Zako (8 Viewers)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I definitely prefer Nora and her palette swaps. It's probably a good thing they didn't make her playable, I would just have her be beaten into submission all the time.

edit: I don't suppose you know how to do that... ;)

nagato

Club Regular
md_bareknuckle2_manual_j(2)-1.jpg md_bareknuckle2_manual_j(2)-14.jpg
Here's Japanese Bare Knuckle 2 artwork for Electra.

BK3MANUAL3.jpg
Here's the Japanese Bare Knuckle 3 artwork for Garnet. Too bad its not a proper artwork and they got lazy and its only a rough sketch.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I definitely prefer Nora and her palette swaps. It's probably a good thing they didn't make her playable, I would just have her be beaten into submission all the time.

edit: I don't suppose you know how to do that... ;)

Playable characters are restricted to what the devs put in, unfortunately. I don't think it's possible. It'd be possible in OpenBOR, though. A game with a playable Nora? Man, I can only imagine.

As for anyone interested in a good look at the new Linda in Double Dragon Neon, here's a nice look at her:

Double-Dragon-ign-logo.jpg

Hoo baby...

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Playable characters are restricted to what the devs put in, unfortunately. I don't think it's possible. It'd be possible in OpenBOR, though. A game with a playable Nora? Man, I can only imagine.

How difficult would that be? Like, quite difficult? I'll have to have a go with this SORmaker as well... hm, where do most of the SOR modding community hang out? The bombergames forum? Is there anywhere else?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Hohoho, dan druff just told he want hotter Linda in my thread and then she got a new hot design in Neon. :meaw:
Looks like other than her favorite whip, she got some kick moves. Looks too slow now though.

Long time I don't have hype feeling for zako. Really want to see her actions in full game.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
In Streets of Rage Remake version 5 you can play as the unlockable character Elle, if I recall correctly. And she is somewhat similar to Electra and Nora. I downloaded a fully unlocked version of the game, with all the achievements and extras and such, but I forgot where exactly I found it...

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
How difficult would that be? Like, quite difficult? I'll have to have a go with this SORmaker as well... hm, where do most of the SOR modding community hang out? The bombergames forum? Is there anywhere else?

I can't make any sense out of OpenBOR and don't really have the patience to learn it, so I'm not sure how tough it would be. As for SoRMaker communities, that's probably your best bet. Like Kimblis mentioned, Electra is playable, but it would be even more amazing if Nora were playable.

IronE

Club Regular
Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback about the sprites I posted. I still haven't made any more progress on Vendetta. Here's a rip of an OpenBOR sprite edit of Blaze (from Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage). I like her pony tail, which reminds me of Linda from Double Dragon for Game Boy.

sprite_sheet copy.gif

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Thanks to everyone for the nice feedback about the sprites I posted. I still haven't made any more progress on Vendetta. Here's a rip of an OpenBOR sprite edit of Blaze (from Bare Knuckle/Streets of Rage). I like her pony tail, which reminds me of Linda from Double Dragon for Game Boy.

View attachment 13470

Blaze stuff is always good stuff. Such a hottie. Still prefer her hair down, though.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
In Streets of Rage Remake version 5 you can play as the unlockable character Elle, if I recall correctly. And she is somewhat similar to Electra and Nora. I downloaded a fully unlocked version of the game, with all the achievements and extras and such, but I forgot where exactly I found it...

You can, yes, but she is no Nora.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Okay, so I have *finally* played Streets Of Rage Remake V5 for the first time; 2D sprite zako heaven! I've played it on easy very briefly and then Mania up to the first boss on the remake of the 1st level from the 1st game. I had a small heart attack and went from 0 to 100% horny (no exaggeration) when the red Nora was revealed heel up from behind the garage doors. She looks incredible. What an amazing job they did on this game so far. Out she stepped, following with a sexy new jump attack. I love the animations, and the pause she does after landing and striking the player. On mania the game seems super hard and she literally destroyed me playing as Axl, with almost twice the health of the player and finding it hard to even get near to land hits thanks to her tactics with the whip. Then when I did manage this, she screamed and went prone. I assumed she would get back up after a few seconds but she stayed put for longer than exxpected, then harshly whipped Axl in the side. I can see me enjoying this game way too much. After finally defeating her, and a few of the generic blue enemies I reached the end of the stage. 2 or 3 red Nora's and a creamy-white clad whipper called 'Queen' - it's touches like this that show the game is well researched. As she scooted across the stage screen she smashed the telephone box standing in her way, making the whole screen shake. I read before playing they can even use items (food, etc) to recover health before you! Anyway, let's just say they were absolutely destroying me, jump striking and whipping from both sides and all at once. I had to call in the artillery. What an absolutely awesome set of zako just before the boss. The timing between each set of enemies was perfect, too.

