Street Fighter x Tekken (1 Viewer)

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
^ yep that is exactly it. I just wish I coulda explained it better
if you coulda seen me when I was in C++ classes you'd all be laughing at the amount of hair I was pulling outta my head lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Nothing really happened on the screen until someone hit a Ultra (or whatever the super moves are called in the game). It was kinda like watching Tekken, except the combos weren't big and damaging (and it's in 2D of course). It was just... really dull.

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Oh, I'm not saying the game's bad. It's just not fun to watch. I'm wondering if that's how the game actually plays.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
the dlc has been pushed up to july 31 I am happy so i can add stuff to Asuka's sets Sakura and the others

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Raginz and hatinz in 5.....4.....3.....2......

1.... GO!
RASRAMAPHABLE! I DARE SAY THIS BLIGHT ON THE MASSES IS NOT ONLY UNORTHODOX BUT, MOST UNORTHODOX!
THIS CAPCOM PERSON SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTERED!!
[/loud gentlemanly rant]

In all seriousness, I still feel that creating and intentionally withholding such a large amount of content is a dick move on Capcom's part.
However, I never planned to buy Street Fighter Xross anyway so my say doesn't matter much.

On a side topic, and I don't mean to be rude but, I'm actually a little surprised to see love for the art style. I find the characters, especially the women, to be rather unattractive in the Street Fighter 4 art style; they all have giant hands and bulbous limbs; I just can't get past that.
What is it about this particular art style do you all like might I ask?

TheCrimsonRisk

Ryonani Teamster
On a side topic, and I don't mean to be rude but, I'm actually a little surprised to see love for the art style. I find the characters, especially the women, to be rather unattractive in the Street Fighter 4 art style; they all have giant hands and bulbous limbs; I just can't get past that.
What is it about this particular art style do you all like might I ask?

The models are expressive and move nicely, but I do agree with you. However, I've always been a fan of a more "realistic" style in regards to 3D characters, so that's really a matter of personal preference. They managed to strike a good balance between the ghastly models of Street Fighter EX (probably one of the ugliest 3D fighters ever) and Capcom's always outstanding 2D sprites.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
To me they look like a mix between comic book and anime. Which is why the women have builds(were anime by its self never gives women any kind of build) which makes me happy cause I hate it when a woman fighter has no muscle and I am supposed to believe she can hurt..ANYTHING! I like both cartoony and realistic styles honestly. I am kinda hoping Sakura and Asuka both make it into Tekken X Street Fighter 1 because Asuka is awesome and 2 because I wanna see how Sakura would look in a more realistic style. One of the reasons I wanted Asuka in this game aside from loving the girl is I wanted to see capcom's take on her. While I find her skinnier then her Tekken counter part(which kinda urks me a little bit) I like how they did her

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
Hm, they certainly are expressive, I'll give you that much.

On Randomguy's point of thin ladies in games/anime.
Honestly that's never bothered me after all very few female characters tend to be straight up punchers. They tend to focus on skill and precision strikes over raw power. Take Nina and/or Anna for example; they have lots of moves that revolve around chaining one hold into another systematically breaking limbs where they are weakest.
Or Asuka who's fighting style appears primarily defensive, with several counter moves that use the enemies momentum against them.

I am kinda hoping Sakura and Asuka both make it into Tekken X Street Fighter
1 because Asuka is awesome
2 because I wanna see how Sakura would look in a more realistic style.
1.) You'll get no argument from me; I enjoy countering everything that comes my way in Tekken 6 with her.
2.) Sakura is oddly one of the few Street Fighter characters I genuinely like; I enjoy the "fan-girl in training" thing she's got going on.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
idk Asuka in tekken 6 while having counters; Asuka is more offensive. In SFxT she is more defensive. But even if you are speedy you still need muscle to do ANY damage.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Ok, so it's been a few weeks since the DLC characters finally became available on the consoles and the weirdest thing, I haven't been able to play much else but this game since. I namely only stuck it out just because of having the need to have Sakura (specifically teamed up with Chun-Li, Lili and Asuka) and ironically enough just her alone has gotten me hooked more than at initial release. She may be fun to play, but I've been having a heck of a time having the whole cast have their way with her. It's something that I got reminded of again back when SFIV came out, there's just something special about 3D games that makes ryona more impactful than sprites. That plus all the unique Tekken-character attacks, the animations and facial expressions (and her Japanese VA) made me REALLY wish all the characters were available back at launch so I wouldn't have to feel so darn iffy towards Capcom for holding my baby hostage, but whatever...

I know a certain other Sakura fan on this board is really anxious to get her as well, but I can at least say I'm finally happy with the game now that I got it. If I can make time, I'll try to do a vid of my own with her (too bad my work schedule sucks) before you do just to wet the whistle.

Special mention towards Elena and Alisa. They're quickly becoming favorites in this game for me as well (both to play as and play 'with'... lol)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.