Street Fighter x Tekken (1 Viewer)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
*blows huge raspberry with tongue*

"The Gem system can't be turned off."

With those seven words they totally ruined it for me.

Plus their DLC is laughably batshit insane expensive. They can't be serious.

I'll wait six months when I can get Super Street Fighter X Tekken with all the DLC for cheaper than the first game costs. I got burned on SF4 and then MVC3. I'm not falling for this one again.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
I believe there is an update or free DLC that is coming out down the line called "Tournament Mode" or something silly. Apparently that mode will disable gems in future play. I was like you Raden for a long time in that I was going to pass on this gmae, simply for the fact that they implemented this gem system and then bring out DLC gems. The basis of gems didn't seem to bad, it was just when they tried to bloody start selling the damn things instead of just giving us them all that really swayed me away. How can you say the gem system is critical to gameplay and then try and sell them on additional? It peeved me off for a long time, but I've calmed down a bit now and I've been keeping an eye on the game for the last two months.

My friend (game's tester) who has managed to play the game said the gems are barely a game changer within fights, (though I bet he didn't get a chance to use auto block and throw escaping gems) and that the game is very fun. I'll be getting this game, mostly because Soulcalibur 5 just looks so disapointing for someone like me, and the two player aspect of this game is something I've looked forwards to for a long time. I'll get this game, but I won't invest any money in gems beyond buying the stand alone game.

If there is one thing that gets me though since this gem system came out, its how the developers keep contradicting themselves with each interview. I recall the purpose of gems according to them at one point was to even the playing field with old school expert players and newer guys, helping the newer guys to get into the game with these gems. Sounds very bogus when better players also have access to said gems, making them potentially just more powerful then before. They then turn around and say these gems won't actually help a new player defeat a more skilled player, that is it more like equipment for your fighters to customize them. Which makes me wonder what the hell is the point the gems? Customization to me is having a unique looking fighter, not a gem that makes him turn red with a slight attack boost for a few seconds. They keep changing their story on these gems too much for me to take them seriously. So these additional gems will be avoided by me, along with ranked matches online. (I'll try and find rooms with no gem rules and make friends with peeps who don't use em for online games.)

onlinehero

Casual Client
Must buy! I can already imagine Poison dominating all the girls <333 And with a whip! aaah :D
Wish capcom will release Maki even as DLC.

...and what is this horrible video game ranting going on in the forum? :)

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Sorry, when I get passionate about something I also get loud about it. lol. I very much react first, then think and adjust my opinion.

However, I've done that and my opinion is the same: The system is stupid if it can't be turned off, if it's "part of the game" then don't be selling the Goddamn things, and if they don't make any difference then why even have them?

The whole thing is just stupid.

bryanthunder

Ryonani Teamster
RANT RANT RANT HATE HATE HATE! THEY MADE CHANGES NOW IT SUCKS!
Yeah, I know I'm quite guilty of straight up ranting about recent games.

I don't intend to get Street Fighter Xross because, quite frankly I played some Super Street Fighter 4 and found it unplayable. I just don't have the apparent skill required to hammer out the combos (or special moves) necessary to win. (I have a hell of a time trying to pull off a shoryuken if that tells you anything.) So, SFxT really looks like SSF4 with a different roster; not that that's bad if you like SF4, but it ain't for me.
Now I'm keeping my eye on Tekken Xross if only because that game should be somewhat more playable. And because they may actually make the characters look human, and not like shaved gorillas.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
Pfft sorry brayn but because of the short commands in SF4 noticing able to pull off a shoryuken makes me laugh(you can literally hit diagonal downward twice or one time to shoot a hadouken instead)

But yeah I agree it seems when it comes to the gem system people are going "THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS(kinda like people with soul calibur 5 :} ) Also Raden...there isn't any paid DLC gems. On eventhubs in one of the updates they mentioned the only DLC ones will be the preorder ones and the special edition ones. The rest are all in game. They will only add more if players want more and will most likely be free. Christ am I the ONLY one who goes on that site?

As for how the gems would help newer players they are talking about the ones like auto-guard and such not the speed defense and such boosts. I honestly know some people who have trouble blocking in SF and I think some of them also make pulling of specials easier. So Bryan may have an easier time with this title but we'll have to wait to see what happens when it comes out. OH one other note you CAN turn off the gems...technically what you do is very simple....you don't equip any. Yeah you don't have to equip any though honestly I will cause I think they will add something called "fun" I know it sounds weird.

Oh Sad day(for me) Poison is no longer a tranny she is officially a female. Damn going to miss using her as a funnier Bridget

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
yeah, unfortunately "you don't equip any" doesn't really apply to the computer, or other players, so then you're putting yourself at an intentional disadvantage.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
Must buy! I can already imagine Poison dominating all the girls <333 And with a whip! aaah :D
Wish capcom will release Maki even as DLC.

