Zako (3 Viewers)

IronE

Club Regular
BTW, IronE, I'm loving your sprite rips of the female baddie from Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2. Have you made much progress on this? Have you ever tried doing custom sprites?
Thanks! I have not done custom sprites. I do occasionally "clean up" some bad sprites when I come across them. Here's a few more. Sorry some of them are not cropped... I formatted my hard drive lately and have not yet reinstalled Photoshop.

vendetta-2-downed-1.gif vendetta-2-whacked-2.gif vendetta-2-whacked-1.gif vendetta-2-walk.gif vendetta-2-stampout.gif vendetta-2-roped.gif vendetta-2-rise-2.gif vendetta-2-rise-1.gif vendetta-2-restrained-2.gif vendetta-2-restrained-1.gif vendetta-2-knee-hawk.gif vendetta-2-kneed.gif vendetta-2-knee-boomer.gif vendetta-2-knee-blood.gif vendetta-2-headlock.gif vendetta-2-grabbed-and-punc.gif vendetta-2-exploded.gif vendetta-2-downed-2.gif vendetta-2-whacked-2-orig.gif

Double dragon's getting a reboot, called double dragon neon. Looks promising.
Linda is hot. Whoa. This looks more promising than Double Dragon: Wander of the Dragons or whatever it's called.

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
About Soozie; she is a favourite of mine also; and all your points are highly relatable too. Whether a lot of these zako deserve their fate is up for interpretation and debate, perhaps? ;] anyway I always enjoy the different colours she comes in, very sexy. You probably know this, but interestingly; in the western release of SOR3 one of her idle animations is the fist-punching she does. Which is kind of ironic seeing as she slaps (which I find totally hot) exclusively. In the Japanese release she will toss her hair instead of this (same when approached in the dance hall, pretty cute). I assume this was removed for various reasons, as she was covered up a bit too. Not sure if any other animations are different but I thought I'd flag this all up. About soozie being underpowered, I can't remember if her tasty ultra-slap combo can be broken with a special. Maybe it would drain a lot of the health bar on hardest difficulty? I always appreciated the way she held her hand up after slapping before jumping off, like a cocky little slut.

About Linda looking hot, she indeed does - and I'm excited about that remake already; but there was a planned remake of Double Dragon 2 (a game I don't know as well, alas). Anyway, the zako looked incredibly promising in that one - with pink hair and dressed in a highly-sexualised police uniform. Very provocative; ticks my boxes at least. There's a concept piece of her and another asian-looking zako on the video who looks tasty, too. Also some footage of her and the other zako. They get a few knockdowns but unfortunately the footage isn't great. The game looks rather poor apart from these tasty zakos, which unfortunately might not surface as the game appears to be on hold.

Last edited by a moderator:

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Double dragon's getting a reboot, called double dragon neon. Looks promising.

Hot DAMN. Linda does look smoking. While this is unlikely, I hope that Marian is an unlockable character. That screen is obviously the iconic "belly punch" from the original (and it looks good), but I'd be beside myself if she were playable.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
IronE,

Wow! Those sprite rips are looking fantastic. I had forgotten what a hot zako that dominatrix was, whether she's winning or losing. I love how she sort of wiggles a bit when she's lying on the ground. Actually, all of her movements are quite awesome. Do you intend to continue ripping more sprites of her? It would be cool to have a full set, especially if she could be inserted into a custom game of some sort.

Dynamite Fetish, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was smitten by Soozie; she really is one of my favorite zakos of all time. There's just something about that punkish, cocky style and attitude, along with the fact that she is treated just as harshly as any of the male enemies in the game, beaten by the heroes and left lying in the streets.

That brings up an interesting question: do the posters here tend to prefer the heroes beating up the female baddie, or vice versa? I strongly prefer it when the good guys win decisively over the zako (who of course deserves her fate for being "bad"), but I know many others prefer the opposite.

Lastly, there is a website that might be of interest to those with the zako fetish. It is a Japanese image board dedicated to zako women from games, movies, comics, tv, and other media. Navigation is a bit clunky, and a decent translator is essential, but there is a huge amount of material here:
??????????????????