Okay I'm done. I can't wait to play it more soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Yeah, they did a really nice job with Nora in the remake. I doubt they'd take the time to add her as a new playable character, though. They'd have to make a story for her, including endings, so it's probably more work than they'd be willing to put in. Still, one can dream. :P

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Really? Odd that they'd do that. Considering that there are currently not-so-hush-up plans for making a Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 HD NOT by SEGA, and they've not laid a finger on those.
I mean, this could be absolutely great news as it could mean SEGA's planning something big for SoR/BN soon.
Blaze Fielding in full 3D. :3

Well, SoR Remake was in development for 8 years or something like that and it was pretty well-known. It wasn't until a mere day or so after the game launched that SEGA ordered the cease and desist. So, for all SEGA cares, people can keep making those Sonic HD games, but once they come out, SEGA will pull the trigger. We can hope that SEGA will make a new SoR or a remake of sorts, but I doubt it. They haven't done anything with the franchise in many years.

Still, SoR Remake is still widely available right under SEGA's nose and they can never really stop it, so I'm grateful we at least have it at all.

ZakoMe

Avid Affiliate
So many interesting thoughts and contributions on here lately that I dont know where to reply.

Instead, I'll just post some old spritesheets that I dug out of an old hard drive. It was crazy to see that some of these the last modified date was in the 1990's!
From left to right the games/characters
i) Carol/Brenda - Captain Commando - arcade - best emulated in WinKawaks (also mame) - First appears in lvl2
ii) Luna - The Punisher - arcade - best emulated in WinKawaks (also mame) - First appears in lvl2
iii) Nameless hookers - Renegade - arcade - best emulated in Mame - Only appear in lvl3
iv) Fox - Undercover Cops - arcade - MAME - First appears in lvl 2/3?
v) Nameless dominatrix - Vendetta (aka Crime Fighters 2)- arcade - best emulated in Mame - First appears in lvl2

CaptainCommando_CarolBrenda_spritesheet.png Punisher_Luna_ss.png Renegade(Arcade)_Zako_ss.png UndercoverCops_Fox_spritesheet.png Vendetta_dominatrix_ss.png

You'll probably recognize most of them, one that might be unfamiliar is Fox from Undercover Cops. I never saw this game in the arcades, only found it later on via mame. She's an odd one - there's nothing special about her moves, just a flying kick and a kind of scorpion kick attack. She also seems to be from the ministry of silly walks - her only way to move is by hopping around on one leg. But I just can't help but find her strangely attractive. She just has a skanky kind of sex appeal to me. Fighting in boots, panties and a torn t-shirt, she has a spankable kind of ass and strikes so many undignified poses as you beat on her - legs spread as she's knocked down, top flipping up when punched (a la Poison). In fact it's probably the way she seems to be inspired by Poison's character design that makes her interesting to me. (I should fess up that this was the only spritesheet I didnt make myself - I'd nearly made my own sheet but was having trouble cleaning off the dustcloud effect from the knockdown frames when I saw this finished one on that japanese zako board, i thought it was really well made, esp the arrest photo but I dont know who to credit for it.)

Another one worth a mention is the zako from Renegade - there was a little discussion on this game on the zako images thread, where Dan Druff had posted some screens - I think the enemies here are some of the very first examples of zako (the game's from 1986). I liked the chain wielding blonde a little bit, so I'd created a little sprite edit of her that's on the sheet. One of the great things about Renegade is that because each of its levels has a unique gang type, it's one of the few games to have an entire level dedicated to zako. Are there any other games with this kind of zako only stage?

I also took inspiration from NNin and have created a mediafire account where I have all these sheets. I'll continue to add other stuff here as well as posting on this board.
My repository of all things zako

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Oh good God, the first two would make such excellent MUGEN characters... simply for kicking the snot out of, not necessarily to play as them.

Where can I get those games so I can pound the tar out of them? Mostly the first one. lol.

ZakoMe

Avid Affiliate
Oh good God, the first two would make such excellent MUGEN characters... simply for kicking the snot out of, not necessarily to play as them.

Where can I get those games so I can pound the tar out of them? Mostly the first one. lol.
I updated my post with a some more info on each character, game, platform etc. The first one is Carol from Capcom's Captain Commando - I posted a few pictures and a manga featuring her a few pages back. The game runs on Capcom's CPS1 platform (same as Final Fight & Street Fighter 2) so IMO its best emulated in Kawaks.

Summarizing which level the zako appear in gave me a thought -you notice how rarely you see zako in level 1 of an arcade game - am I reading too much into it or was this a deliberate ploy to munch more coins out of perverted adolescents who just want to look at the sexy ladies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.