Your favourite game with Guro elements (1 Viewer)

Shiroyama

Potential Patron
I'm not entirely sure if this has been asked, but here goes.

What's your favourite game with Guro elements in it?
I think if we share what are our favourites, it might lead us to some hidden gem we wouldn't have bothered to look at.

For me it'd have to be Samurai Warriors 2. Once a female enemy officer was defeated a cutscene would play, where they would clutch their shoulder, fall to their knees and reach out with their other hand.

I think it's the reaching out as if they're pleading for help that I find particularly enticing.

Anyways, I'll leave it at that.

mudball2

Potential Patron
Not sure about Samurai Warriors, but Resident Evil 6 and some of the previous had some great guro moments. An intentionally Guro game Demonophobia also was really good for some of the animations portrayed. :)

eyeteeth

Ryonani Teamster
very tough question! there are a lot of REALLY good ones, i have enjoyed a lot of the brutalities and fatalities in MKX for instance. also, for screams, NOTHING beats the old game FAKK2 when Julie gets eaten by the plants. man she has some amazing lungs.

overall i think my favorite game with guro elements (not intentionally guro, just happens to have gory stuff) is probably Golden Axe Beast Rider. it is not very imaginative or amazing in terms of gore, but what i really like about it is that it just HAPPENS right out of the blue. Tyris is fighting some guys and her health is low, and then BLAM they knock her head right off, or cut her in half. i like how sudden and sort of unexpected it is.

the closest other game for this was my heavily modded version of Fallout 3. i used the GECK to give enemy snipers the ability to automatically explode your head if you got shot. that made for some surprising deaths at times!

SquigglySwag

Avid Affiliate
I'd say Fallout 3 (and new vegas) is probably my favorite game with "guro elements", even though the actual visual quality or delivery of the gore that's in it is not as good as some other games.In 2008 it sort of made me realize that I was into that stuff in the first place. Killing female raiders and then flopping their bodies around, popping off limbs and getting them all bloody. It was weird that their armor was more revealing than their underpants. When I finally got it on PC, got some nice nude and beauty mods and enhanced blood textures... good times were had. It helps that the game is just fun to play, too, and the gore is just an extra bonus. Sometimes I'll play games that aren't actually fun for me so I can get to the ryona parts. But fallout had both.

I've gotten bored of the VATS kills and the gore system by now, after hundreds of hours, but it's still fun and I'll remember it fondly for what it introduced me to.

Just yesterday I finally figured out how to make a mod using the GECK to make the torsos explodable without having the fun-sucking monotonous Bloody Mess perk. All these years and I hardly ever saw the torso gore, so that is a fun extra wrinkle. (Replaying New Vegas because Fallout 4 hype)

I also want to try the Afro Samurai 360 game I bought, with the cool-looking dynamically-sliceable sexy ladies, but that's a case of working through a not-fun game to get to the guro.
i saw some footage of Beast Rider a while ago. Doesn't it have female zako, too? Can you kill them in gory ways, or is it only your own character?

Can't wait for Fallout 4. I'm hoping it'll be my newest guro fascination, with an improved gore system and of course better graphics allowing for more beautiful ladies destroyable in more gruesome ways.

Shiroyama

Potential Patron
Good games all round I see.

For me, the slower the character passes away the better. I think it's the sense that they're struggling in vain to stay alive is another factor in why I like what I like.

Another game I've been playing is Deception IV: Nightmare Princess. Pretty basic game mechanics. Defeat enemies in a variety of different ways. It has good death elements, though nothing graphic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.