Tekken series (2 Viewers)

90sSegaFan

Ryonani Teamster
Anyone know if the costume Christie is wearing in her Kotobukiya statue? I thought that was her new outfit for the game but so far she only has the one from Tekken 5.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
So far it seems rather bland. Then again, there's a couple factors at work here:

-It feels a lot like Tekken 6, and I wasn't crazy about that for some reason. The game that seemed to flow the best to me was the original Tekken Tag Tournament. Movements just seem sort of heavy to me.
-I'm older than I was when the original TTT hit and so my enthusiasm for new games just wanes quickly. On the upside, I have already played it longer in one day than I have Soul Calibur 4 in 4 or 5 years, so thats something.
-I don't have shit all unlocked AND I FUCKING HATE GRINDING GOLD!! CHRIST! I'm older now, I just want to play with the entire fucking game without having to work for it. If I want work, I have a job, and I make real money doing that!

Then again, if it's ryona you want... man. This game's got all the usual bone-snapping crippling holds and throws you remember and then some. Also, Michelle Chang has some of the sexiest legs on a video game girl ever. Good freakin' Lord, the things I want to do to her.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I THINK the swimsuits are Gamestop only but not 100%

Nah, I pre-ordered the game from Amazon and got my voucher for not only Angel and Michelle, but the swimsuits as well.

I haven't played a lot of the game, but from what I did play it was relatively enjoyable. There are some really nice features like the "Tekken Tunes" which allows you to customize what track plays on what stage; even letting you use custom music right off your hard-drive (PS3 at least)
The character customization is unfortunately a mixed bag. Clothing color uses the same system as Soulcalibur 4 and 5, so you don't have to buy separate versions of each character's clothing. However... clothing are restricted to either an entire outfit, or their upper body, lower body, head, and extra equipment. So what to equip Anna in that corset but without the finger-less gloves? Too bad. It really seems like a waste considering they also took the multiple costume slots feature from SC as well.

But hot damn are there a load of characters. Though it is odd that Second Skin characters (Kuma/Panda, Roger/Alex) have separate slots on the roster. I suppose it's good if you want to make a team of them but still... they're essentially clones.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
However... clothing are restricted to either an entire outfit, or their upper body, lower body, head, and extra equipment. So what to equip Anna in that corset but without the finger-less gloves? Too bad. It really seems like a waste considering they also took the multiple costume slots feature from SC as well.

Well this is what I was worried about. In tekken 6 you were able to customise arms, feet, legs, plus inner/outer body layers seperately. I mean, I'm not gonna suddenly drop my shit and boycott the game over this, but I don't understand the strategy behind condensing the customisation under the guise of making it more expansive.

I sense Zhuge Liang's machinations in this......

mind_games_by_rydain-d4r8i8l.jpg

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Well this is what I was worried about. In tekken 6 you were able to customise arms, feet, legs, plus inner/outer body layers seperately. I mean, I'm not gonna suddenly drop my shit and boycott the game over this, but I don't understand the strategy behind condensing the customisation under the guise of making it more expansive.

Considering the game features the largest roster in Tekken history, having to create most models from scratch while also updating every existing model, I'm just happy there even IS a customization option even if it is limited.
Besides; it seems all the ladies have access to a miniskirt, nylons, and high heels combo which I personally can't get enough of.

You can still customize the hair to some extent. Instead of the many "hair base" items from 6 you buy the back end of the hair (Which always comes with a base) then customize the front and sides. Front hair pieces are now all in one; so you can't mix and match different front parts but they look a lot better than T6, especially when colored. In exchange for not mixing and matching the front you can now also equip side-burns which is neat.
In a lot of ways the hair customization reminded me of an old H-game Artificial Girl 3.

I've also got to admit. I fancied myself a decent Tekken 6 player, not good, but decent. And man, oh man, do I ever suck at TTT2. I can't put my finger on what it is; maybe a subtle speed increase, or maybe I'm horrendously out of practice but I just can't seem to get the hang of the game. I don't hate it, but man can it get frustrating fighting the CPU.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
So I poured in a couple hours and I'm definitely enjoying it. I've completed Arcade Mode with Yoshimitsu and Hwoarang twice, each time getting each character's ending (only the team leader's ending shows). I will admit, I was getting my ass handed to me at first, but it's been a little while since I've picked up a Tekken, so I just had to re-acclimate myself. I'm already getting better.

I did touch on the Combot mode, as well. It's overly humorous, but the mode serves as a tutorial/training mode of sorts. I like being able to buy moves from different characters to equip on it, but I do wonder how balanced it would end up being, depending on what moves you select.

And, of course, I did toy with Customize. Not being able to edit individual limbs is a step backwards. There's still a decent amount of parts, and it seems there are some you can only unlock and not buy at all, so the total variety will vary. Besides, putting Yoshimitsu in a superhero mask, giving him a light shield on his arm, and attaching an assault rifle to his back, I did toy with my girl, Anna. Her swimsuit is gorgeous and she looks absolutely sexy in it, but the rest of her parts leave a little to be desired. Her tops aren't too revealing, although I think there's one that looks like the top of her dress from the first Tekken Tag, but with fingerless gloves instead of her elegant elbow length ones. At least her bottoms are better, with some short pants that go up to her ass lol. Those suffer from the same problems of not being able to get rid of certain elements, though, like panty hose and knee highs and such. Of course, more could be unlocked in time, but from what I've been finding, a lot of stuff seems universal that's being unlocked, so I guess we'll just have to see.