Supposedly a leaked DLC plan reveals Guy, Cody, Leo, and Christie. As well as a special 'unlock everything' code for people who can't be bothered to jump through all the hoops in single player mode.

These are just heated opinions. The most god awful ranting can be found on SRK forums. I swear I lose I.Q points everytime I read a post there.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Pfft sorry brayn but because of the short commands in SF4 noticing able to pull off a shoryuken makes me laugh(you can literally hit diagonal downward twice or one time to shoot a hadouken instead)

But yeah I agree it seems when it comes to the gem system people are going "THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS(kinda like people with soul calibur 5 :} ) Also Raden...there isn't any paid DLC gems. On eventhubs in one of the updates they mentioned the only DLC ones will be the preorder ones and the special edition ones. The rest are all in game. They will only add more if players want more and will most likely be free. Christ am I the ONLY one who goes on that site?

Rumor: Street Fighter x Tekken DLC Leaked – Adds Christie, Leo, Cody, and Guy « Shoryuken

$2.99 for each pack. This is not "free".

These are just heated opinions. The most god awful ranting can be found on SRK forums. I swear I lose I.Q points everytime I read a post there.

Oh tell me about it. Beating my head into a wall would be more enjoyable.

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster

Well, the joke will be on Capcom here, since nobody will buy the gems. No doubt everyone will be all up in those characters though. I approve of Guy/Cody, but I'm alittle unsure of Christie/Leo. Not that I disapprove or anything, just that they weren't overly popular characters in T6 if memory serves me correctly. Lars/Alisa would've been better choices, since they were both main protagonists in T6's main story, both highly used characters online, AND Alisa had a main role in Blood Vengeance.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
Like I said I'm just going to wait for the inevitable super version of this game that packages the game plus all the DLC for $39.99 like they did with SF4 and MVC3. I've had enough of their bullshit.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Like I said I'm just going to wait for the inevitable super version of this game that packages the game plus all the DLC for $39.99 like they did with SF4 and MVC3. I've had enough of their bullshit.
Ditto. Although I don't know if my friends are willing to wait that long :-P
I'm a little unsure of Christie/Leo. Not that I disapprove or anything, just that they weren't overly popular characters in T6 if memory serves me correctly.
Christie is among the most popular characters AFAIK. She has a lot of strong and quick hits, and is able to avoid enemy attacks easily since she ducks and sidesteps all the time. Plus she's a babe.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Yoshinori Ono has said that there are no plans to make a "Super" version of it. Knowing Crapcom, that could always change, but considering how much is already loaded into this one, I don't think we'll see an expanded version anytime soon.

Ono also said the Gem System is made so that there is no one configuration that is better than another. I'd like to take his word for it, but I'm certain someone will find a way to break the game with a certain configuration just like they do with infinites and such. It would've been better without Gems, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and withhold judgment until I've actually tried it. I have the Special Edition on pre-order, and with it, high hopes for it.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
yeah well there were no plans for SSF4 either, and here we are, DLC and patches for it and all. Only way I will get this game is if it is a gift. I'm not shelling $60 on their first production run of a title ever again, knowing that they make super or ultra versions now.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
WARNING WALL OF TEXT

if that rumor is true and we yell at capcom for DLC fighters being 2.99 for too we better keelhaul Arc Systems for having colors that cost money and fighters that cost 5.99 per or SNK for the same thing with KOF13. I'm just looking for consistency. If the rumor is true I'd buy both, While I HATE christie, Leo and the rest are great. BTW when did we start treating rumors as fact? Guess Howard The Duck really is in MVC3 you just need to unlock him(I am referencing the once REAL leaked list for MVC3)

And also Ono did say there was nothing else planed for SFxT unless they do DLC. Hell there are not even pay for gems in the work. The only DLC gems are the collectors edition and pre-order ones. Unless fans want it he said that is it. And with SSF4 he actually did say they designed it to be able to have DLC implemented see AE. I was happy with SSF4 since it came out a decent amount of time since the original, it added more then a sequel's worth of characters, all characters got new moves, several new modes, and new intros and outros that added to the story. And it was pretty cheap so for me it was practically a sequel.

That being said UMVC3 WAS half assed(but done by a different producer) now to be fair they where going to make it DLC but then this little known thing happened to japan that killed a few million people and they where short on schedule sooo we sadly only got the disc version. Now I know Raden will probably comment on UMVC3's roster and I am expecting Megaman's name mentioned and while I was annoyed about him not being in (along with my mains sakura and venom form MVC2) the gameplay of the game is actually pretty good. I don't own UMVC3 but I have played it though I am going to wait before picking myself up a copy.

