Tomb Raider 2013 white wet shirt (1 Viewer)

thenextguy

Potential Patron
I am new here.
I seem to have trouble getting this mod to work. i have chenged TR to run in Dx9 mode through registry and have loaded both the "TR13 White Wet Shirt V3.2.tpf" and TR13 "Trousers Tan V3.5.tpf" in texmod to run the game.
However in game only the new pants show up and never the shirt. I am running Tomb Raider v1.0.722.3. Can it be that the patch somehow messed up the texture paths?

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
I shouldn't think so - I'm on v1.01.743.0 and they all work fine. You could try running the shirt alone, or re-downloading it.

I mentioned a few pages back that Texmod started acting up on me, not running the pants mod while the shirt mod worked fine. It cleared itself up after a while, a few reboots later, and I don't know what the original problem was.

thenextguy

Potential Patron
I tried rebooting a few times with settings changed to dx9 and dx11. it didnt help - still the same problem: pants are working but not the shirt.

EDIT: well, ok, i managed to figure something out: in game, in main menu > extras > character models the textures show find on the "innocent lara" model but on the "lara croft" model only the pants show and the same is for the game. Are some textures missing?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Not for this build, I'm sure. Ive been using this version for my latest run-through - from opening scene to late-game it's been working. Unless something didn't complete in the download or extraction, but that's really grasping at straws.

I can't think of many other possible fixes. Since you're seeing the pants, you must be using the High detail level already and you're using DX9.

Here - I've grabbed the latest build I'm using, stuffed it in a new 7-zip file, and stuck it on mediafire.

TR13 White Wet Shirt V3.2 Alternate Download.tpf.7z

Try grabbing it again from the source.

Britneyspeared

Potential Patron
I love the fact that you try to keep a "realistic" aspect in your mod, really amazing !

I've got the same tastes as you : I don't like the idea of having a full nude character, but rather a realistic and sexy one. The test you did with the panty being shown in transparency is definitely a must, you should try to stay in that way if you ask me ;)

Do you have the tpf files for that particular one ? I'd love to help you around with it !

Keep up the hard (but amazing) work !

B

thenextguy

Potential Patron
@Mick Budarrapp: I got it, the problem wasnt the file but my settings - I actually had to change texture settings from Ultra to High. Now it shows regular pants on "Innocent Lara" model but both shirts are white as intended and the model in game hass the edited textures.
Might want to add this little bit of info to the first post that the texture settings should be "High" and nothing else

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
OP editted for High, not Ultra. It was already mentioned in the first post but not entirely clear, and this isn't the first time the texture setting has fouled up someone's attempts to make it work.

T

TedQ

Awesome mod!!! Would it be possible to only show her breast when it gets wet to make it more realistic?

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Actually, it might work. I used to think that the wetmap only affected how dark a texture is, but I did a few tests today and it seems to be able to affect color as well.

I'll do some tests over the next few days to see if I can get it to look good. Bear in mind, this means Lara would be fully clothed 95% of the time, since she's dry for the bulk of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Done. But it didn't quite work.

Wetdry 1.jpg

It works well enough with this 100% save I've got. The skin tone isn't coming through as clearly as I'd like, maybe I can tweak that in future work. But looking at the early game...

Didn'twork.jpg

Nothing. The bumpmap is there (it was only going to show up), but water just makes her shiny. There must be a different wet map in use in the early game that I haven't found yet.

That said, Lara looks so much better in a pale top than a dark top. Square Enix, there's your cheapass costume DLC for you...

Britneyspeared

Potential Patron
Nice one Mick ! Even if it's 5% of the time, I like the idea very much, keeping the "realistic" aspect of the game.

Do you happen to have your try on the panty showing through the pants? Do you mind sharing it? It looks great so far !

Thanks a lot for you amazing work, as always ;)

B

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
A few screens...

pantyline test.jpg Thong Test.jpg

One's all about the bump map, the other is all about the color. I'm not quite happy with either yet, though. Part of the problem is that Lara gets so much equipment over her bottom anyway, putting anything else between the eye and the rear seems such a shame :(

- - - Updated - - -

I found the early game water map! Yay! Problem: it works on everywhere.

wetmap terror.jpg

Since the early-game wetmap was pretty short of landmarks (the late-game wetmap has an outline of her shirt), I stuck green letters on it so I could test and see what section of the map corresponded to what section of her body. And I found that backwards F was what I wanted.

I also found evil, concentrated.

wetmap terrorface.jpg

Thanks, world. Sleep wasn't something I needed anyway.

I kind of flipped out after that.

Colorblind.jpg

Well actually, I did a big color test to see what color doesn't make Lara look like a oil monster. Turns out it's white, which was a huge Duh moment for me. Knowing this...

