Virtual Girlfriend beta - how to develop? (1 Viewer)

What type of VG experience would you prefer?

• Alternative A - Buttons/Settings

Votes: 30 50.8%
  • Alternative B - Talk/Negotiate

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Something else - specify below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Hi folks! I haven't produced much lately, I must admit, but that's about to change! I already have a working beta of my own "virtual girlfriend" project, heavily inspired by similar productions from Fleack and others. My version differs mainly in these aspects:

1) Realistic position changes. Not only how animtools positions are switched and how they work with background/props, but also how she uses her hands during oral for instance. In return, there are fewer positions (9 total, counting the standard one) - but these are hand picked for hotness and realism. IMO, less is more.
2) You can decide preferences on how to fuck, cum, who is in charge etc. and the dialogue will adapt without you actually needing to input much while you are fapping away. If you like anal and cum in mouth with swallowing, you decide from the get go and the dialogue will understand to change position as you are about to cum, for example.

This is all working relatively well, but I need to change the input format and there are two main alternatives I envision:

Alternative A - Buttons/Settings: As is the norm for most of these now, a "settings menu" of buttons let's you as player set whatever you like, and the dialogue will adapt. At first I didn't want to do buttons and tried to rely on stuff like pulled_up and cock insertion to break her speech as selection method, but it's too clunky. I don't really like buttons because they are sometimes slow to respond and break immersion IMO, but this would just be an initial settings menu that you could later ignore unless you wanted to change something. The downside of this is that it's not really a virtual girlfriend as much as a virtual fuck toy, and it gets repetitive.

Alternative B - Talk/Negotiate: Imagine having a relatively silent dialogue, as is typically the case during sex. Sure, he comments when he cums and she may have a thought or two while idle, but not much back and forth conversation is going on. Until you press the talk button. Then subjects come up, either of your own choosing or stuff SHE wants to talk about. So for example you might ask if she's OK with swallowing. And she might or might not be. And then you fuck some more. Next time you open the loader, she remembers key elements from your conversation and may be convinced to try new things. One time she might surprise you with a sexy outfit. If you treat her poorly, she may leave. This is more a seduction game, but with the basic idea that you're both willing to please each other to get increased mutual pleasure and raunchy sex. This could even lead to "expansions" so that new episodes or "dates" could be introduced later on, building upon the girlfriend experience. Of course, this would lead to a longer development time ;) But still, the first chapters would definitely come out this summer. My worries is that this would be too complicated to actually be good fapping material, but I would have to find a good balance here.

Which of these would you rather I devote my time to? If you have a third suggestion you think has broad appeal (not some narrow shit like an incestuous futa tentacle pony from some obscure hentai), feel free to suggest it!

shadowhitman14

Potential Patron
I'd say buttons, because I think getting the correct dialogue lines to fire is a lot more complex. A lot of dialogues have a hard time with that, in my experience. Plus I don't like to see the guy talk that much, I prefer only for the girl to talk. Can't wait to see what you come up with!!!

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Interesting, seems buttons is a likely winner then, and it will be easier for me to convert the current version to it.

This is the menu structure I envision:
Settings
>Cumming
>>Swallow
>>Drool
>>Pussy
>>Ass
>Position
>>Oral
>>Tits
>>Pussy
>>Ass
>Initiative
>>Her work
>>His work
>Appearance
>>Blonde
>>Brunette
>>Auburn
>>Custom

So when you press the settings button, you see Cumming, Position, Intitative and Appearance. You can then choose your preferred cum location, hole to fuck, who has initiative and you also have three standard girls to choose from (or you can pick Custom and use your own). These will all be save space variabels, meaning they will be remembered when you close and reopen the loader. So next time, the dia will remember that you like an auburn girl and that you prefer to fuck her ass, cum in her mouth and that she should drool it over her tits, for example. Besides the std position, there will be 8 more - 1 for each combination of "hole" + his vs. her work. Position changes will be both automatic at moments that make realistic sense, or manual if you go via the settings menu. Sounds good?

LeaValk

Potential Patron
I like that layout Slingerbult!

A question about the dialogue tho, will it be purely consensual for everything? Or could we expect some resistance if you tried to jump right to doing her in the butt and cumming in her mouth, ect?

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Well, I sort of equated a button interface with complete control and no need to roleplay consent or any gradual gaining access to various things (that was more along the lines of Alt B). I do have features that will make her struggle quite a bit if you try choking her out though, and I could easily expand on that for other things. For example, you could make it so she'd only do A2M at a certain arousal level. Then again if you do that, less power to the buttons menu, eh? If you have a more specific idea of non-consent you'd like to see, let me know. It's also easy to write around it. For example, clicking on anal could just have him say "I'm gonna fuck your ass now" and cue the position change, leaving her reactions to the event to the player's imagination.

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
Just a tip from me -

If you're planning on doing a large dialogue with a lot of depth, don't worry too much about what everyone else wants. There's a lot of posts on this board of people claiming 'I'm creating this awesome thing, what would you like it to be like?', and almost all of them end up either A. Unfinished/Unreleased -- or B. Released and Shallow (half-finished). The reality is no one's paying you and writing a big complex dialogue is a lot of work. So if you're not enjoying creating it or what you're creating is a combination of other people's visions and not your own, there's not really much in terms of motivation.

Or maybe you just get a lot of motivation from just doing work for this community. In which case, good deal! Looking forward to the finished product.

Macnagum

Avid Affiliate
Interesting project ! You seems to want to make a mix between arcade (lots of position and customisation) and simulation (focus on realism). Fleack has already achieved a good arcade version, does your project stand out enough ? A third way might be possible using the classic mechanics of the video game (earn points to unlock best content / for ex raise her desir to get the anal position).

Some ideas for the menu (less is more, yeah) :
- Initiative : a unique switch buttons rather than a sub-menu selection (available only with position allowing it)?
- Girl customisation (hair, clothes) : let the player use the game menu for this (more pratical) by creating your loader with specific content : girls, hairs, clothes, backgrounds ?
- Settings for cumming : just let the player decide by changing positions at the right time ?
- various modes : arcade, simulation..
- HS menu : guy's dialogues can break immersion.

Unlike Fleack, I think it is better to ensure that the player has fun. First it - the rest is bonus ;)

Slingerbult

Content Creator
Nah, it's just that my inspiration and desire to work with these projects come in fits and bouts, so it won't be dropped but I'm not working on presently - maybe this weekend, maybe later. I do think I'll have something to release this month or next though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.