Who wants a Vanguard Princess Nude Mod? (1 Viewer)

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
I could make one, but it would require a fair bit of busy work, so let me know if you would like this to become a reality. I'm planning on making all of the characters nopan, including in their special move cutscenes:

Before:
0389.png

After:
_0389.png

I know, her pasties are already over-the-top, but why not go all the way? :3 Also, this is just a proof of concept so I'll probably change it later. I was just messing around with it and seeing how I could make her naughty bits look. XD

So what I really want to know is if this is worth it, and how many people actually want it. If you would like to help out I'd love to collaborate. In that case I'd draw everything, then tell you exactly how to do everything and then share the repetitive tasks with you. But if no one really wants this and I'm left by myself to do it I'll just pass on it and work on something else. Feel free to let me know what you think! ^^

stuntcock

Content Creator
If you would like to help out I'd love to collaborate.
I can't really help you with the primary tasks (because fighting games aren't my thing). But ... you'll presumably need to go through all of the animations frame-by-frame, which means that you may be able to find some good side-view images of the hairstyle. If so, then I can attempt to re-create it as a mod for the Super Deepthroat game. I'd need your feedback to balance the animation parameters, so that it conveys the appropriate amount of "bouncy energy" without being too unrealistic.

I recognize that this isn't the type of collaboration that you were hoping for. Please feel free to ignore this reply if you'd prefer to wait for a few volunteers on the actual sprite-modding tasks.

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
I can't really help you with the primary tasks (because fighting games aren't my thing). But ... you'll presumably need to go through all of the animations frame-by-frame, which means that you may be able to find some good side-view images of the hairstyle. If so, then I can attempt to re-create it as a mod for the Super Deepthroat game. I'd need your feedback to balance the animation parameters, so that it conveys the appropriate amount of "bouncy energy" without being too unrealistic.

I recognize that this isn't the type of collaboration that you were hoping for. Please feel free to ignore this reply if you'd prefer to wait for a few volunteers on the actual sprite-modding tasks.

It's all good! I love making interesting stuff like that and collaborating just in general. It would actually be very easy for me to give you a whole bunch of profile view sprites of all the characters, actually. For example:
0008.png
0579.png
0285.png
0127.png
0622.png
0665.png
0265.png

As you might be able to see, her hair maintains relatively the same shape, but seems to sway towards the end while in motion. The standing idle and kneeling animations are the only ones not in motion. Also, something like Yui's hair might be much easier unless physics is involved, maybe:
0008 (2).png
0031.png

So yeah. I'm game. Let me know what you would like to do and I'll give you all the images I can find. Like, do you just want to do Luna? And if so, is this enough for you already?

And one more thing. Do you know any modding communities where I could find random people to would be willing and allowed to collaborate with me in making the nude mod? Thanks.

Attachments

• 0581.png
    0581.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 259

stuntcock

Content Creator
Also, something like Yui's hair might be much easier unless physics is involved, maybe:
There is a physics system involved. Let's start with Luna's hair and we'll see whether the results are good enough to warrant applying the same approach to additional characters.

Like, do you just want to do Luna? And if so, is this enough for you already?
For the moment: yes and yes.

And one more thing. Do you know any modding communities where I could find random people to would be willing and allowed to collaborate with me in making the nude mod? Thanks.
Undertow forum members may be willing to assist with general modding projects. I understand that it's frustrating to make a generous proposal and then receive an underwhelming response (or just silence) from your peers. Forum communities tend to be dominated by "consumers" -- people who share and download completed works (movies, mods, imagepacks, etc). Only a small minority will actually take the leap to create something. This is true of most of the adult-game forums that I've seen (hongfire, ULMF, etc) so I can't offer any specific recommendations.

If you can find a forum which specializes in moddable fighting games (such as M.U.G.E.N.) then you may find people with more inclination and experience in sprite editing. Unfortunately, those forums may have more of a "general audience" policy; they may frown on nude modding.

----------​

I'd advise you to explain a bit more about the project, so that readers can get an idea of the kind of work involved:
  • what are the prerequisites?
    • would your collaborators need to own the game on Steam?
    • or would you be able to send them a large set of game sprites (for them to edit and then send back)?
  • which tool(s) would be used for sprite manipulation?
  • which tools or processes would be used to splice the edited sprites into the existing animations?
  • how would the mod be tested?
    • the game appears to be fairly fast-paced
    • is there a "slow motion" cheat available, which would help users to check the nude stuff frame-by-frame?
  • how would the finished mod be packaged and distributed?

