SWF Elf ears? (1 Viewer)

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
I know these got requested alot before we could do swf imports, now we actually can though eveyone seems to have forgot about them :P

Anyone feel like having a go at toggleable elf ears? Personally I'm quite a fan of PSO so the tall newman style appeals but I know there are many who like the shorter Zelda style so anything's appreciated.

I'm useless at art and know nothing about flash so I humbly put this out there in hopes it'll pique someone's interest.
I've not got any refrence images as it's not a specific character and what people might want could vary wildly so if anyone reads this and does want a specific style, please feel free to post pics. Hopefully someone will give making it a go.

By "newman" style I'm refering to this kinda thing http://sdtstuff.co.cc/viewHair/905/. If anyone wanted to make a set of those that could be applied at will I'd be a happy guy, I'm sure others would be too ;D

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I don't know what you mean. swf's aren't really able to be toggled.

I will state though, regardless someone could just release a png that only has elf ears.

1)You take this png, and paste it over your favorite import.
2)Export it as a png.
3)Load it into SDT.
4) ? ? ?.
5)Profit.

Attachments

• elf_ear.png
    elf_ear.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 531
  • elf_ear1.png
    elf_ear1.png
    15.7 KB · Views: 418

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
It would still be very convenient and nice to have a mod for elven ears, I have had this in mind but never requested it. Not everyone is able to work with images Anonymous, so I second this request.

MalaD

Potential Patron
Dynamic elf ears would be pretty sweet, actually. With them being that long, I'd imagine there'd be at least a little swaying with the back & forth motions.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
By toggleable I mean an .swf import using the new feature. I''ve seen freckles and various glasses etc, I wouldn't have thought it'd be too hard for someone with the necessary skills to make some ears you can import on the fly. I don't know how the .swf import works with hair layering but that might also need to be considered so that they go under any bangs or fringes etc.

I'd be happy with static images as that's what we're used too but if anyone wanted to go the extra mile and make them twitch etc when she gags or something they would officially be a legend. ;D

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
I don't think there is a way to make the ears twitch with swf importing without actually accessing the code of the game. This topic seems a bit more fitted for Modguy and not a request for an import.

Also, I don't believe Swf imports can be toggle-able like Konashion's features. So you would have to load it by hand each time or remove it by hand regardless.

kuroryuu said:
It would still be very convenient and nice to have a mod for elven ears, I have had this in mind but never requested it. Not everyone is able to work with images Anonymous, so I second this request.

In my opinion, pasting an image over an image requires NO skill. And if having a program is a problem, you can always get GIMP, it's free. If internet is a problem, there is a thread in the hair import board where a member has been applying accessories to many characters.

kuroryuu

Potential Patron
Anonymous said:
In my opinion, pasting an image over an image requires NO skill. And if having a program is a problem, you can always get GIMP, it's free. If internet is a problem, there is a thread in the hair import board where a member has been applying accessories to many characters.

Oh come on, why are you so much against this? Instead of editing many hairs, having a separate mod for ears would be very nice.
I will not back down from seconding this request. :)

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
kuroryuu said:
Anonymous said:

Oh come on, why are you so much against this? Instead of editing many hairs, having a separate mod for ears would be very nice.
I will not back down from seconding this request. :)

WELL FUCK YOU KURO!!!!

[attachthumb=1]

It's not very good, it took me all of 20 seconds to make from the ear I provided earlier, someone can do better or you can wait until I have time to fix it.

edit: OH EM GEE, my 1000th post is my first swf import. ;)

Attachments

SDTMod.swf
15.1 KB · Views: 3,052

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
When I get the time I'll try to make it better.

Volty decided to give it a try, he couldn't get it to work right, if he'll send me his fla I'll take a look at it.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
I tried my own version. It's made of vectors so no jagged edges issues, toggable and non-autoreplacing. It's a custome UNDEROVER layer, so it will appear in front of most hair and behind bangs.

9qcCJ.png

I hope it's not too big or too displaced, it has to cover up the entire original ear.

Attachments

hr_elfears.swf
6 KB · Views: 3,295

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
Holy crap, how did I miss this?!

This may be a somewhat specific request for a revision but it'd be all kinds of awesome if you could do it;

On the Jill valentine hair specifically the ears disappear behind the larger section of hair at the back, any way to put it infront of that but behind the bangs? It looks like her hair might work a little different due to the bulk of it being dynamic and thus a different layer.

Is it possible to sandwhich the ears between the two layers of her hair? If you could you would be a bro among bros forever.

RajasGrime

Content Creator
So as this isn't considered as an open revision, the answer is not possible, because the two elements of hair are on the same layer.

Tio Guy

Potential Patron
Ah that's a bummer.

Cheers for the quick reply dude. Out of curiosity, would it be possible to remake the dynamic Jill hair and put the hair sections on different layers to solve the problem? If so I know what my next request thread is :P

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
1 point for the accessory
2 points for the swf
1 point for the second

4 points to me

1 point for the second
2 points for the swf
1 point for the preview

4 points to grimey

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.