String/Wire constriction Ryona? (1 Viewer)

joeld

Potential Patron
[I really don't post very often, since I'm more of a casual lurker when it comes to forums. Plus I wasn't sure of how I could contribute to this site (until now maybe). Just letting y'all know]

There is one particular flavor of ryona that I don't see discussed often.

In the old Batman TV series, there is this one episode where Catwoman and the Joker capture Batgirl and tie her up with "Cat's Whiskers". It's supposedly a special thin wire that automatically contracts as it touches the heat of the body, so it simultaneously entraps and constricts the victim, potentially to death. There is this great analysis on what makes this particular trap one of the best of the show fetish-wise. My favorite part of that essay is:

"Since Batgirl's entire body has been liberally entwined in the Cat's Whiskers by Catwoman's men, as the Whiskers contract it will have a far greater effect than simply squeezing the stuffing out of her. This "body-garrote" Batgirl is wrapped in will certainly cut right through her costume and deep into her flesh, snapping her ribs and cutting her body to shreds. Additionally, the wraps of cord around her neck may contract enough to decapitate her, although Batgirl will most certainly be dead before that happens."

And I happen to find that pretty exciting as a ryona fantasy. I like to think of this as a mix between "bondage" and "constriction", both of which are flavors of ryona, am I correct?

But aside from this example, I've never seen this specific ryona variation being applied to women. And curiously, I've seen several examples in anime (like Saint Seiya and Ranma 1/2) of males being the victim of this type of peril.

So I'm curious, is this kind of fantasy weird or overly specific, thus making it unpopular? Is the focus on the cutting and tearing apart too close to guro territory? Also, have you ever seen some example of this variation of ryona being applied anywhere else?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
I don't think the fact that it's overly specific makes it unpopular, just the nature of it being so specific limits its exposure if that makes sense. I certainly don't find it to be too close to guro territory. If anything, the suggestion of future pain rather than the outright depiction of it is what makes the trap so compelling. Not to mention that the emphasis is clearly on titillation over brutality or security, making this ideal soft ryona for me.

Nice first post!

Unrelated

Ryonani Teamster
I loved that Cat's Whiskers analysis thing from the moment I first saw it years ago. :D

Cutting/death is way over the line for me, but women just being uncomfortably constricted by cord of some kind can be VERY hot.

joeld

Potential Patron
(Hello, me again. Remember this thread?)

Still about the string constriction thing.
I have found examples of the style I talked about and that I find really exciting.

One is from JLA #87: Trial Of Fire

tumblr_nemxt6O5c91rx66tdo1_1280.jpg
(It's only lasts one page, but it's a beautiful one)

Another one is from the anime Akame ga Kill!

(It's episode 3, in case Youtube takes the video down like it always does)

Although not easy to find, they are a treat to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.