Tera -Modding(free2play) (1 Viewer)

Spanner

Potential Patron
Tera has gone free2play!

This thread will cover:
-using .gpk modded files(recommended modding method)
-UtHelper1.3 guide(replacing .dds textures to create .gpk packages)
-My Tera mods.
*Some requests will be accepted, most will not(modding isn't my job I do this for fun)

**Backup your TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\PC folder *before* you start editing.**

Using .gpk packages
Replacing files is NOT required when using .gpk packages

Any folder your planning to replace files in just create a NEW folder next to it, with the same name adding an underscore "_FolderName"
*default player .gpk folder*
TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH\PC
---Create a new folder next to the default folder adding an underscore "_Name"
TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\_CH\PC
This allows modding \_CH\PC \_CH\NPC and \_CH\Monster all inside one folder \_CH\

***Leave the Default Files Alone, No replacing required***

--If something goes wrong just move the _CH folder to a different location, and the game will load the default files.

This works for everything I've modded, player mods (_PC), npc mods(_NPC), and sound replacers(_NPCSpeechVoice)

UtHelper1.3 guide
(replacing .dds textures to create .gpk packages)

**Backup your \packages\CH\PC folder *before* you start editing.**

This was an example used ***here***

Use UtHelper1.3 to import it into file-> PC_Event_01.gpk
-Start Uthelper, click file-"load package", find your "PC_Event_01.gpk"
-Right click the text heading that appears, pick view mode - group by class
-Expand PC_Event_01 -then- Texture2D
-Scroll down to "PC_Event_01_Castanic_F_diff" <- right click select "Import"
-Find the texture I attached "PC_Event_01_Castanic_F_diff.dds", click open/ok
-Click File - "Save Package as" name the file something different like: "PC_Event_01-SASH.gpk"
-Place the file in \packages\_CH\PC renaming it to "PC_Event_01.gpk"
(Leave the original \packages\CH\PC files as is, no replacing files needed)

UtHelper1.3
UtHelper Quick Guide -youtube

Extracting .dds files: *as above with this change*
-Scroll down to "PC_Event_01_Castanic_F_diff" <- right click select "Export"
-skip the rest, your .dds is placed in the same folder you opened the .gpk

My Tera Mods
None of my Mods will use Tex/Umod all are .gpk or .dds textures UtHelper can swap.

Elin - No Tails! (version1)
Elin - No Tails(version2) All tails removed
Place this .gpk in TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\_CH\PC *as explained above*
Not all tails are erased, most are.
Some caused major errors if edited, others are part of alternate hairstyles when wearing certain clothes. Difficult to test all combinations, so some were skipped to avoid random problems/crashes.
**Note** The first Elin hair/tail combo will disappear in character creator(it will work ingame, just not in the char creator)

Elin - No Tail/Ears (All removed if possible)
Some ear removal left holes in the head, these ears were not removed, all tails removed. Same as above first hairstyle disappears in character creator, works ingame.

Popori_F_R.gpk -Elin Robes - Pink/Black underwear(remove clothing to see, noobie island outfit)
Preview posted here
This only changes the "naked" texture, also swaps R0 - R00.
As posted above, unzip and move the file in PC folder to YOUR :
TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\_CH\PC (folder)
-No other armor has been modified, just a fun/test of my version of the "naked skin"

Elin_Ruffle swimsuit View attachment Elin_Ruffle.7z
Displays the color your wearing(Blue/Pink/Yellow)
Elin_Ruffle.jpg

Happy Modding!

Last edited by a moderator:

MC-the-Fool

Potential Patron
I've asked this in a few places, but I guess I'll ask here too. I'm trying to find a way to alter skin color in the game. But I can't figure out which gpk file would have the skin color in them for the Elin. Would anyone happen to know which gpk file has the skins for the Elins in them?

Spanner

Potential Patron
I've asked this in a few places, but I guess I'll ask here too. I'm trying to find a way to alter skin color in the game. But I can't figure out which gpk file would have the skin color in them for the Elin. Would anyone happen to know which gpk file has the skins for the Elins in them?

Some games have the base skin color separate, then your armor/clothing has its own texture. That's not how Tera does it.

The base skin color is on every armor/clothing texture used(upper left corner). That's where you add nipples or a tattoo which will only show when that exact piece of armor/clothing is being used. If you change outfits you'll have the base skin texture from the new armor's texture.

If you wanted to make every Elin wearing a ruffle swimsuit look more tanned just change the base skin color on the ruffle swimsuit texture. But your char won't keep that skin tone if you change into another outfit, unless you edit every single clothing/armor piece you plan to wear.

If your asking about the effect they apply in char cheator to make it look more pink/purple/tan/brown, no idea where those are.

Naduron

Content Creator
If your asking about the effect they apply in char cheator to make it look more pink/purple/tan/brown, no idea where those are.

