Star Trek Online Nude Mods (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Password42

Content Creator
Version 2.2.1 released, download from first post as usual.

New Mods:
  • One new additional option added under Playercostume mods:
    • Naked Romulan Females
  • Additional options added under Caitian Tails for Everyone. Now you can select which style of tail should be applied!
    • Feline Cropped
    • Feline Thick
    • Feline Thin (was previously the only option)
Changes:
  • Readme corrections & additions

CyberFoxx

Potential Patron
Excellent mod, thanks for taking the time and effort to make it. ^_^
I personally don't use the full nude options, but Star Trek has always had a bit of fanservice in it (Theiss Titillation Theory: The sexiness of an outfit is directly proportional to the possibility that a vital piece of it might fall off), and this mod allows me to add it.

Little nitpick though. It's somewhat annoying in the installer that I always have to browse to my STO install when I want to change something in the mod. I think I know why it's not auto-detecting my install though.

See, I have my own user account that I run everything under, so it has the proper "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Star Trek Online\InstallLocation" registry entry. Thing is, the mod's installer auto-elevates to the Administrator account, and since the Administrator account doesn't play STO, it doesn't have that registry entry. Unless you are putting files other than under the STO install directory, maybe turning off that auto-elevation, or adding an option to elevate (Saying it might fix install problems or something) if possible would be nice.

(Bit of background: I got STO installed on a separate HD partition, one that everyone in the "Users" group has full access to. Fixes a lot of problems, but makes the whole "Elevation to Administrator" thing more of an annoyance than anything. Also, I'm running Server 2008, which seems to have a more UNIX styled separation of users than Vista/7.)

Anyway, just my $0.02CDN. I'll still keep using the mod, the added fanservice is will worth having to deal with a tiny bit of annoyance every-so-often.

Password42

Content Creator
Excellent mod, thanks for taking the time and effort to make it. ^_^
I personally don't use the full nude options, but Star Trek has always had a bit of fanservice in it (Theiss Titillation Theory: The sexiness of an outfit is directly proportional to the possibility that a vital piece of it might fall off), and this mod allows me to add it.

Little nitpick though. It's somewhat annoying in the installer that I always have to browse to my STO install when I want to change something in the mod. I think I know why it's not auto-detecting my install though.

See, I have my own user account that I run everything under, so it has the proper "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cryptic\Star Trek Online\InstallLocation" registry entry. Thing is, the mod's installer auto-elevates to the Administrator account, and since the Administrator account doesn't play STO, it doesn't have that registry entry. Unless you are putting files other than under the STO install directory, maybe turning off that auto-elevation, or adding an option to elevate (Saying it might fix install problems or something) if possible would be nice.

(Bit of background: I got STO installed on a separate HD partition, one that everyone in the "Users" group has full access to. Fixes a lot of problems, but makes the whole "Elevation to Administrator" thing more of an annoyance than anything. Also, I'm running Server 2008, which seems to have a more UNIX styled separation of users than Vista/7.)

Anyway, just my $0.02CDN. I'll still keep using the mod, the added fanservice is will worth having to deal with a tiny bit of annoyance every-so-often.
Thanks for your comment, I think I understand your problem; I always run everything under a single, admin-level account, so I don't have the opportunity of discovering (and then, of course, fixing) annoyances like those! :p

In any event, I compile the installer with Inno Setup, so I browsed around the documentation and changed an option that might help; the option says it will "use the personal group" rather than the admin group. I've compiled a new .exe with this option enabled -- other than that, the content is exactly the same as version 2.2.1. See if it works for you; if it does I'll leave the option in place for all future installers (unless someone else complains about the lack of admin privlidge... :rolleyes:)

Attachments

CyberFoxx

Potential Patron
Hmm, sadly, still getting the elevation prompt when I run it, thus not grabbing the install directory. (Double-checked to make sure I was using the new file too. Same exact size, different MD5.) Inno must think it needs Administrator privileges for something.

Just as a test after reading the Inno Setup FAQ, I added my user account to the "Power Users" group. (Under 2K8 it only really exists for backwards compatibility.) Sadly, I get a "You must be logged in as an administrator when installing this program." error message then.

*Sigh* Windows security, it has gotten better, it just doesn't make sense and causes headaches sometimes. :rolleyes:
Oh well, was worth a try at least. This isn't really something to lose sleep over. As I said, I'll keep using the mod regardless.

