Tomb Raider 2013 white wet shirt (1 Viewer)

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Update April 7 2013:

I just found out that if you try to aim while Lara's wrists are bound, she wiggles. Am I the only one who didn't know this? Also my rate of death in that part of the game has tripled. It may have something to do with Lara now spending all her time standing in the spotlight shaking her chest left and right. I'll check to make sure.

In actual update news, White Wet Shirt Version 3.2 is available on Mediafire. The reason why it's there is because it's 29 meg, over the 20 meg for Gamevixenzone.

TR13 White Wet Shirt V3.2.tpf.7z

Why is it so big? Because it also modifies the huge texture maps used for cutscene sequences, where Lara's outfit mysteriously returns to its original appearance (like in the very end of the game). Now her top remains gloriously transparent. Also included are some cleaner skin maps for Lara's hands and face, to be consistent with the clean chest and arms this mod uses as Vanhelsing pointed out below. Lastly, I've also slightly improved the late-game shirt maps over the last version. They seemed a bit too bright and looked over-exposed when Lara was standing in direct sunlight.

This is probably not a final version. I'm doing a speed run through Tomb Raider to test it out and see if there are any skins that I've missed. The finish works, so does the opening, I'm just powering through the middle.

Also there's a new set of tan trousers (version 3.5) for Lara that should also work in cutscenes. Again, this will probably not be a final version.

View attachment TR13 Trousers Tan V3.5.tpf.7z

And lastly, a .tpf that cleans off the contextual dirt maps that pop up occasionally. Regardless of how many slopes she skids down or Vladimirs she shoots in the eye, Lara's clothes and skin will remain clean. This one is seperate in case players want to keep that part of the game's realism. It's very small, because the maps are essentially blank so there's very little data in them. You just run this mod package at the same time as White Wet Shirt, or any Tomb Raider mod for that matter. Once more, I'm double-checking this one as I run through the game.

View attachment Contextual Dirt Remover V1.4.tpf.7z

Update over, hope you like it.

I know we're spoiled for this sort of mod, but here's another damp and over-stretched top for Lara to wear in Tomb Raider 2013.

White Shirt preview.jpg

I was trying to get the feeling that she was ready to burst out of an overstretched tank top, and I like paler clothing to make Lara more visible against the typically dark backgrounds in the game.

Updated with an optional set of tan-colored trousers, tight across the rear and nearly worn through, with an elastic texture to match her top.

Tan Trousers preview.jpg

The pants are a seperate .tpf file from the top, so you can just take what you want to use. As always, you can layer .tpf files in texmod by running them at the same time, and if there are any contradicting files, Texmod will use the files from the mod positioned higher in the list. There should be no conflicting files in these two mods, however.

Updated with improved textures for late game. I noticed early on that while Lara's shirt in the opening of the game looks like this:
Shirtmod EarlyGame.jpg
where she's never going to let Sam talk her into another wet t-shirt contest on Death Island, but in late game looks like this:
Shirtmod Lategame.jpg
I admit it's better judged in-game and in-motion than in screenshots, but it just didn't have the same wow factor. Yet they were the same texture map, same reflectivity, same bumpmaps. The only difference is that the late-game texture maps are maybe a quarter of the size for some reason, and some of that detail just gets squeezed out.

So I squeezed detail back in the later-game shirt maps using a few tricks:
Shirtmod Lategame Improved.jpg

The updated file is down below with the others.

The usual steps apply to get it to run:
Put a copy of Texmod in the same directory as the executable file TombRaider
Rename TombRaider to something else (such as TombRaiderold)
Rename Texmod as TombRaider
Use Steam to start Tomb Raider and watch it load up Texmod instead
Use the Target Application button to restore the files' old names (TombRaider becomes Texmod again, TombRaiderold returns to TombRaider) and select Tomb Raider as the application for Texmod to run
Select the .tpf file as the package to run

Unless a surprise file snuck into my build, this mod should work for the length of the game, even in the opening sequence on the beach (after all, water is the secret ingredient that makes her shirt magical). Dirt and blood still pop up on the outfit when appropriate to the story, and Tomb Raider will periodically restore Lara's regular outfit for certain short sequences. This mod works on high texture quality EDIT 13/05/2013: High, not Ultra, and as usual only works in DirectX 9.

Top Improved Version:
View attachment White Wet Shirt V3.7z
Top Early Version:
View attachment White Wet Shirt V2.3.tpf.7z
Trousers:
View attachment Trousers Tan V3.7z

Maybe I can get back to actually playing it now...