Best,
- Kimblis

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
I like the zako in control - totally sexy; but I also find the points you raised very appealing too. Anyone else notice that the Linda in the DD remake is wearing leg warmers? I love how 80s/early 90s she looks and of the time. Much like other zako; and I would really like to see the zakos from the unreleased DD2 remake released in the future!

Yep, that image board has been mentioned here. It's a little confusing at first but worth the effort. I'd love to discuss zako from other media (including film and tv) but that would probably need it's own thread?

NNin

Ryonani Teamster
Zako from TV and film are rare. Most of evil girls there fall into "villainess" rather than zako.
The good zako from TV that I can think now are Kreeya's amazons from Mortal Kombat Conquest Episode 16.
The short-hair one at the right is my favorite!

MKC zako (1).jpg MKC zako (2).jpg

By the way, the new Double Dragons game's art is done by Genzoman? Great! I like his art since playing Castle Age on facebook.
GENZOMAN on deviantART

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
Really interesting point you just raised NNin. When does a zako become a villainess? I consider, for example - some hench women from films almost as on par with zako; some bond films and others. Not all, but some. Thinking of one of my favourites - Naiomi from The Spy Who Loved me; incredibly attractive woman and Bond's first female kill. Personally, I wish she hadn't died in the scene she did. or at least I think it could have been filmed more graphically, somehow. It is a great part of film, and it's clear she is getting gratification from the chase and thinking she is in total control. It is worth noting however that Roger Moore felt some of his roles in the films were too violent from what I have heard in interviews. I've also come across quite a few straight-to-video type American yarns with good female villains who show a lot of enjoyment in their role, either way. Some of which have very limited remorse shown by other gang members upon their fate.

If you aren't familiar with Naomi, here is her bio from Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_James_Bond_henchmen_in_The_Spy_Who_Loved_Me#Naomi

So when does a zako become a villainess? When she is idolised (ala Poison fandom?) or the focus of attention with an independent role or bio? Does a zako have to be a recurring character like in most side-scrollers? (Poison in Final Fight). Maybe I'm over-thinking this, and all bad women in these games and movies are to be enjoyed as they are.

nonniemouse

Casual Client
I thought that art style looked familiar. Genzoman's work is diownright gorgeous.

There's quite a double standard in media when it comes to gender and violence in entertainment media. I think realizing that and looking for content that bucks the trend is what got me started on this whole ryona business. I think that's also why my tastes lean toward more graphic content too.

I actually like seeing the struggle for control between hero and zako; I'm not as big of a fan of one sided encounters. As an extension of that, I like seeing a variety in who comes out on top in the end ^^

uraent

Vivacious Visitor
There so many team heros/heroines TV program in Japan,
and American hero/heroines are almost alone.

And heros/heroins in team are , I think, "zako-nized" heros/heroins.

Do not you think so ?

DynamiteFetish

Ryonani Teamster
I thought that art style looked familiar. Genzoman's work is diownright gorgeous.

There's quite a double standard in media when it comes to gender and violence in entertainment media. I think realizing that and looking for content that bucks the trend is what got me started on this whole ryona business. I think that's also why my tastes lean toward more graphic content too.

I actually like seeing the struggle for control between hero and zako; I'm not as big of a fan of one sided encounters. As an extension of that, I like seeing a variety in who comes out on top in the end ^^

Yep; the taboo makes zako even sexier! It's all part of the appeal. Highly agree with the struggle - definitely important in other media. One thing I especially like about Die Hard Arcade/Dynamite Deka is the zakos can easily get the upper hand (health draining combos, erraticly unpredictable and high damaging attacks generally. Revenge is sweet in that game, especially as they mock you.

--

Very nice share nagato, will definitely check that one out

HyperZealot thanks for the link! It sure does look like quite a good game. I'm not sure the zako content is going to be as satisfying as it could have been perhaps, but I'll definitely be making a purchase also. Anything that makes people take notice of these women is good too... I was perhaps hoping the game would be a bit gritter.

