Weed for sleep (1 Viewer)

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Any marijuana users here ever use it as sleep aide? Melatonin has lost its effectiveness over the last year and even taking 20mg a couple hours before when I want to sleep does nothing noticeable.

Mostly curious if you find it effective and how you'd compare it to prescription sleep aides. My general pattern is to find several drugs for a specific need and rotate them to help with dependence/tolerance issues.

Open to alternatives as well. I've never had problems staying asleep, mostly just an issue of not feeling any desire to sleep until some ungodly hours of the morning.

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
No experience with drugs here, but I do find that if you're trying to keep a fixed sleep schedule, one of the biggest things you can do is NEVER EVER EVER eat food during the time that your schedule should have you sleeping. Your stomach is a very strong internal clock, and if it thinks "meal time", your ass is gonna be awake.

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
No experience with drugs here, but I do find that if you're trying to keep a fixed sleep schedule, one of the biggest things you can do is NEVER EVER EVER eat food during the time that your schedule should have you sleeping. Your stomach is a very strong internal clock, and if it thinks "meal time", your ass is gonna be awake.

I second this. Definitely not a problem I had when I was younger, but recently I haven't been able to get away with late night snacking. It usually leads to this horrible state of "not quite awake/not quite asleep"...so good advice here.

Sausage&Eggs

Club Regular
First of all make sure you know what you're getting. There are different types and it is near impossible to tell what it is unless you test it. Even when buying from the same seller it can sometimes be different. Make sure you get the stuff that brings you down and not the stuff hallucination ones. It is mostly a chemical difference but it changes the experience a lot.

Didn't use it for sleep. Used it for pain which did help me fall asleep I guess. I think for consideration it should be a pretty desparate situation where nothing else seems to work. Even if it works for you it might not be good for a longer term.

My own sleep problems are not so strong. My issue is falling asleep. Sometimes I am tired but just unsettled. I took up medidation and learn to stop staring at screens 1hr before sleep. If I still fail I try other things such as sleeping in different room or sleeping sitting up on the bed. Sometimes I use headphones and play music to drown out all other background noise. Some people tell me that jerking one off helps, this doesn't seem to work for me. It makes me tired but i still have the problem of sleeping. If I exhaust all my methods or it becomes too much then I turn to medication. Rare for me tho

Steve15

Vivacious Visitor
I've used it to sleep before, but it's not something I'd recommend too often. I got the idea from a friend who used it regularly for that, and she found it difficult to sleep without it after awhile.

I enjoy weed, and I stand by it isn't addictive, but it IS habit-forming, and needing it to sleep isn't a habit you're going to want to risk developing.

RoaringRhema

Potential Patron
I used a legal high to help me sleep, called Kronic. It messed me up, some time ago but even now I feel the affects, for months after I stopped I just could not sleep without being high. Please don't rely on drugs for sleep, as it'll only do far more damage. But this is from personal not professional experience.

limecat

Potential Patron
I'm pretty much insomniac, some doctors took a blood sample from me as a kid to measure the melotinin, which was slim to none, so I got prescirbed melatonin when I was about 12yr old. Since then, I've been on zoplicone, zolpidem, nitrazepam, prometazine and alimemazin but nothing beats a goodnight spliff.

I'm currently using 3-6mg Melaonin(more than 3mg makes me hungover) and small spliff, about 0.1--0.3g eacn night. The trick for me was not to stay high 24/7, life gets boring when you smoke up daily. After the goodnight spliff, I head stright to bed, no laptop, no smartphones, no television. It works wonders, without any aid it usually it takes me 4-8h to fall asleep but with a spliff I fall asleep almost immediately. Either I'm very sensitive to THC or my weed is some S-class stuff cause I still get prettty knocked.

Biggest downside is that when I'm dry I can barely sleep at all, like now Ive been awake for about 36h.

Edit::Btw get the powdered melotonin in capsules, they beat the shit out of those pressed pills which wierd enough sometimes gives me a headache. I've tried serveral brands(Meda, Neurol, etc) Now I got licensed Recip melatonin capsules straight from the producer.

Edit:I can fill you in some on melatonin, they dont really make you tired, but they regulate your circadian rythm for the following day so you wake up more fresh. I've never heard about dosage up to 20mg before, using so much feels lik waste, like I said it's not that they make you tired so taking more doesn't really increase the effect, 3-9mg is more than enough for most people.

Last edited:

PseudoRussian

Vivacious Visitor
One interesting alternate to weed is something called Skullcap. Essentially, it gives the same calming effect you'd expect from weed, but without the THC. I haven't tried it yet, but from everything I've read it can be smoked/made into a tea and it works really, really well.

I know it isn't weed for sleep, but maybe give it a try! After all, weed isn't legal in every state (assuming you're a US resident of course), but skullcap can be bought on Amazon.

d£t

nu
Ryonani Teamster
Dat follow up nearly one year later.

I've found weed is beneficial/enjoyable for a number of things depending on the strain:
  • Relaxing / falling asleep
  • Socializing
  • Listening to music
  • Lowering anxiety
  • Dealing with digestive upset / appetite issues
On the flip side, it fucking flat out destroyed my attention span and short-term memory for weeks at a time even when I wasn't high, to the point where I would forget that I was being forgetful and having repeat conversations with people. I gave it up about a month ago.

Scoopy

Content Creator
Melatonin helps myself at times. Obviously don't eat at night, a small spliff may help aid sleep and if you're using a computer late at night install f.lux. It removes blue coloration and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.