Aha! "PrivilegesRequired", that's the Inno option you need to set. By default it's set to "admin", thus requiring admin privileges right off the bat. Setting it to "none" will make it not elevate itself. Thing is, if somebody is trying to install it into somewhere they don't have privileges ("C:\Program Files (x86)\" for example), it should error out. But they just have to do "Run as Administrator..." to fix that.

(Not sure, but I think both Microsoft's MSI installers and the opensource NSIS have an option to do some weird form of checking when installing, and only ask for elevation when it's actually required.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Password42

Content Creator
Ok, here's a build with PrivilegesRequired set to none. You're very correct on the issue of Program Files requiring admin level write access in recent Windowses, so I'll have to add a warning in the documentation about this. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Attachments

CyberFoxx

Potential Patron
Ok, here's a build with PrivilegesRequired set to none. You're very correct on the issue of Program Files requiring admin level write access in recent Windowses, so I'll have to add a warning in the documentation about this. Hopefully it won't be too much of an issue.

Cool, that one works perfectly. No elevation prompt, grabs the correct directory, and installs without any errors. :cool:

Password42

Content Creator
Version 2.2.2 released, download from first post as usual.

New Mods:

• New stockings replacers! Available in three styles, all thanks to the talented Spanner from Loverslab!
    • Lighter stockings
    • Small fishnets
    • Medium fishnets
Changes:

• Removed auto-administrator-permissions elevation.
    • This shouldn't affect most people, but if you run the installer from a non-admin account and it tries to access a protected area such as Program Files, it may fail. Should this happen, right click the installer and select "Run as administrator".

Password42

Content Creator
Version 2.2.3 released, download from first post as usual.

Changes:

• Fixed some missing Trill skin patterns when using the Formal Wear or Bikini options for Federation Crew under custom Playercostume mods.
  • Behind-the-scenes updates to all Animation mods, to hopefully resolve some crashing issues after the November 30 patch.
  • Updated the "Small fishnet" stockings texture (again courtesy of Spanner: http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=6332&pid=284903#pid284903)

L

Lemguard

Error opening file - please assist...screenshot attahed

Im getting an error when I download and open file (with winrar) please click on the screenshot below -
corrupt.JPG
im not sure wat Im doing wrong - tried from 2 different forums - same error...would you be able to link me a working copy- I also tried using a downloader which said filesize mismatch...please and thanks :)

here is the link to the file which I downloaded:
http://gamevixenzone.undertow.club/attachment.php?attachmentid=7009&d=1353903697

Juls

Casual Client
Try Nudecreator.org . Password42 has STO Mod on that site as well, it works fine as I downloaded it from that site when this one was down the other day. I hope that this info helps you. I have enclosed extract now in the tools section to help with easy extraction of files as it is a good little program.

G

Gandalf

Im getting an error when I download and open file (with winrar) please click on the screenshot below -
View attachment 7133
im not sure wat Im doing wrong - tried from 2 different forums - same error...would you be able to link me a working copy- I also tried using a downloader which said filesize mismatch...please and thanks :)

here is the link to the file which I downloaded:
http://gamevixenzone.undertow.club/attachment.php?attachmentid=7009&d=1353903697

I had no problem with the archive.Upload here the archive that's giving you a problem.

Password42

Content Creator
Well, the mods are causing crashes after today's patch, so I'll need to upload a new fixed version anyway. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Version 2.2.4 released, see first post for download as always.

Changes:

• Behind-the-scenes updates to all animation and breast jiggle mods to resolve issues after the December 6 patch.
  • Update to No-Launcher mod to resolve some hanging issues at "Connecting to login server..."

Go out and enjoy the Winter Wonderland!

Password42

Content Creator
Version 2.2.5 is up, first post as usual.

New Mods:

• Highres skin textures (by Spanner from Loverslab, thanks a million!)
    [If chosen, these are used instead of the skin textures from the original nude mod; they do not affect Ferasans/Caitians.]

Changes:

• Merged the "Improved Normal Maps" mod into the new "Highres skin textures" mods.
  • Behind-the-scenes updates to Breast Size mods to resolve some scaling issues after the Winter Wonderland patch.