_mask

You paint which area you want "body color".

tho i haven't been bothering using it in Tera.

Kjall

Potential Patron
Hello here,
I'm trying to mode on Tera but I've got some issues in the process.
I use UtHelper to export *.dds and Photoshop (cs6 with nvidia plugin) and Gimp 2.8 to modify them.
Then, I import them back in UtHelper, but when I try to save a new package (or save patched), it stops working;
I think it's a compression format issue, for now I've tried DXT5 (ARGB 8bpp interpolated alpha) in Photoshop or BC3/DXT5 in Gimp.
Do someone have any clues please?

Spanner

Potential Patron
I use UtHelper to export *.dds and Photoshop (cs6 with nvidia plugin) and Gimp 2.8 to modify them.Then, I import them back in UtHelper, but when I try to save a new package (or save patched), it stops working;

First test: export a default texture you planned to modify, close UtHelper, DON'T modify the texture at all, re-open UtHelper, load the .gpk, IMPORT the default texture back into the .gpk, save as with a new name. Check if it still works in-game. If this part fails something is wrong with your UtHelper download or your editing the files in an area with permission issues?

Random ideas:
-Do your modding in a different folder like c:\My_Tera_Mods\
-Don't mod directly into the game folder(copy/paste the completed .gpk to the correct location)

Working with .dds files: when you first open it for editing DO NOT load mip maps, you'll make new ones based on your edits. When you save the .dds pick (GIMP)BC3\DXT5 +generate mip maps, or (Photoshop)DXT5 interpolated alpha +generate mip maps, 2D

Last idea make sure your editing a texture that requires DXT5, there are some using DXT1 these will crash the game if you use DXT5, UtHelper will show you the correct format on the properties tab of a default .gpk.

MC-the-Fool

Potential Patron
Thank you Spanner and Naduron for the answers! Hmm, seems like quite a bit of work. I was hoping to just replace one of the colors that were selectable in the character creator screen to a more darker brown skin for the elin. We'll just have to wait and see what I can do.

Kjall

Potential Patron
Thanks for the tips Spanner, the first test just didn't passed.. I've got indeed a problem while editing some packages, but not all of them.
For example, UtHelper don't crash if I tried to save such packages as PC_Event_01.gpk, but it crashes on more larger ones like Highelf_F_R.gpk. Memory issues maybe?
Just in case, I've runned it with admin admin rights (on win7 64 bits).

Spanner

Potential Patron
love the no tail mod :) cant wait for the no ears one as well!
Thanks!
Working on my Elin body template(didn't want to steal others) so the no-ears are after.
Attached is a preview of my Elin R0 L0 H0(naked skin), I'll need to test it tonight using HigherRes, this machine is old. The preview is using the RIZ normal map making the nipples look inverted, that file had R0 and R00 swapped already so I grabbed it for testing(sue me I'm lazy).

Elin_R0_L0_H0.jpg

Spanner

Potential Patron
nice! and good luck too you, will be a complete gpk? hopefully we wont have to use tex or umod

*First post UPDATED* with link to Elin Robes .gpk for the above Pink/Black Preview.
Only changes the "nude" skin, or noobie island skin, R0-R00 swapped kTera file

All my mods will be either .gpk packages or textures you can swap yourself with UtHelper.
Was going to post this as only a .dds texture since it only changes one outfit, but meh hope you like it.
It will be another week before a .gpk with multiple armor edits is ready.

Spanner

Potential Patron
**Updated**
-Added Elin Ruffle swimsuit mod to first post.
-New Elin - NoTails version2 posted(more tails removed)
-Added Elin - NoTailsEars

Last edited by a moderator:

kancel0

Vivacious Visitor
here is a screenshot of my bunny (well was a bunny) elin with the no tail/ear mod
TERA_ScreenShot_20130310_000355.png =3

Love the mod btw spanner!

Debura

Potential Patron
Well, I guess I can post my "mod" I made a long time ago. It only works for the lancer's "Kingsguard" novelty weapon, but basically it turns it invisible while retaining the glow from whatever enchantment level you have.

I made this a while back because I hate how my weapons would always clip through my Elin's tail and such. I stumbled upon this method by accident, but it works well enough. All I really did was break the weapon's hex data so it wasn't calling on the right files to load the graphics.

Screenshots and weapon file attached. Remember to backup your files before overwriting them. I have not tested using this mod is the same way as described in the OP, with the "_CH" folder. Feel free to do so, obviously.

TERA_ScreenShot_20130312_183538.jpg TERA_ScreenShot_20130312_183556.jpg

Attachments

PC_Weapons_Event.zip
11.6 MB · Views: 165

Obonga

Potential Patron
i really like your bikini. how do i get those on an armor-template? i tried but i failed hard. seems like i am not able to change the shape of the armor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.