Who wants to help me build a Zako themed DOOM mod? (1 Viewer)

horatiojones80

Content Creator
I've said in previous threads that my ultimate fantasy is to have a gender swapped Splinter Cell game (as in both the MC and the enemies are gender swapped) where all the enemies are BBWs. Well we all know that will never exist, so I might as well work toward something like that myself. I dug out my DOOM modding folder from my old laptop and decided to get working on it. Basically the plot is going to be that you play a female agent who has to take down a drug lord who has hired scantily clad BBW henchwomen. The first mission will take place in a drug lab, the second on a superyacht. I spent most of today working on it because I was bored and feeling crafty. Here's what I have so far.

Here's the playable wad so far. It's completely playable, just drag it on to GZDoom and you're good to go, but it's still in it's infancy. Right now it's just two enemy sprites complete with female death sounds, a silenced pistol and a female portriat. I'm mostly just pillaging assets from the Goldeneye DOOM 2 mod. I'm going to bring the silenced SMG in, make the hand more feminine, add some flavor text for the missions and if I can swing it, try to impliment some sort of body dragging script.

The thing that's slowing me down is my lack of photoshop skills. Removing backgrounds from images takes me forever. I'm using GIMP because I don't own photoshop. The fuzzy search tool never works for me so I'm doing it manually, maybe someone else is better at that stuff and would like to help me out? Also if you have any spritesheets/images of zako you would like in the game feel free to post them. Doom sprites just require 5 images of the character doing a full leftward rotation, then a death sequence of some sorts. I can handle formatting/scaling all that stuff, its just removing the backgrounds that's been a major PITA for me. I'll get these files on mega once I find my password

Femtrooper

Swell Supporter
If you have windows 10 you should try the automatic background remover in paint 3d (yes, I'm serious). It doesn't do as good a job as by hand but it's really fast, it might be good enough for low res stuff.

tcladykiller

Vivacious Visitor
Couldn't you have a background color that doesn't appear in the sprite and then use the color selector to remove the background quickly?

Weoooo

Master of this Domain
MZZ made an enemy replacement mod, so it's totally possible. Since he rendered every character, his process might not be useful to you.

There are all sorts of sprite tools out there. I'm... unsure of how they all work, but I know there's lots! Tools has a few that seem easy to use. I donno if they are or not, but they seem like it.

horatiojones80

Content Creator
Thanks. Made a ton of progress today. Level 1 is pretty much done. I changed the standard guard sprites to a much better photo set. Right now she falls in one way, but I will work on making her fall in different positions (most likely by just replacing different 'demons' with the same spriteset but a different ending) I didn't need to write my own body dragging script because someone already did it. I just added some flavor text :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005437.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005437.png
    973.4 KB · Views: 161
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005848.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005848.png
    921.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005258.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005258.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005354.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005354.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005408.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005408.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005432.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005432.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 172
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005456.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005456.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 176
  • Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005457.png
    Screenshot_Doom_20220602_005457.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 179

Alexandr

Club Regular
I've said in previous threads that my ultimate fantasy is to have a gender swapped Splinter Cell game (as in both the MC and the enemies are gender swapped) where all the enemies are BBWs. Well we all know that will never exist, so I might as well work toward something like that myself. I dug out my DOOM modding folder from my old laptop and decided to get working on it. Basically the plot is going to be that you play a female agent who has to take down a drug lord who has hired scantily clad BBW henchwomen. The first mission will take place in a drug lab, the second on a superyacht. I spent most of today working on it because I was bored and feeling crafty. Here's what I have so far.

Here's the playable wad so far. It's completely playable, just drag it on to GZDoom and you're good to go, but it's still in it's infancy. Right now it's just two enemy sprites complete with female death sounds, a silenced pistol and a female portriat. I'm mostly just pillaging assets from the Goldeneye DOOM 2 mod. I'm going to bring the silenced SMG in, make the hand more feminine, add some flavor text for the missions and if I can swing it, try to impliment some sort of body dragging script.

The thing that's slowing me down is my lack of photoshop skills. Removing backgrounds from images takes me forever. I'm using GIMP because I don't own photoshop. The fuzzy search tool never works for me so I'm doing it manually, maybe someone else is better at that stuff and would like to help me out? Also if you have any spritesheets/images of zako you would like in the game feel free to post them. Doom sprites just require 5 images of the character doing a full leftward rotation, then a death sequence of some sorts. I can handle formatting/scaling all that stuff, its just removing the backgrounds that's been a major PITA for me. I'll get these files on mega once I find my password

Hello do you have video?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.