NoOneInParticular

Potential Patron
Hello. I attempted to install your mod today ,23dec12, and the game crashed. It indicated a designation error pertaining to Sto_holstered_weapon. Hope this is helpful.

Password42

Content Creator
Hello. I attempted to install your mod today ,23dec12, and the game crashed. It indicated a designation error pertaining to Sto_holstered_weapon. Hope this is helpful.
That suggests you aren't using the most recent version. Try uninstalling and reinstalling using version 2.2.6.

A

artwatcher1

Very nice work, we/I appreciate all the talented people who share with us.

Seasons Greetings.

Tafari

Potential Patron
Great work Password42. Love what you've done here.

I know you said it was beyond the scope of this tutorial, but I was wondering if you could assist me with model-swapping?

I've attempted a few things so far. Using a hex editor I've noticed the mset files can be split into three main parts:
1) The name: ie GEO_Uniformu_DS9_01
2) the File info: Files1........6.Character_Library/Avatar/Female/F_Uniformu_Ds9_01.Geo2..RM9.Character_Library/Avatar/Female/F_Uniformu_Ds9_01.Lodinfo..... .Character_Library/Lod_Scales.Txt
3) The main bulk of the file. Unreadable hex

I've tried replacing the three parts independantly, and placing the mset in the appropriate localdata dir (bins\geobin\Cl\A\F) no combination seems to work. I've also tried renaming an mset and pasting that in there. The only result I've seen ingame, is a transparent bodypart where the replacement should be.

I notice that when using the custom installer, rather than installing the files manually, if I select the option to replace most female NPCs with TOS uniforms, something happens in the Localdata\bin with Gibbed.Cryptic.ConvertResource.exe and CompilePlayerCostumeClient.bat resulting in Playercostumeclient.bin, and some kind of conversion takes place? There are no mset files in sight afterwards.

Any pointers you could provide here would be highly appreciated :)

I don't mind fiddling around in hexeditors or cmd prompts. I aim to change all the Fed NPCs in my game to either late-DS9 to make it feel more Trekky.

When I've done I will happily contribute the files for you to include as an option in your installer if you wish.

[Update]
Nevermind, figured it out using the CompilePlayerCostumeClient.bat and editing the XMLs.

Boy there are a lot of XML files. Which ones did you use for the ESD TOS girls?

Cheers

Password42

Content Creator
If you want to change NPC costumes, it's fairly easy to understand, though the process requires a bit of time. You end up decompiling Playercostume.bin (following the tutorial in the second post of this thread) to get a zillion .xml files that you can edit and then recompile into a Playercostumeclient.bin. For example, all of the "Boff_Sf_*.xml" files control the random NPCs around ESD, player ships, etc. Many of the other filenames are self-explanatory. Opening an .xml file will reveal the various costume parts such as:

Code:
    <PCPart>
      <Bone>Stf_Uniformupper</Bone>
      <Geometry>F_Uniformu_Tosmirror_01</Geometry>
      <Material>F_Uniformu_Tosmirror_01_Character_Master_Basic_01</Material>
      <PatternTexture>F_Uniformu_Tosmirror_01_C</PatternTexture>
      <DetailTexture></DetailTexture>
      <SpecularTexture></SpecularTexture>
      <DiffuseTexture></DiffuseTexture>
      <Movable i:nil="true" />
      <Color_0>Kysr/w==</Color_0>
      <Color_1>XE4h/w==</Color_1>
      <Color_2>GBwh/w==</Color_2>
      <Color_3>Iysy/w==</Color_3>
      <CustomColors i:nil="true" />
      <TextureValues i:nil="true" />
      <ArtistData i:nil="true" />
      <ColorLink>None</ColorLink>
      <MaterialLink>None</MaterialLink>
      <ControlledRandomLocks>0</ControlledRandomLocks>
      <BoneGroupIndex>0</BoneGroupIndex>
      <Cloth i:nil="true" />
    </PCPart>

Probably the easiest way to change NPC costumes to something different is to find an NPC that has the costume bits you want and copy those over. Really, though, it's a lot of guesswork, trial, and error -- followed by the use of a program that can do bulk search/replace once you've found something that works. At least that's how I made my first NPC costume mods!

However, model-swapping for PLAYER costumes, not just NPC costumes, is a pain in the neck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.