Tekken series (1 Viewer)

onlinehero

Casual Client
W5EdB.jpg

How does Asuka do this grab? Couldn't find it from movelist :(
She brokes her opponents leg in this grab..

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Possibly it is someobody else's move and they just hacked Asuka's move set to be that one.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Ah, that's a counter move I believe. I can't remember the command off the top of my head; but it's a normal attack (a low if I recall correctly) that on counter hit turns into an attack throw.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
It's a move called "Sumiregari" and it should be back+square (or back+X on 360) on counter hit.
A counter hit is when you land an attack while the opponent is attempting an attack as well.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
yeah Harada confirmed them and confirmed the console version will have more fighters and will reveal more at E3

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
pretty much who i thought the added characters would be. Also is it me or does Michelle's face look a bit like Asuka's? Also i hope i can custom Julia's outfit and hair to look like her tekken tag 1 design. That was always her best look imo

Last edited by a moderator:
C

crazyman

Can't wait for Tekken Tag 2 to come out. Anyone else notice the new Ogre grab? I wonder how many moves will be added to the game.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
This is SUPERB. It's still under construction.

In my stories, Julia, Christie, Xiaoyu and Asuka are a group of friends and basically everybody hates the spoiled rich brat Lili. Here's TTT2's system of who likes and hates who.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Allegiance Chart

Some VERY interesting pairs there. Christie hates Eddy? How is that right? But Eddy likes Christie. And I thought in Tekken 4 she was looking for him, and he taught her the Capoeira style, so what the fuck? Christie doesn't like anybody. LOL. Probably incomplete.

I thought Lili and Asuka were rivals, yet Lili is listed as LIKING Asuka? Asuka hates Lili though... Lili likes Asuka? WHAT?? WHY? HOW?

Unsurprisingly, Xiaoyu is not listed as hating anybody... Again, probably incomplete.

I'm not going to change my stories all around from here on out due to this, but it's extremely interesting to discuss.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - Allegiance Chart

Some VERY interesting pairs there. Christie hates Eddy? How is that right? But Eddy likes Christie. And I thought in Tekken 4 she was looking for him, and he taught her the Capoeira style, so what the fuck? Christie doesn't like anybody. LOL. Probably incomplete.

I thought Lili and Asuka were rivals, yet Lili is listed as LIKING Asuka? Asuka hates Lili though... Lili likes Asuka? WHAT?? WHY? HOW?

It's important to note that Tekken Tag Tournament 2, is non-canon. As such expect relationships to differ vastly from official canon.
It's all a silly "What if..." story which I think is great.

I can imagine Lili liking Asuka as a worthy rival, but Asuka hating the "rich-bitch". Rivalries aren't always friendly after all.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Well TTT2 as non-canon as it may be actually does have a storyline this time around, so I have heard anyway. In fact right on the page I linked to it says "their likes and hates are based on their storyline relationships"...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/games/tekkentag2.html

"A wide range of new tag-team throw techniques have been added, many of which are exclusive to specific team combinations. Netsu/Rage Mode (from TTT & Tekken 6) has also returned, but functions differently. As your partner is waiting on the sidelines, they will enter Netsu after your primary character takes a certain amount of damage. Once they are tagged in, they will be able to inflict more damage for a short period of time. Interestingly, Netsu will be affected by the "character relationships" in the Tekken storyline... more specifically, whether or not the characters currently "like" each other. If a character is paired up with someone that likes them, their Netsu will be activated earlier than with someone that dislikes them. Check out the TTT2 Allegiance Chart for more information on this new system."

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Well TTT2 as non-canon as it may be actually does have a storyline this time around, so I have heard anyway. In fact right on the page I linked to it says "their likes and hates are based on their storyline relationships"...

Interesting, but also a little vague. "Storyline" could refer to the canon story lines, or the non-canon Tag Storyline they're building just for this game; which would be based off the canon relationships but with a few tweaks.
For example, when last I checked, Julia (JayCee) has had almost no interaction with the Kings or Marduk in canon.

I do recall Harada talking about how they're having more story cutscenes on twitter a while back. So I'm excited to get my hands on a copy to see what all is packed into the game.

C

crazyman

Anyone else curious about the whole make your own moveset thing? I'm wonder how they will go about selecting the moves.

Even the outift designs. (Along with the personal costumes that you can make.) Haven't showcased much...yet.

I certainly agree that the story lines seems a little...well...flat but their is no way to till until the game is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.