Tomb Raider 2013 white wet shirt (1 Viewer)

slugman

Potential Patron
This might be a stupid question, but since it's not working on my system, I suspect its because I'm running a Windows7-64bit machine, and that means it's DirectX 11. I know that in the configuration screen of other games (those that also automatically install DirectX 9c) It allows you to choose which version of DirectX to use, but Tombraider 2013 doesn't. When it tried to install DX 9, there was a "failed" dialog box, but it plays fine, (just no Wet tshirt) Am I doing something wrong? or can it work under Windows7 DX 11?

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
G

Gandalf

Yep texmod doesn't care what res the textures are but i like a smaller file size in memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Good to know. I punched up a test .tpf using a 2048-width early-game map for all the shirt maps. It applies successfully... but the late game shirts still don't have that look the early game shirts have. Maybe it's just me, or maybe there's something specific to when you're trying to create the appearance of transparency, or maybe there's some other map I haven't realised applies.

Also, it looks like White Wet Shirt 3.2 is good to stay. I've done a runthrough and haven't located any additional moments of dirt or cutscenes where Lara's back in her regular outfit, although if someone spots something I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Ozelot

Potential Patron
Hey Mick,

fantastic work on the wet shirt! My favourite skin for Lara so far!
I have a question regarding the trousers Tan. Is it possible for you to create wet trousers Tan, where it is possible to look through them (same like the shirt) so you can see e.g. the panties?

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Ozelot, I've been kicking something like that around, but currently I'm having trouble getting it balanced between being visible and looking like a transparency. Getting a bumpmap in place so that there's a panty outline is definitely do-able, it's just the color that's a hassle.

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Actually yes, but the forum isn't letting me upload images right now. Weird.

But I'm not too proud of the work at this stage. Because of those pocket flaps on Lara's pants, I've had to position her underwear to mask them. It's not terrible but it's not great either. Regardless, those buttons on her pocket flaps are still there.

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Good news, I can post files again.

pantyline test.jpg

Not happy with it as yet. I'm going to have to experiment with different coloar combinations, maybe pale trousers with black panties, to try to get something that looks halfway decent. The whole idea is to have something to look at while Lara is perpetually running away.

Maybe I should just write "Nice ass" there...

R

revenge

Nice work,i like the white see through, are you going to be doing any new ones?
I saw a screen of an all black leather one on a site that i liked a lot and they said it was here but looks like it was removed.:(

Kim Altair Salanio

Potential Patron
Can you also be able to mod the DLC outfits? cuz it seems that they are the only ones that dont change textures all throughout the game. Or do they?

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
The DLC skins can definitely be modded, and it looks like they remain unchanged through the course of the game. The skin to mod would be the Hunter, which is just Lara's default outfit + mud, without rips to her trousers, but in the end it's not really better enough than the default skin to justify giving a damn.

I was hoping that later DLC skins would have more potential, but the leaked screenshots are basically a whole lot of nothing.

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
I would like to, but right now we can only change the texture of Lara's outfits. We can change what color it is, and how light and shadow works on it.

What we can't change is Lara's mesh, or the shape of her body. She will always have folds and wrinkles of material down her legs from her pants, she will always have buttons on her bottom from her pockets, and she will always have a flap of fabric between her breasts from her shirt. I could make that all the color of her skin, but I couldn't make it Lara's shape. It would look like Lara was wearing a skin-colored shirt and skin-colored pants.

It would help if we had at least one of two things:

1. A tool that allows us to change Lara's mesh, or

2. An outfit with a mesh that closely follows the shape of Lara's body.

If the game designers released tighter pants that hug her legs without those folds and creases, or a bikini outfit, then we could take a serious shot at making a good nude mod. Right now I just try to make mods that look believable.

Vanhelsing

Potential Patron
hey.... people... anyone know what the cause of the effect wet clothes? I have located a texture and I canceled with an alpha channel but clothes still look dark and shiny that makes the nude mod not look real ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.