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
Its all good. I wasn't expecting anything to come out of this, really. Just the fact that I was able to help you get the sprites you needed was enough for me. I appreciate your enthusiasm. Also, I wouldn't mind working on something a little more productive anyways, so no hard feelings. ^^

Just for the sake of completion, I'll answer all the questions:
  • You don't need to own the game.
  • I can supply all the resources and tools required. No real modding experience is required as long as you can follow instructions, but it could help.
  • We would use Figher Maker Ripper to get the sprites out, I'll work some magic to make said sprites nude, Hex Workshop to hex edit the original files so they can be opened in Fighter Maker 2nd (Don't worry, I can quickly do this for you no problem), and of course Fighter Maker 2nd to pack our nude sprites and create the new files that can replace the originals. The format that the game is in is simple: each character has its own file which contains all sprites, actions, stats, sounds, etc. for that character.
  • You can actually click and hold the window bar of the game and the game freezes, so you can use that technique to check frame-by-frame while playing normally.
  • I'll do the usual and put it in a zip folder when it's done with instructions, then upload it here. The modded files will overwrite some of the originals.
As for the kind of work:
  • Someone could look at all the frames of each character, then give me the frame numbers that require me to nude mod. For example, any sprite that has upskirt with her panties showing. I'd be able to nude mod that so I'd need the sprite number for quick reference.
  • If I add new colors to any of the sprites, like I did for Luna's pink vagina, we would need to do some color replacement in the palettes. I plan on just using skin color for most of the characters though.
  • Here's the main part: In Fighter Maker 2nd, we would have to look at each frame of each animation and replace any frames that were nude modded with the nude versions individually. Since the ripped frames are numbered incorrectly and often disorganized, this also requires you to match the original frame with the correct nude modded frame. So maybe one person could make a list showing which frames in which animations have panties showing in the originals, and then someone else could match those frames with the nude versions and replace them. It's a pain but I haven't seen a faster way to do it as of yet.

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
Undertow forum members may be willing to assist with general modding projects. I understand that it's frustrating to make a generous proposal and then receive an underwhelming response (or just silence) from your peers. Forum communities tend to be dominated by "consumers" -- people who share and download completed works (movies, mods, imagepacks, etc). Only a small minority will actually take the leap to create something. This is true of most of the adult-game forums that I've seen (hongfire, ULMF, etc) so I can't offer any specific recommendations.

Forgot to quote you XD You can check the last post if you'd like.

RiOT

Content Creator
So what I really want to know is if this is worth it, and how many people actually want it. If you would like to help out I'd love to collaborate. In that case I'd draw everything, then tell you exactly how to do everything and then share the repetitive tasks with you. But if no one really wants this and I'm left by myself to do it I'll just pass on it and work on something else. Feel free to let me know what you think! ^^
Well damn, this was posted kind of a while ago, but I'd be interested in helping out. I've got a bit of MUGEN and sprite editing experience, and have a passion for 2D fighters. I have photoshop and I'm dangerous with it! So, hopefully I can make the repetitive tasks a bit easier. Hopefully you're still around! I'll keep checking back.

Edit: Also, if I may ask, how good is Fighter Maker? I haven't used it before, but if the workflow is more simplistic than MUGEN, I may want to work on a project or two of my own as well. :3

Last edited:

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
Well damn, this was posted kind of a while ago, but I'd be interested in helping out. I've got a bit of MUGEN and sprite editing experience, and have a passion for 2D fighters. I have photoshop and I'm dangerous with it! So, hopefully I can make the repetitive tasks a bit easier. Hopefully you're still around! I'll keep checking back.
Oh, hey there. I'm kinda surprised that you're interested. It hasn't been too too long but I am a bit busier than I was when I posted this so it might be difficult for me to get back into. But I'll see what I can do and keep you updated! Feel free to let me know what you think.

If you absolutely would like to get started, you could give me the numbers of all the upskirt frames (anything showing panties) for Luna (and any other characters that are in the folder. in one case, there's a character that doesnt wear any panties but I need to add her lady bits regardless since they arent there.). Only do the frames of the normal pallet in the top folder, not the other ones in the other folders within: (Dropbox). I started with hers since her upskirt frames are very obvious and there aren't too many that need to be nude modded. Also, there's some characters that either have panties showing all the time, or are wearing tights (such as Yui above), which would require me to mod a bajillion frames. So a second artist would help out a lot if we were to go all the way with this.

Edit: Also, if I may ask, how good is Fighter Maker? I haven't used it before, but if the workflow is more simplistic than MUGEN, I may want to work on a project or two of my own as well. :3
Fighter Maker (download) is pretty old, but it does seem like it organizes things nicely. Its also free. It allows you to put events inside of the actual animation frames, frame by frame, including the hit boxes and stuff like that, all in one system. And you can easilly add and remove characters. But I'm not very familiar with the program myself and it seems like you really need to beat around the bush in order to get it to do anything complicated, so i dont know how it compairs with Mugen.

And one last thing! I really like your art. Drawing is pretty much my main thing, so its nice to see other artist floating about. I wish you good luck!

RiOT

Content Creator
And one last thing! I really like your art. Drawing is pretty much my main thing, so its nice to see other artist floating about. I wish you good luck!
Heya! I'm sorta busy atm too, but I still have free time to spend. If you would rather do something else though, I can always help with that instead.

