Willing Cousin (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter gogoBroed
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
G

gogoBroed

This is a piece of dialogue that portrays some lighthearted fun between two cousins, with the "player character" being a bit hesitant about the whole ordeal.

It has been collecting some virtual dust (since long before the dialogue editor came out), and I decided to try to add some of the newer functionality into this. I did want to make it a bit more dynamic with according to different moods and such, but I found myself quite tired with trying to edit this one; so will probably make a new set of dialogue for that.
There are some "events" that can happen, which for example triggers a mood change. So for it to work properly, you should initially use these settings:

style - normal
mood - happy
her arms - on legs
his arms - free

I also discourage use of any automatic modes.

(I also might have used the word 'cousin' a bit too liberally in it; but I hope it won't feel too much like dialogue from GTA4. :P)

Attachments

Cousin_Willing.txt
12.4 KB · Views: 6,680

rubix

Potential Patron
I like the playing with dialogue logic to create actual dialogue, rather than two people talking at each other. Need to start using that myself.

CaveCarson

Potential Patron
Pretty well done dialogue! I don't have any cousins near my own age, so the idea of it just reminds me of Arrested Development.

danx12

Potential Patron
Very good work. I was going to write my own but I'm bad at making story's lol. I get Writer's block all the time.

C

Cajon

Raekwon said:
I'm having problems getting this dialogue to work. Any suggestions?
Raek

I too had trouble until I paid attention to the suggested settings (style - normal, mood - happy, her arms - on legs, his arm - free) then it worked.

petepan

Potential Patron
The only thing I don’t like is people speaking of themselves in the third person. 😅 There are some circumstances where it’s fine, e.g. in thoughts like “Come on, Pete, get your act together,” i.e. when you’re talking to yourself.
The instances of this nonsense are easily found and replaced by “I”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.