Zakos for (GZ)Doom (Release)

Kayfabe

Avid Affiliate
Walking animation looks good, but jeez is that a lot of work!

I like the new hair on the basic (human) crewman too. Those bangs are hot.

And are the dark elves or whatever seriously not wearing underwear? lol

西北望射天狼

Vivacious Visitor
Speaking of the follow up mod, I've redone (again) some sprites & animations.
Basic Crewman, Nurse and Soldier have now 6 walking frames and some more/changed attack animation.
All units will get 6 walking frames, it just looks nicer :) You can compare the old walkcycle of the crewman with the blue and normal chick.
Still just a testbed though: Link

Edit:
oh and the heal/rise animation are still missing. The nurse needs some frames for healing a downed unit and all units need some "getting up" animation. just playing the death sequence backwards is a bit strange in a non-magic/demonic setting.
How should I use this

MZZ

Content Creator
How should I use this
- You need ZDoom or GZDoom. Both can be downloaded her for free: GZDoom
You also need the original asset files (wad) from Doom or Doom2.
- Download the mod and unpack it with 7-zip.
- Copy the .wad into the same folder as (G)ZDoom, then drag & drop the file onto the (G)ZDoom.exe.

西北望射天狼

Vivacious Visitor
- You need ZDoom or GZDoom. Both can be downloaded her for free: GZDoom
You also need the original asset files (wad) from Doom or Doom2.
- Download the mod and unpack it with 7-zip.
- Copy the .wad into the same folder as (G)ZDoom, then drag & drop the file onto the (G)ZDoom.exe.
thank you

Crowe

Potential Patron
God damn, a high quality mod featuring my favorite fetish for one of my favorite games ever?! This is beyond amazing

MZZ

Content Creator
God damn, a high quality mod featuring my favorite fetish for one of my favorite games ever?! This is beyond amazing
Sorry to say that I'm currently to busy to work on the follow up idea.

Zamaron1

Avid Affiliate
hey you think of making this kinda mod for Doom 2016, I love your mod and enemy designs, but I always love fighting zako with 3d models, unless there is a mod that would let them be in 3d. so what do you think of modding Doom 2016?

MZZ

Content Creator
hey you think of making this kinda mod for Doom 2016, I love your mod and enemy designs, but I always love fighting zako with 3d models, unless there is a mod that would let them be in 3d. so what do you think of modding Doom 2016?
Thats way out of my league...
All I do is playing with toy dolls and making sprites of them ;)

But check out Ryona Assassins by Dorumeka. It goes the 3d Route :)

MZZ

Content Creator
I did a little update, just a slight adjustment to the Arachnotron sprites on death. They look now darker than the live ones.
And I took the jump to the pk3 file format. Doesn't change much on the player side, but is more organized internally.

Now I'm looking at brightmaps and how they work. They make glowy bits on the sprites, like eyes that are visible even in the dark.

MZZ

Content Creator
ok, simple brightmaps are understood. But damn are they a heap of work XD.
Screenshot_Doom_20191015_191542.pngScreenshot_Doom_20191015_191622.png
You have to do a alpha sprite for every sprite you want highlighted.
Like the old analog movie special effects where guys painted/etched effects directly onto celluloid, frame by frame ;)
Looks nice though....something to do for long winter evenings :)

Also, try the ZakoPlayer mod that turns Doomguy into a zako girl. If you like, even in thirdperson mode. (ZDoom chasecam, console command "chase" if you like that kind of thing ;) )

Hentai_Master_Hand_44

Content Creator
More sweet stuff is coming our way, awesome. Thanks a bunch MZZ for your work. :grin:

Just a question in general the zakoplayer works for instance by itself? I mean one could use it with a vanilla .wad for instance and play vs. the usual enemy bunch? But yeah who would want that silly me *hehe*

MZZ

Content Creator
Glad that you like it :)

Just a question in general the zakoplayer works for instance by itself? I mean one could use it with a vanilla .wad for instance and play vs. the usual enemy bunch? But yeah who would want that silly me *hehe*
Yes, the ZakoPlayer mod is a standalone mod. The Thirdperson view is also standalone (due to the way GZDoom handles the player sprites, it must be a "skin" wad).
You can mix & match monsters, firstperson and thirdperson mods as you like ;)

Top Bottom