Help with BDO Pc/Npc shared textures, editing outfits and cutting parts (1 Viewer)

Niara

Potential Patron
Hi folks!
Hoping to pick the general community's brains on a couple of things, modding for BDO.

I've been trying to learn how to do most of this myself – I have very little skill or knowledge using art tool, modelling, or reading the code structure (really, anything at all, if I'm honest), but I'm pretty decent at observing and extrapolating my way through things from what I can take examples from, so, I just started, but I'm learning ^.^

Currently, I'm making some edits to some of the lifeskill outfits (And maybe just some very slightly naughty tweaks to the Coco outfit to make it better suit the idea of breezy beach wear...), since they're what I wear the most; I pulled out the necessary textures, tweaked them with what rudimentary image editing skills I have, and edited the partcut file to not cut the now revealed body parts... or at least I did so as best I could – still working out what is what there. I feel like what I'm doing is probably very unsophisticated and messy, but.... it's a start. Most of what I've been doing is built out of what I've been able to learn looking at the wonderful Suzu's modding work, so many thanks to her(? I think, please correct me if I'm mistaken) for all the hard work ^.^

And, it all works perfectly well, which is the positive news. In particular, I found that simply removing the leggings of the lifeskill clothes, and shortening a skirt or two, just a little, was a very pleasing way to somewhat-tastefully crank up the cute factor to my liking:

GhSCuHL.png

UYl2FrY.png

AlP9ZF8.png

pwTIWdO.png

Lw6fy6P.png

W5mp42k.png

And so on... So that's all great ^.^ Mostly... still having some issues with some new clipping around the feet and the small of the back, since those parts are not being cut now, and I've not worked out if there's a way to, say, cut just the feet but not the legs, etc., with particular outfits... (Actually, I think I have – I think I can add a line specific to the foot cut, I've just not fiddled with it yet... I'm learning), but that's not the problem I'm coming to you all with today!

The problem I have is that by blanking out, editing or removing some of these textures – in particular some of the texture files used for leggings... They are files shared and used by many other characters including, specifically, many NPCs.

Now, I know NPCs operate on different systems – they have their own models, and so on, compared to players... and these NPCs still have the parts that would be covered by their leggings cut... or possibly never had those parts at all; I don't know. So the result is that while my own character looks lovely... there are a lot of folks in a more dire situation:

Wp0qbqM.png

4sK8NkI.png

It's less than ideal for my immersion, let's say ^.^

However... It seems as though the Partcut file that I can edit safely ONLY applies to PC characters... it doesn't appear to contain any partcut information for NPCs, at least as far as I can tell.

So, my question is: Is there something I'm missing in editing my partcut file that will allow me to stop cutting the leg parts of NPCs as well, and I've missed/not understood it? OR, is it the case that there is a separate file for partcuts for NPCs that I might be able to edit?

If not, is there any other way I could feasibly remove/edit/replace these textures – including the leggings texture files that are shared by PCs and NPCs – such that they're not used on my/player characters, but continue to be used for the NPCs that need them?

My worry is that maybe these NPCs don't have actual bodies beneath the textures, normally, and that there would be no way to use the texture for them, but not for PCs... I know that Suzu's excellent work shows a lot of skin on a lot of NPCs, but the files she's shared contain complete body models for those NPCs to use, which I'm guessing weren't there, or didn't exist before – and I personally do not have the skill or tools to create those from scratch like that.

Else-wise any other way... is there a solution to what I'm looking to do that anyone can suggest, or a quicker/cleaner/simpler way to do what I'm fumbling with here?
Any thoughts, answers or suggestions, folks?

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Unfortunately, all textures for the skill armor were borrowed from NPCs. (Shared)
And NPCs have no cut polygon mesh on their bodies except for the exposed skin. (Except for the kind of NPCs in Tariff Village).

Niara

Potential Patron
Thanks for the response, Suzu, much appreciated.

That's what I was afraid of... so, in order to do what I want I'd need to replace/give the affected NPCs full body replacements - like what you've done with some of the NPCs you gave skimpy outfits to, right?

Or else just go back to wearing pants, I suppose...

suzu ( 鈴

Content Creator
3D Artist
Modder
Thanks for the response, Suzu, much appreciated.

That's what I was afraid of... so, in order to do what I want I'd need to replace/give the affected NPCs full body replacements - like what you've done with some of the NPCs you gave skimpy outfits to, right?

Or else just go back to wearing pants, I suppose...
In my case, I would modify the polygon model for costumes that share textures with other characters or NPCs.
I would add a nude body if I were modifying an NPC.

Niara

Potential Patron
Thanks for the info! That's helpful, I appreciate it.

So... if I modify a texture that is shared, I could 'fix' broken female NPCs that have missing parts, by finding their costume model file, and adding this NPC's body model to that costume, as part of it - basically so that the 'costume' contains 3d model for the whole NPC, body and all.

I've seen that there's an NPC Shai model that you've used in your mods as well, so I'm guessing I can do the same thing for broken Shai NPCs, too.

But, for now, I'm out of luck for male NPCs unless I can make new models myself from scratch....

Fair enough, thanks again for your help!

Some of this is beyond my abilities, unfortunately, for now at least. I'm trying to learn more though, bit by bit. ^.^

So much effort just to let my knees show, hehe.... Ah well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.