Tera - Costume mods & Elin Nude (1 Viewer)

Senoma

Potential Patron
I hate to be a bother, but information is getting a little harder to come by.

What files should I extract from the .gpk to transfer the mod over into the new version?

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I hate to be a bother, but information is getting a little harder to come by.

What files should I extract from the .gpk to transfer the mod over into the new version?

Any edited .dds texture file. How do you tell if they're edited you ask? Not easily in most cases. n.nU

But what exactly are you transferring? I updated the cloth armors for the ninja update a while ago if it's just that.

Blytwo really hasn't been at all active, so I've kinda been maintaining this stuff lately. Check out my thread here:
Tera - Costume Edits + Misc. Stuff

Senoma

Potential Patron
I had a look at your mod in search about this, however from the screenshots posted, it suggested that you did more than just update it for the Ninja update, but rather also remove parts and pieces of the armors themselves, plus the changes to the labia. Unless I'm mistaken somehow.

Regardless, it'd be nice to know what dds files need to be exported in case there's another update in the future.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
I had a look at your mod in search about this, however from the screenshots posted, it suggested that you did more than just update it for the Ninja update, but rather also remove parts and pieces of the armors themselves, plus the changes to the labia.

Regardless, it'd be nice to know what dds files need to be exported in case there's another update in the future.

As far as additional edits go, I really didn't make many. My original description was quite messy and confusing: basically the only armors I edited were the ones that didn't already have any edits (or in some cases I just cleaned up exisitng edits).

As for the labia, yeah I removed that since it really didn't look right to me. That being said, there are like, 5 armors total that you can actually see that on. :]

Also, for the most part the _diff (diffuse) textures are what are edited. Most of the time that's the only one that needs to be edited. However in cases such as when trying to draw skin onto an area that didn't already HAVE skin, then you may also need to port edits for the _nor (normal), _spec (specular), and possibly even the _mast and _cstm textures.

Senoma

Potential Patron
In other words, even though it may be overkill. Just export diff, norm, spec, mast, and ctsm textures, assuming for the body only?

That being said, I may give your mod a look then if you didn't edit too much.

That being said, nice to know what I'd have to export just in case another update comes along and no one kindly updates things.

Uiridium_Chimera

Swell Supporter
In other words, even though it may be overkill. Just export diff, norm, spec, mast, and ctsm textures, assuming for the body only?

That being said, I may give your mod a look then if you didn't edit too much.

That being said, nice to know what I'd have to export just in case another update comes along and no one kindly updates things.

I mass exported everything when I updated. And yes - just the body. Usually that's all we can edit. There are some exceptions, but those are for newer armors (i.e. event costume stuff). For some reason we can't edit pretty much all gloves and boots in the original armor archives (the tools we have made just cause the file to corrupt if you try).

Senoma

Potential Patron
The downsides of reverse engineering, sometimes just can't get things.

Anyway, thank you very much for your quick responses, and for your help!

BlyTwo

Vivacious Visitor
What I was doing to counter the cut out issue was adding borders to the textures along the cutouts, like what already exist at the bottoms of most shirts. That makes them stand out a lot less. I just never got around to doing that for all of them. n.nU

As for the closed vs. open labia... The open labia just didn't look right to me as it stayed open regardless of animation states and poses (obviously - it's a static texture). Additionally while you did a very good job on the open labia, it's still a flat texture on a flat set of polygons trying to convey the appearance of something with a great deal of variation in depth levels. Normal maps can only do so much, and it just never looked very good to me. :/
That was entire a personal preference design choice. Not every labia is closed, even on loli. Personally i find closed to be boring and not particularly lewd, hence i chose to go with slightly open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.