Tomb Raider 2013 white wet shirt (1 Viewer)

Kim

Potential Patron
Update April 7 2013:

I just found out that if you try to aim while Lara's wrists are bound, she wiggles. Am I the only one who didn't know this? Also my rate of death in that part of the game has tripled. It may have something to do with Lara now spending all her time standing in the spotlight shaking her chest left and right. I'll check to make sure.

In actual update news, White Wet Shirt Version 3.2 is available on Mediafire. The reason why it's there is because it's 29 meg, over the 20 meg for Gamevixenzone.

TR13 White Wet Shirt V3.2.tpf.7z

Why is it so big? Because it also modifies the huge texture maps used for cutscene sequences, where Lara's outfit mysteriously returns to its original appearance (like in the very end of the game). Now her top remains gloriously transparent. Also included are some cleaner skin maps for Lara's hands and face, to be consistent with the clean chest and arms this mod uses as Vanhelsing pointed out below. Lastly, I've also slightly improved the late-game shirt maps over the last version. They seemed a bit too bright and looked over-exposed when Lara was standing in direct sunlight.

This is probably not a final version. I'm doing a speed run through Tomb Raider to test it out and see if there are any skins that I've missed. The finish works, so does the opening, I'm just powering through the middle.

Also there's a new set of tan trousers (version 3.5) for Lara that should also work in cutscenes. Again, this will probably not be a final version.

View attachment 10165

And lastly, a .tpf that cleans off the contextual dirt maps that pop up occasionally. Regardless of how many slopes she skids down or Vladimirs she shoots in the eye, Lara's clothes and skin will remain clean. This one is seperate in case players want to keep that part of the game's realism. It's very small, because the maps are essentially blank so there's very little data in them. You just run this mod package at the same time as White Wet Shirt, or any Tomb Raider mod for that matter. Once more, I'm double-checking this one as I run through the game.

View attachment 10166

Update over, hope you like it.

I know we're spoiled for this sort of mod, but here's another damp and over-stretched top for Lara to wear in Tomb Raider 2013.

View attachment 9724

I was trying to get the feeling that she was ready to burst out of an overstretched tank top, and I like paler clothing to make Lara more visible against the typically dark backgrounds in the game.

Updated with an optional set of tan-colored trousers, tight across the rear and nearly worn through, with an elastic texture to match her top.

View attachment 9852

The pants are a seperate .tpf file from the top, so you can just take what you want to use. As always, you can layer .tpf files in texmod by running them at the same time, and if there are any contradicting files, Texmod will use the files from the mod positioned higher in the list. There should be no conflicting files in these two mods, however.

Updated with improved textures for late game. I noticed early on that while Lara's shirt in the opening of the game looks like this:
View attachment 10012
where she's never going to let Sam talk her into another wet t-shirt contest on Death Island, but in late game looks like this:
View attachment 10013
I admit it's better judged in-game and in-motion than in screenshots, but it just didn't have the same wow factor. Yet they were the same texture map, same reflectivity, same bumpmaps. The only difference is that the late-game texture maps are maybe a quarter of the size for some reason, and some of that detail just gets squeezed out.

So I squeezed detail back in the later-game shirt maps using a few tricks:
View attachment 10014

The updated file is down below with the others.

The usual steps apply to get it to run:
Put a copy of Texmod in the same directory as the executable file TombRaider
Rename TombRaider to something else (such as TombRaiderold)
Rename Texmod as TombRaider
Use Steam to start Tomb Raider and watch it load up Texmod instead
Use the Target Application button to restore the files' old names (TombRaider becomes Texmod again, TombRaiderold returns to TombRaider) and select Tomb Raider as the application for Texmod to run
Select the .tpf file as the package to run

Unless a surprise file snuck into my build, this mod should work for the length of the game, even in the opening sequence on the beach (after all, water is the secret ingredient that makes her shirt magical). Dirt and blood still pop up on the outfit when appropriate to the story, and Tomb Raider will periodically restore Lara's regular outfit for certain short sequences. This mod works on high texture quality EDIT 13/05/2013: High, not Ultra, and as usual only works in DirectX 9.

Top Improved Version:
View attachment 10015
Top Early Version:
View attachment 9723
Trousers:
View attachment 9853

Maybe I can get back to actually playing it now...

And in case anyone hasn't got it, Texmod:
View attachment 10663

Thanks so much. You're work is great.

I have a question about text mod. I got it to work fine once the Textmod file was renamed to be "TombRaider" and then original TombRaider file was renamed to be "TombRaiderold". I then Ran the Tombraider (the textmod) and selected the patch to run and it worked fine. Is it possible to make this work and have the original TombRaider file (the one that is 19mb) be actuallyed called "TombRaider" still. I have another mod that isn't working because it cannot find the normal TombRaider.exe. I reallly want to use both. Please help!

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Kim, I guess. The process I listed in the original post requires the user to rename the files twice. That is to say, the time is when you change Tombraider to Tombraiderold and Texmod to Tombraider. Then you get Texmod running, click Target Application and in the target application screen you change the name of the files back - Tombraider back to Texmod, and Tombraiderold back to Tombraider. Then you select Tombraider as the targetted app that Texmod will be running.

So if whatever mod you're using is looking for Tombraider.exe, it should find it right where it is supposed to be. If it's a mod that, like Texmod, needs to be initated at game startup you could have a problem.

Bob, until you mentioned it I never even heard of the Yamatai mod. I'm not sure where it is introduced to the game, but as long as it doesn't mess with the file names this should probably work with it. Looking at the videos I found of the Yamatai mod, I'm a little spooked by all that motion...

tachyon

Potential Patron
Kim - you might need to get the non-steam version. Steam versions have to be launched through the Steam game launcher, which will only launch a file with the correct name. That is why we rename TexMod to TombRaider, so that the Steam game launcher thinks it is launching TombRaider.

priss

Potential Patron
Still works , just bought this game for S10.00 . If devs. just added some sex appeal to their game I would have bought for full price in 2013

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.