Before anyone mentions how MVC2 was better I want to poke a bit of fun at it. While I find MVC2 more fun to casually play with friends who do not like fighters it is a terribly broken game. There is ZERO balance to it making it a mess when trying to play online as NOT Sentinal Magneto and Storm. Most of why we love MVC2 even back then was nostalgia. Think about it at that time you grew up watching many of the Marvel animated shows and most characters came from them(with only a few who where not) MVC3 used mostly characters who where running around in the current for Marvel with only a few nostalgiay characters (like Phoenix) It's the same thing that made the new MK do so well with fans. It wasn't that they actually made anything better not it's the same shitty animation and such but it played heavily on Nostalgia putting the game literally in the first three games (someone I watched dubbed it Mortal Kombat Trilogy HD up till they announced MK Tril was actually happening then just called it the retcon edition.) and using the characters from those games with only a few new ones who look like the "classics" stages taken from those games and the fatalities while less creative(but just as stupid) played on the nostalgia as well

On another note why are we just NOW getting mad at Capcom for re-releasing it's games? Remember how many street fighter 2s there were or that there where now four 3s, 2 alpha 2s and I think 3 or 4 alpha 3s. Hell even the EX series had re-releases. Why are we ignoring them? Why do we ignore Arc Systems for going the same with Guilty gear AND blazblue, why do they get the free pass? Or hell Tekken and Virtua Fighter, is it ok for some companies but not others? I am just looking for some logic here

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
Correction: the Japanese earthquake last year took the lives of nearly 16,000 people, not millions. It's still a horrible tragedy, but let's not stretch the truth here.

Also, they did release DLC for SSFIV (including the Arcade Edition update) not too long after that occurred when they could have also released DLC for MVC3, as well. They used it as some sort of heartfelt excuse. I think we all know they wanted a double-dip ASAP because Crapcom's corporate asses suck. That's just me, though.

I also completely agree in regards to Arc System Works being a lot like Crapcom with their minimal updates. They're milking BlazBlue WAAAAY too much. Hell, Continuum Shift EXTEND comes out next week. The only reason I'm buying it is because I got the Limited Edition for the same price as the regular edition, and I have a feeling it may become increasingly hard to find, as well.

I don't see how Tekken and Virtua Fighter are like Crapcom is with their franchises. Especially Tekken. That typically doesn't get expansions and loads of DLC. Virtua Fighter 5 is getting Final Showdown this Summer, but how long ago did the original VF5 come out? I think it's been four years, no? I hardly think that's like Crapcom.

Again, that's just me. I don't think SFXT will get a "Super" expansion anytime soon, but you never know with Crapcom...

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
A lot of the rushed release of UMVC3 was due to licensing they only have the license to marvel for so long. That is why re-releases of cross over games is a bitch and a half.

That content for SSF4 was already done it was made for the arcade so they literally just put it on ps3 and 360 tested the code then put up for DLC. You know considering how big of a file that was I hate to think how big all the additions to UMVC3 would be and how long they would take *shudder*

Tekken has been doing it a lot lately while consoles didn't see both versions of Tekken 6 it did happen then there are 3 versions of Tekken 5 the one on ps2 the psp with additonal content and the psn one with additional content. Virtua fighter has had 4 iterations and three have had console releases(the 360 is based on an updated version where ps3 is an older) Guilty Gear's X and XX had multiple versions before they just abandoned the series.

thesteedman

Ryonani Teamster
Not certain if anyone has heard, if the rumour is true (which you never know in this day of age) this game might see Alisa and Lei Wulong added on the Tekken side of the game. The rating panel has apparently given in their rating for the game and their reasons too. Two reasons of note, one character uses "Chainsaws" whilst its mentioned another character uses "drunken fighting moves". As noted by spectators and what not, both those descriptions don't really describe anyone else already announced, so it leaves the possibility that Alisa (Chainsaws) and Lei could be amongst the final few characters to be announced.

I wouldn't be shocked if the street fighter characters to accompany them will be Cody and Guy. I can't see them being DLC when they had them revealed in an early trailer. Just seems all kind of wrong if they do (but this is ca$hcom we're talking about here. That is just my opinion anyway. I have a feeling, if this rumour proves to be true, there is still a few more characters to go. Unless they are teaming Alisa with Lei, you'd think Lars would be added as a natural choice to be added in with Alisa, which then begs the question, who will be teamed with Lei? If there is another two characters added, Lars and someone else, which SF characters will be added? And who would be the one to team Lei up with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.