And in case anyone hasn't got it, Texmod:
View attachment Texmod.7z

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiponce61

Potential Patron
index.jpeg TR_Ripped.jpg
thank you for this very nice mod!:D
i would like to do or find a mod to complete your mod with a mod that will be the mix of this two style of pictures
do you understand what i mean(sorry for my english i am french)
thanks so much again:)

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
I understand, and I have been trying to do something like that - thigh high boots with a bikini bottom. But I have not been happy with any of the results. It is difficult to turn Lara's clothing into bare skin correctly. When Lara's clothes get wet, their color darkens. I am not sure why the designers bothered to do that, since her clothes are so dark to begin with. Maybe she wore lighter clothing in an earlier version of the game; Lara's top in the opening movie is a pale blue, like her original outfit.

But that means when you try to turn her clothes into skin, what you get is skin that grows much darker when she's wet. I haven't yet figured out which texture map controls that. Maybe one of the other modders has found it.

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Updated with a seperate .tpf pile giving Lara lighter brown pants, tight in the right place. Refer to the original post for preview and link.

HyeVltg3

Potential Patron
Ok think this is the best place to ask because I am using your amazinly awesome mod.
I am one of the few people/gamers that dont like full nude mods. too plain, find it annoying to run around naked or have a naked companion. dont get me wrong I like sexy companions or real skimpy gear but full nude gets old fast.

I love the ripped pants or as many gamers should know it as; Clothing Damage. The 3rd Birthday used it to its fullest. HP = clothing damage. awesome concept for us....GVZ lurkers ;D

before I trail off, Clothing Damage in TR2013, how do I get dem pants to rip? is it based on falls? gun fights or game progress? I somehow got a ONE rip on Lara pants just now ( or only noticed it now) but I have no clue how it got there....

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
As the wizard said, game progress. The pants seem to use their own mesh that changes over the course of the game, with 4 distinct damage levels.

First there's the undamaged pants Lara wears for 30 seconds on the beach right at the start of the game. Then there's the lightly damaged pants she wakes up with in the scavenger den, with added damage maps "wrapped" around her leg that don't take mud like the rest. You'll notice this if you're playing a mod with pants that are any color but black or brown: Lara's thigh and calf will be clean when the rest of her is muddy. With brown pants, it's harder to notice.

There there's the moderately and heavily damaged maps she wears later. I think they might kick in after the parachute sequence and the river of blood, but don't quote me on that 'cause I'm probably completely wrong.

Lara's shirt doesn't work quite the same way. They've textured her top to look like a white undershirt and a dark over-spoiler, with the top one getting rips and tears as the game progresses (and the bottom one remaining pristine and unripped. Must be made of the same stuff they make airplane blackboxes out of), but the mesh isn't changing or at least not significantly. The damage seems to be just changes to the color and bump maps.

You could give Lara her heavily-damaged top right from the outset, probably, with more rips showing more of the white undershirt. But for the mod above there wouldn't be a point since the whole shirt is already white.

- - - Updated - - -

Another update, this time focusing on Lara's shirt later in the game. Early shirt textures seem to be larger and show greater oomph, so the late-game textures needed some more attention. The file is in the original post marked "Top Improved Version".

Last edited by a moderator:

gvzfans

Potential Patron
excuse me. i've got problem to download this interesting mod.

Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg

is there solution for this trouble? thanx

gvzfans

Potential Patron
The problem must be on your end i just downloaded it with no problem.
Are you using a download manager?

i've downloaded by browser. if i try using download manager, download manager just download attachment.htm not the file.
maybe i must check my internet setting or something else again.
thx

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
gvzfans, if you still can't download the .tpf files, tap my name on the left panel of this post and send me a private message with an email address. I can send the files direct.

Vanhelsing, I've been working on a cleaner face-and-hands look for Lara to match her cleaner arms, since this mod uses the very clean texture map Lara has on the beach at the opening of the game. But it's taking me time to root through and find all the different face-and-hands maps that they make use of. Once I'm reasonably confident I've identified them all and replaced them, they'll become part of White Wet Shirt version 3-point something.

Vanhelsing

Potential Patron
Many Thanks for answer ... your mod is very good and I'm glad you're working on doing better ... I'll be waiting for your update.:)

Mick Budarrap

Avid Affiliate
Update: White Wet Shirt is now affecting cutscenes where normally Lara's default outfit would pop back into view, Lara's face and hands are cleaner, and there's an option for removing the contextual dirt maps that pop up. Files are in the original post.

Houba

Potential Patron
hi :). the arrival of Age of Wushu. I think. really. very interesting. 10/04/2013 deep appreciation for Age of Wushu. :D@ Sir Gandalf I find out the new background GVZ with Lara C and . Be well. too. the new commercial for the games? otherwise. I did not discover Age of Wushu. :) ===--> I apologize. write here. I do not know where to put this notice. (But we apologize Marsipulami he is so nice) :o Houba Houbaaaaa

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.