was intended? After I changed weapons I couldn't change back to it.
Nice :D
The Shotgun is not done yet, but should be a simple scripting error. I'll fix when I'm back from my road trip.
More enemies are planned that should take more effort to take out. Also maybe making the weapons a random drop, not everytime.

reinhold.doppeldecker

Vivacious Visitor
I finally got around to playing the newest versions of Titty Doom and Slörk again.

First, Titty Doom. Not much to say here. Two new enemies. Their basic look is good but the animations are so stiff. And the bishops rectangular "forcefield" just doesn't look good. It would be better if it didn't have this sharp border or if it was a different shape, like round maybe. It could be some sort of holy aura, like the way that halos were drawn in medieval drawings.
Only the boss enemies are left now, right?
Since you have almost run out of enemies to create, could you make some more statues and other decorative elements next?

Skörk has gotten more interesting. I like the new animations and the new gameplay (in theory). It plays totally differently now. The player needs to strategize more and isolate enemies to heal. The game has become harder overall, which is good. But it's too much in my opinion. Here are the problems:
The player needs to get into melee range to heal and to use his powerful claws. But all enemies are hitscanners and on top of that they seem to have quicker reaction times and they shoot faster. Even the Zako's armed with a pistol shoot quicker than Doom's Zombiemen. Not to mention the Zakos with rifles, which are plentiful. Shotgunners seem to have more health than the vanilla Doom ones. They can't be downed with a single shotgun blast even at close range, so they will usually get in a shot of their own before dying. It's very difficult to get close to enemies, without losing more health than you can heal from them. The only way to do it reliebly is by corner-camping or surprising them or downing them first. But downed enemies seem to heal you less. And to top it all off, you can't pick up any armour.

Doom 2 on UV is super challenging for me right from the start. It gets a bit easier once I have both weapons. I have only completed the first two levels so far. I think The Focus is gonna be a damned firing squad, not to mention The Crusher...
In my opinion, there shouldn't be any hitscanners in this mod. But if you want to have them, then at least reduce their reaction times by A LOT and perhaps their fire rate or accuracy too. Also, this might be the kind of mod, that really needs its own maps with lower enemy counts, shorter ranges and more cover.

Another thing, that I am worried about are the weapons. I like the ammo limitation and I think it is balanced right, at least for the early Doom 2 levels. The player hast just enough fire power most of the time. But I'm also worried, that it might encourage constant backtracking to stock up on ammo. I haven't had to do this yet in my brief playtesting though.

And finally, it is still possible to infinitely suck enemies by repeatedly quitting and restarting during the first animation and thereby getting infinite armour. It is more difficult than before though, because the Zakos will shoot you in the face immediately, if you don't click them quickly enough.

Overall I like where Slörk is heading. I'm looking forward to more enemies and more sexy and violent animations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.