C

crazyman

So...I got my copy of Tekken Tag 2 already. (Ryona review)

The Good: Improved graphics and some great bearhug animations have been added to the game, as well as some great new moves for Ogre, true Ogre and Jinpachi. They also have some great grunts for Michelle, her voice actress does a great job of sounding like shes in real pain. (Her grunts are a lot like the Beatdown grunts.) A long with that, some great stages are introduced if you like your ryona to have a little bit of a pretend backstory to it. (Jun also has some nice grunts as well as some cute costumizations.)

The bad: The game has a lot to offer...but the negatives fall into the audio. Each character has a limited number of grunts, so often it contrasts with the Ryona. The other thing is that most of the characters have the same moveset from Tekken 6. No new grabs for King, Jack 6 or some of the others that we were hoping for. The costumization is lacking too, you don't have as many options to choose from and often you can only from a few already set up bottoms and tops. (Opposed to Tekken 6 were you could pick every section.)

It's still a great game regardless with some excellent ryona value. :)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
noooo, those are fake!

No Poison's breats are fake! Because POISON ACTUALLY IS A MAN!!! AND YOU DID A RYONA OF HIM(or Gyaku ryona I guess) Stop denying Leo (real name Eleonora) is a woman. You just look silly. It would be like me calling Kasumi a man.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
The Good: Improved graphics and some great bearhug animations have been added to the game, as well as some great new moves for Ogre, true Ogre and Jinpachi. They also have some great grunts for Michelle, her voice actress does a great job of sounding like shes in real pain. (Her grunts are a lot like the Beatdown grunts.) A long with that, some great stages are introduced if you like your ryona to have a little bit of a pretend backstory to it. (Jun also has some nice grunts as well as some cute costumizations.)

The bad: The game has a lot to offer...but the negatives fall into the audio. Each character has a limited number of grunts, so often it contrasts with the Ryona. The other thing is that most of the characters have the same moveset from Tekken 6. No new grabs for King, Jack 6 or some of the others that we were hoping for. The costumization is lacking too, you don't have as many options to choose from and often you can only from a few already set up bottoms and tops. (Opposed to Tekken 6 were you could pick every section.)

It's still a great game regardless with some excellent ryona value. :)

Hmm.. Some great bearhug animations? Could you tell me more? :D

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
The correct term is "woman". Poison is a transgender. Please do not be bigoted, thank you.

At any rate Michelle Chang in TTT2 probably has some of the greatest legs on a video game girl ever, and I so need to write a story involving her being stretched out eight ways from Sunday...

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
I dunno; Jun's got a great pair of legs too... I put her in those shorts and hose and damn I have trouble watching the fight because I'm so distracted.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
The correct term is "woman". Poison is a transgender. Please do not be bigoted, thank you.

At any rate Michelle Chang in TTT2 probably has some of the greatest legs on a video game girl ever, and I so need to write a story involving her being stretched out eight ways from Sunday...
Ok but I'll say Poison is a woman. Now have they stop calling Leo a man(when she is not. They are being bigoted to women who cover up)

Last edited by a moderator:

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
That is completely ridiculous, and you know it. Just knock it off like I asked, please.

Bryan: I don't have any of the customizations unlocked, so that might be hampering a little of the enjoyment of the game. Is there a way to earn gold outside the stupid single player campaign story modes they INSIST on putting in these games these days?

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Bryan: I don't have any of the customizations unlocked, so that might be hampering a little of the enjoyment of the game. Is there a way to earn gold outside the stupid single player campaign story modes they INSIST on putting in these games these days?

There isn't a campaign mode this time. Just standard Arcade, Survival, Time Attack, Team Battle, and Ghost Battle mode.
Hmm... the best way I've been earning gold is by playing Ghost Battle mode; occasionally you'll come across a team that has a gold slate instead of the usual black after a match; defeat the team and you can unlock a couple things at once; usually some equipment, and occasionally one of the characters endings. I believe this is where you can also unlock other equipment such as Askua's school uniform. Not a hundred percent sure about how it works but I'm sure we'll see some guides appearing before long.
I'm also not sure if online matches give gold, as I've yet to play any online match, but if they do I'd be more than happy to have some friendly matches if anyone wants to play. Just drop me a PM asking for my PSN name. I'd prefer not to post it publicly.

On the topic of Leo: Before the bikini conformation I always referred to Leo as a "he" assuming Leo was going to be the staple "trap" like most fighting games have; like how there's Poison for Street Fighter (more or less) Bridget for Guilty Gear, Ash Crimson for King of Fighters, and Ivy for Soulcalibur (I kid, I kid.)
It'll take some adjusting to stop calling her a "he" but I can live with it... though I was kinda hoping Leo would be a male shota-character who gets all the ladies ha ha, oh well.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
What about that stupid Combot Training thing? I haven't tried it yet, I assumed it was the same as Devil Within or whatever that Campaign Mode was from Tekken 6.

Also the AI isn't cheaty Tecmo level shit is it? I've been too busy experimenting holds and throws on Michelle's gorgeous ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.