TERA and GPK files (1 Viewer)

pop1337

Potential Patron
Hey guys and gals,
I've been getting some questions on how to modify TERAs GPK files, and why their files aren't working / loading. Below is a response I made to someone on how the system works and about how it loads.

In this case he wasn't quite clear about his mods, but I responded in accordace as if the mods were of the same sub system.

Highlighted areas are Key file names / directories that are crucial to installing mods. There are Proper Guides to modding Tera, but Basically this is a breakdown of TERAs system From what I've come to learn / read about.

"Firstly you're saying that you have 2 separate mods. Of the 2 .GPK files are they editing the same files? For example, in your :\TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\CH \PC Do they both effect the Same class? Such as you're trying to install a nude mod for highelves who wear Heavy armor. And the files that you downloaded are for Highelf_F_H.

(in case you didn't know The way the files are named is set up Class_Gender_type) So since you're modifying armor for High elf Females who wear heavy armor You are looking for the Files named Highelf (gender as stated) F (Female) and Heavy. In case you didn't understand or your translator confuses you a bit another similar example would be if you wanted to edit Files for a highelf female who wears robe armor. The file name would be Highelf_F_R. (the file name roughly translate to Highelf (race) F (gender) and R (which is robe/cloth armor).

Now that I've explained that, I'll move onto how TERA reads it's files. When TERA is launched and you are in game the reason that you include .patched is because Teras reading system will go for the lowest integer (from what I was told). As I stated in one of my posts when you use UThelper to inject files, after injecting them (by selecting import selecting the replacement file which is usually similarly named to the one being replaced and then selecting save) The file that is produced is a copy of the original but modified to contain the edited files. If you have 2 similarly named GPKs that modify the same files they DO NOT work with one another.

In other words if you have a file that would make some of the armor sets nude, while having another file that also edits different files, both will not load. Only one or the other.
Basically if you had a mod to change Highelf_F_H armors from tier 10 11 and 12, but wanted to have a mod to change the underwear (clothing that appears when you remove all your armor) which is a separate mod / GPK file. You will only be able to use one at a time. One way to get both working would be to Export files from one GPK and injecting them to the other. If I had recording programs I would make a tutorial on how to do this process.

I'm assuming that the mods you mentioned are at the beginning of the thread "TERA-Nude MOds." I haven't used those since I started last year / I may not have the class that you're looking to modify (which means I can't really test it out since each set / gender / race differ). I mainly have elins, 1 high elf warrior, and 1 Castanic female lancer. So should you be asking whether a mod for a high elf Female who wears Heavy armor I wouldn't be able to test it out and see. (since I don't really have the armor / class available). And yes I've thought about making another account, teleporting said class/race/gender to a city, that that would take time / gold that I currently don't have. (Opposed to before, I'm trying to prepare for the new Elin Reapers and am low on gold so I've been trying to make gold / have my daily routine as other do).

If you have anymore details / specifics on what you're doing (such as the specific files and races that you're trying to edit I could probably be more help in figuring out where the issue is). In other words the issue could be with the placement of files, or the files themselves. I will state that I'm no professional, I only know what I know. With that being said I do try to do my research and help people figure things out since down the road that gained knowledge could help me out as well.

Let me know if any of this helped you, and if if gets confusing use google translate to translate it into your language. "

Sorry about the wall of text, I tried to sum it up without completely losing all the key information.

This is also some instructions posted by Genesis Aria for their mods:
"

• Remember to put character mods in *\TERA\Client\S1Game\CookedPC\Art_Data\Packages\_CH\PC
    make new folder for "_CH" (prevents the need for overwriting)
  • Mounts go in _CH\NPC
  • Remove any text in (parenthesis) in file name when installing!

More information can be found in the tools and utilities section:

http://www.gamevixenzone.net/tools-utilities-19/tera-package-editor-416/

http://www.gamevixenzone.net/tools-utilities-19/gpk-repacker-1188/

This is so you new guys won't have to look far for The right topics pertaining to TERA modding.

Last edited by a moderator:

otinane

Potential Patron
New guy here, and to the modding thing. I would like to know one thing before i try to use some mods posted in this forum.

After i use a mod, log into game and see the result, it would be visible by every other player, or only to me?

Because if it is visible, it could lead to report etc

fleet

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
RM Moderator
Content Creator
New guy here, and to the modding thing. I would like to know one thing before i try to use some mods posted in this forum.

After i use a mod, log into game and see the result, it would be visible by every other player, or only to me?

Because if it is visible, it could lead to report etc

I don't have this particular game, but generally speaking, if you use a mod that is installed on your computer, other people will not be able to see it. Otherwise we would have lots of reports in our topics saying "I used the mod for game X and got banned"

otinane

Potential Patron
Thanks for the answer. Because i started writing/reading things about some "light" modding on Tera, and my mind went "...am i going to get troubles or something..."

Back to reading!

pop1337

Potential Patron
There's a sticky thread about that (as far as I could tell it's all good and seemed to be). I also remember there being a Forums post or w/e where they said they Love player created content. Another instance I believe I found (via google) a Post where someone asked a GM if it were ok to import K-TERA GPK files / Edit current and they said it was fine so long as it doesn't affect the way the game runs (hacking). Though I Still use modded files, and people do directly State that they use modded files (even when the GM are on) I still see them on.

Another way to look at it is if they didn't want us to mod the files they would make it auto repatch as is done in K-TERA (according to Flo the guy on TERAToday that streams and releases future Possible NA patches that K-TERA gets).
I'm not as active as I had been, but I always love a new modder and see what their idea of a nice costume would be. (or color scheme for old mods / new ways of doing things with current files). Good luck to you

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.