As far as Fighter Maker/MUGEN goes, I've always wanted to make an original fighter, kind of like a passion project. The coding for MUGEN is painstakingly tedious, though. On top of that, I would need to make all the sprites. It's a tad too much, lol. I was hoping there is something out there now that was a bit more streamlined than mugen. Fighter Maker could very well be, since with mugen, I had to use about 3 or so different command-line programs when it came to inserting a single sprite and assigning attributes to it.

I was hoping that you were an artist too, since you were going to handle all the sprite edits. I couldn't find your art before, but I was finally able to see some of your work on your blog. I'm really impressed!

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
Heya! I'm sorta busy atm too, but I still have free time to spend. If you would rather do something else though, I can always help with that instead.
This is incredible... In the past week I've actually had several people say they wanted to help me make a game, including you. Like, just out of nowhere. I'm actually dabbling around with a 2.5d metroidvaniaesque side-scrolling beat-em-up with 1v1 fighting game mechanics except against multiple opponents. If you've played Melty Blood 2v2, or tornado matches in certain fighting games, it would be kinda like that, except in a prebuilt world and better :3. And I'm planning on making both a sfw version and a hentai version. So if you've played any side-scrolling hentai games like Kurovadis you might know what I'm talking about. Except the sex scenes and lust mechanics would actually be part of the gameplay, rather than having to lose and see the game over screen and start from your last save every time you want to get some action. I could go on for ages about it, but I just want you to know that I'm really really passionate about it and I would love as much help as I can get! Because I'm totally going to need it XD. Feel free to let me know if you're interested and I'll give you some info on it and see what happens.
As far as Fighter Maker/MUGEN goes, I've always wanted to make an original fighter, kind of like a passion project. The coding for MUGEN is painstakingly tedious, though. On top of that, I would need to make all the sprites. It's a tad too much, lol. I was hoping there is something out there now that was a bit more streamlined than mugen. Fighter Maker could very well be, since with mugen, I had to use about 3 or so different command-line programs when it came to inserting a single sprite and assigning attributes to it.
Hmm... I have a bit of experience using things like Game Maker, and I'm positive there's much better ways to make fighting games than to do what it sounds like you're doing with Mugen. I actually made a basis for a brawler game with Game Maker 8 (Game Maker Studio severely limits you so I never used it), though in order to be precise with it you do need to fiddle around a lot with it and use it's programming language. If you own Vanguard Princess, it should give you a good idea of what Fighter Maker 2nd is capable of. There's also a 3d version called Fighter Maker 2, but I dont know if that's free as well. The engine Vanguard Princess does seem a bit dated and spartan. It can't fullscreen unless you alt enter, and it doesnt really have an options menu. And it has to lower your screen resolution to fullscreen, and pausing can have wierd affects like things play out even when they arent supposed to. But those are just little nit-picky things. Vanguard Princess is actually not too shabby.
I was hoping that you were an artist too, since you were going to handle all the sprite edits. I couldn't find your art before, but I was finally able to see some of your work on your blog. I'm really impressed!
Thank you so much RiOT! I really appreciate it.

RiOT

Content Creator
If you own Vanguard Princess, it should give you a good idea of what Fighter Maker 2nd is capable of. There's also a 3d version called Fighter Maker 2, but I dont know if that's free as well. The engine Vanguard Princess does seem a bit dated and spartan. It can't fullscreen unless you alt enter, and it doesnt really have an options menu. And it has to lower your screen resolution to fullscreen, and pausing can have wierd affects like things play out even when they arent supposed to. But those are just little nit-picky things. Vanguard Princess is actually not too shabby.
Oh wow, I had no idea Vanguard Princess was done in Fighter Maker! That's pretty amazing. I've gotta give it a try, for sure. The 3D Fighter Maker sounds pretty interesting too, I'll have to look into it.

Your side-scroller sounds awesome! I love beat 'em ups when they're done right. When it comes to collaboration, what kind of stuff can we do to help out? Do you know what engine you're planning on using already? In any case, I'm very interested!

Apocoh

Swell Supporter
Oh wow, I had no idea Vanguard Princess was done in Fighter Maker! That's pretty amazing. I've gotta give it a try, for sure. The 3D Fighter Maker sounds pretty interesting too, I'll have to look into it.
Yup, Fighter Maker 2nd's got potential apparently.

As for my game, I'm going to be making it in Unity and C++ but I'm open to using something else if it turns out to be better, and I've already made a character model in Blender and a few animations. I also have a series of test that I made in unity a while ago and it all seems to be working. It's all very time consuming and there's a lot of skills and cross skills to learn for making a 3d game like this. But I've learned a lot. I am by no means a professional though XD. I'd explain it all here but I dont know if the mods would want that since its not related to the thread, so I'll just message you about it. I might just make a new thread in the game development section for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.