Wetmap early game 1.jpg

That's kinda working. It needs to be tweaked of course, but it's there. Except...

Wetmap early game 2.jpg

...except Lara has developed faceboobs. You can see a nipple there on her jaw, between her strands of hair.

Remember how I mentioned the wetmap works everywhere? Well, it does. The later game maps use one map for the top, one for the trousers, one for the face, one for the hands, etc. That's how it should be done.

But the early game uses the one map for every part of Lara's body. The designers did the lazy thing and just stuck one wetmap in for all of those sections.

This wetmap mod works by pasting Lara's see-through chest onto the wetmap, so when she's affected by water they fade nicely into view. But because her entire body draws on this map, she also develops a pair of boobs on her face. She probably has another set on her pants somewhere, and a teensy tiny pair on her hands.

Short version: it won't work in the early game.

I'm working on some workarounds, though. I could probably replace the dirt maps for Lara's shirt with transparent top maps. Instead of Lara getting dirty, her top would get transparent. That would also increase the amount of time she spends wearing a see-through shirt, since Lara gets dirty in Tomb Raider all the time.

sindito

Avid Affiliate
well done mick! true ... the wet map is a unique texture that affects the entire body(TOMBRAIDER.EXE_0xCB6EC940), is present throughout the game, from beginning to end, besides has several wetmaps for each body part and several lightmaps for each well, that makes it difficult to find the exact combination order to have a single tone in their clothes .... for dirt, are separate maps of the main textures, I eliminated with an alpha chanel but only got that lara was clean all the time ...
the wetmap works separately, one for the upskin and one for the lowskin, what you will paint it up like below, but it really only with water, ghost effect men!! I was working it but buff! was a mess!luck with that transparency !!:)

see my dirt and blood remover, can help you!!!:)

Attachments

grampared

Potential Patron
hello mike , i have worked on trying to get your mods and texmod to work for the last 2 days , i have tryed everything , i've watched several youtube tutorials over and over tried your instructions for the steam exe. several times , in case i over looked something , i'm not new to moding i've done dragon age , skyrim ,and far cry 3 , and far cry is hard for the modders also , they are putting there mods in a bundle in the DX file and then you just switch your DX file with the mods already loaded , i wonder if that could be done here with the exe. ? that would be awesome , if you would have any tips i would like to here them too , THANKS PS- NEVER MIND I GOT IT TO WORK BUT IT WILL ONLY LOAD 1 MOD AT A TIME , CTRL+A DOSE'NT WORK , THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK !

M

MQuattro

Hey, can anyone tell me what the Hell I'm doing wrong. I've been trying to get this mod to work for 2 days now. I've got textmod in my TombRaider folder. I've renamed the original to Tombraiderold, and textmod to Tombraider. I open using steam, it loads textmod. I hit the big folder first, put tombraiderold in there, and then little folder put the t-shirt V3 tpf file. The game loads just fine, but lara is wearing her original outfit. I've changed textures to high. I've also gone to Direct X9 page, and I believe that I'm using DX9 to open the game now. This is the one thing I'm not 100 % sure about. It says in a previous post to execute DX9. how do I make sure I'm using DX9? thanks in advance.

DynoTAP

Potential Patron
When I start it up, a trojan horse (PSW.Lineage.AGX) that goes by the name of wtf415F.tmp attempts to insert itself into c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\ .

Is TexMod trying to infect my computer??

I hope this is just a false positive, but for now I'm using Sandboxie on TexMod.

I look forward to a reply as I am quite baffled by the outcome.

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
When I start it up, a trojan horse (PSW.Lineage.AGX) that goes by the name of wtf415F.tmp attempts to insert itself into c:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Temp\ .

Is TexMod trying to infect my computer??

I hope this is just a false positive, but for now I'm using Sandboxie on TexMod.

I look forward to a reply as I am quite baffled by the outcome.

EDIT!!

I can't seem to get TexMod to start TombRaiderOld.exe as I don't fully understand the following step:

Use the Target Application button to restore the files' old names (TombRaider becomes Texmod again, TombRaiderold returns to TombRaider) and select Tomb Raider as the application for Texmod to run

(I stopped Sandboxie as well as AVG to mess around with the mod.)

The target application I'm selecting is tombraiderold.exe and under "package mode" I select TR13 WHITE WET SHIRT V3.2 and once selected I click the "Run" button... and an error pops up stating that "steam must be running to play.".

Regarding texmod and virus alerts, see the link.
http://www.gamevixenzone.net/tools-utilities-19/texmod-23/

PeckPeck

Potential Patron
Running the game through texmod according to given instructions, in dx9, on high texture settings, and no luck. Any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.