That's a good point uraent; interesting how these things tend to be different.

IronE

Club Regular
nagato, I forgot I did that game. I have horrible memories about cleaning up that fence in the background of some of your images.
silent-dragon.jpg

I'm not sure why this board is "optimizing" it to JPEG and increasing the file size in the process. Oh well.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
nagato, I forgot I did that game. I have horrible memories about cleaning up that fence in the background of some of your images.
View attachment 13346

I'm not sure why this board is "optimizing" it to JPEG and increasing the file size in the process. Oh well.

HOT. Seriously, I think I need to play some Silent Dragon now. I wish she would lie down on her back, though. Lying on her stomach conceals too much.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Wow, thanks nagato for bringing up that zako from Silent Dragon, and thanks IronE for converting that into a usable sprite sheet.
She is another zako that is very high on my list, with a cocky, tough attitude even though she is completely outmatched by the good guys and gets pulverized when she tries to fight them. I love the expression she has on her face when she is stunned or punched in the stomach. And HyperZealot, I think she looks fine when she is lying on her stomach with her face in the dirt, but I agree it would be better if there were also a sprite of her lying on her back. I also like the sprite of her being carried around by the hero, as she seems to go from being tough and cocky to weak and vulnerable in an instant.
For those who like the zako dominating, as I recall she can be pretty fast with that whip, and I think she keeps striking the hero character with it multiple times while he is stunned.

Kimblis

Ryonani Teamster
Mystic Warriors Zako

Not many people seem to know of the game Mystic Warriors. It is very similar to Sunset Riders in its gameplay, and was in fact made by the same company. It is, however, equal and perhaps even superior in many ways to Sunset Riders, with a fast pace, great music and sound, and a ninja theme.
Here the game gives credit to its predecessor:
0003.png 0004.png

There is also a zako in Mystic Warriors that behaves in the same way as the sexy cowgirl zako from Sunset Riders: she throws bombs and then tries to run away. As in Sunset Riders, you can throw the bombs back at her, and she will try to throw them back. Here three of these zakos try to throw bombs at the hero; he picks one up and throws it back:
0005.png 0009.png 0010.png

One zako tries to run towards the bomb to throw it back at the hero, but she is too late and the bomb explodes. However, the explosion sends more than just the zako flying:
0012.png 0013.png 0014.png 0015.png 0018.png

So these zako lose most of their clothes if they are dispatched by a bomb. Alternatively, you can chase them down and use the sword, in which case they fall facedown and show off a very nice rear in the process:
0027.png 0029.png 0034.png

These zako also make some very cute sounds, both when throwing the bombs and when defeated. All in all, I really like this zako. What do you think?
Best,
-Kimblis

P.S. - I'm sorry to those who like to see the zako winning, but her only form of attack is to throw the bomb. Besides that, she just runs away. :(

nagato

Club Regular
IronE IronE thanks for cleaning the BG,didnt have time to do it. I didnt think about optimizing it because I didn't have time. There are few parts I didn't bother to include (appeared to be cut from the game) because I have to put them together (takes too much time)

HyperZealot HyperZealot Facing down is kinda weak, while overall design is good and lots of moves, but not as good as Dungeon Magic.

here some 2D games with some zakos,

Ikki Tousen - Eloquent Fist :

Tale of Destiny 2 (JPN PS2, cant embed)
[video]http://www.nicozon.net/watch/sm4431272[/video]

Hachoo: You can toss a zako towards the screen

Attachments

• ha08_anim.gif
    ha08_anim.gif
    193.5 KB · Views: 287

nagato

Club Regular
K Kimblis you're welcome, Indeed Mystic Warrior plays like Sunset Riders but its a bonus if you stripped them up lol.

Another game, Guilty Gear Izuka GG boost. The female zako wolverine wannabee.

You can check out the site for the sprite (under zako, the colors is a bit messed up, but usable for openbor) GuiltyGear.Ru project / Sprites

From PS3 or Xbox360 only Condemned 2, they are really hot in twisted way. just skip to 4:40

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.