Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
Hello everyone,
as i mentioned in a different thread before Can´t get the coloring right i want to request the full costume and hair of Spy Kat from the Gravity Rush series, mainly the outfit cause the hair is more or less done it´s "just" needs to be converted in a swf mod.

Catsuit
EDIT #2
I hope the res of these pics are in any use for you
Hair with cap
I already provided a svg file of what i already done File-Upload.net - KatSpy2.svg
stuntcock stuntcock also got a look on it so far and did make 2 files for testing purposes (thank you for that). So, if you like to continue working with me on this man, that would be awsome :grin:
Thank you

Last edited:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Hello Every_Tuesday Every_Tuesday .
This mod may seem simple, but I see some issues:
  • It is not very clear how the inverted tear shaped hole on the shoulder is cutted. It may be difficult to reproduce, because of clipping problems between the Arm and the Back layers. I made a trial that seem to be fine:
    zBdFPYi.gif
  • There will be clipping problems with the hole on her side, because it is located at the junction of two layers (possibly three with the breast). It may seem okay in some positions, if the girl do not move, but as soon as she'll start to breath deeply, the borders of the hole will start to be misaligned. Maybe the shape and/or location of the hole need to be changed, or maybe this hole will cause too many problems to be kept (I didn't made tests already).
  • The opening in the front may also be tricky to reproduce, again because of clipping problems between the layers.
  • It would be a good thing to make this mod RGB and breast size adaptable, I think it is possible to make a Vanilla mod with these features, but there will anyway be colour problems on the forearms if the skin tint is modified.
  • If a Vanilla mod is made, the gloves cannot be displayed in handjob position.
  • The boots are not well detailled on these references. The solution I propose is to take the bottom part of the Highheels included in the basic game and link them with the rest of the outfit. It wouldn't need much tracing, because Konashion's work would be stolen used in the process. :tongue: If you want different boots, I think that high resolution references may be necessary.
I can do this job eventually (I have a shitload of things to do at the moment) if you are okay with my proposals. If I cannot achieve what I projected (i.e. RGB adaptable mod), I'll pass the unfinished FLA to someone able to produce Loader mods.

Last edited:

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
Hello SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror
The opening in the front may also be tricky to reproduce, again because of clipping problems between the layers.
The opening in the front isn´t necessary. it was just to get the whole picture of how the costume looks like. You can´t see the front whole from side view in the first place so its no big deal if you dont make it but the holes on the side should be in the mod

There will be clipping problems with the hole on her side, because it is located at the junction of two layers (possibly three with the breast). It may seem okay in some positions, if the girl do not move, but as soon as she'll start to breath deeply, the borders of the hole will start to be misaligned. Maybe the shape and/or location of the hole need to be changed, or maybe this hole will cause too many problems to be kept (I didn't made tests already)
You can change the location or the shape if you want. Maybe more to the left down section near her hips? If you change the shape , pls keep the style of the shape so its fitting to the rest of the costume

• It would be a good thing to make this mod RGB and breast size adaptable, I think it is possible to make a Vanilla mod with these features, but there will anyway be colour problems on the forearms if the skin tint is modified.
  • If a Vanilla mod is made, the gloves cannot be displayed in handjob position.
Well its to complicated to accomplish in vanilla its fine by me to make it possible for the loader.

The boots are not well detailled on these references. The solution I propose is to take the bottom part of the Highheels included in the basic game and link them with the rest of the outfit. It wouldn't need much tracing, because Konashion's work would be stolen used in the process. :tongue: If you want different boots, I think that high resolution references may be necessary.
I can provide some more close up of her boots from in game shots if you want. I will shoot a few by new and edit them later in the post above. Was the resolution of the other ref shots at least okay? I can still edit them in higher density or so if you like. The problem i see however is to post some ref shots with clearer outlines cause the in game graphics didn´t provide realy that clear outlines.

I can do this job eventually (I have a shitload of things to do at the moment) if you are okay with my proposals. If I cannot achieve what I projected (i.e. RGB adaptable mod), I'll pass the unfinished FLA to someone able to produce Loader mods.
its okay when you don´t have the time to do so. Do not overdo yourself, but thanks for offering your help.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Well its to complicated to accomplish in vanilla its fine by me to make it possible for the loader.
The only problem with Vanilla may be the RGB slider, and that the gloves colour will be affected if the skin tint is changed.
It is also not possible to draw the gloves in the handjob position.
Anyway, this kind of mod is totally feasible with Vanilla.
I can provide some more close up of her boots from in game shots if you want.
In fact, is the shape of the lower part of the basic highheels is okay for you?
They look really alike the catsuit boots, that's why I am proposing this soution instead of completly redrawing them.
In fact, if you have higher resolution refs, provide them.

By the way, a point I didn't mention is the shading of the costume, that is nearly impossible to reproduce with the refs you provided.
An easy solution would be to edit dantethedarkprince dantethedarkprince 's Latex Outfit - Short Sleeves shades and light reflection, but it may look to shinny maybe?
What fabric is her outfit is made of in fact?

Also, how do you want the nipples to look like?
Not visible like on the game basic bra?
Pointing a little like on Dante's latex outfit?
pointing out much like on my stappy tops?

its okay when you don´t have the time to do so. Do not overdo yourself, but thanks for offering your help.
I am certainly going to do it, but I cannot tell when. It isn't a difficult thing to reproduce as there are almost no ornaments and the outifit follows the body lines (and I can plunder Kona's and Dante's existing mods also :grin:).

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
They look really alike the catsuit boots, that's why I am proposing this soution instead of completly redrawing them.
Wheren´t the edited close up´s i posted above not usable? I made some new ref shots just for the boots. i can look that i find more but for now thats all i have unfortunately.

Also, how do you want the nipples to look like?
I would say that the should just be pointing out a little so that you get the illusion of tension from the costume (which is supposed to look tightened) that puts the nipples a bit down. So decent i would say
By the way, a point I didn't mention is the shading of the costume, that is nearly impossible to reproduce with the refs you provided.
Wouldn´t it be the best to adapt the shading of the cap from the hair mod above? So that all looks alike. The shading is quite tricky in this one as it referes no clear gradient shapes.

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
What fabric is her outfit is made of in fact?
I would say its something equal to neoprene as the reflection is more diffuse

Can you post an example how these boots look like that you mentioned?

am certainly going to do it, but I cannot tell when. It isn't a difficult thing to reproduce as there are almost no ornaments and the outifit follows the body lines
Awsome thats a relief that it isn´t completely out of the table :grin:

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Every_Tuesday Every_Tuesday : I could do something (as I left my other duties aside :rolleyes:) and I have found a temporary solution for the side hole:
65AkQO4.png
The trick is that it is not a hole, but a shape filled with the skin colour. :grin:
The problem is that if the skin colour is changed, this will not change accordingly... But there may be a solution with a mask (see below)

By the way, do you like its shape and position?
If you would prefer something else, please edit my screenshot to show what you would like.

stuntcock stuntcock : I have two questions:

1. Is it possible (in Vanilla) to make a mask so the hole on the side (on the Back layer) will not clip with the fill (RGB) of the Chest layer? Here is the FLA: Outfit-KatsCatsuit.fla

2. I saw that the colour of the Top is slightly different from the one of the Bottoms, while they share the same RGB slider:
Xmea7ns.png
Is there is a way to avoid this, or at least to make it less noticeable?

stuntcock

Content Creator
There will be clipping problems with the hole on her side, because it is located at the junction of two layers (possibly three with the breast). It may seem okay in some positions, if the girl do not move, but as soon as she'll start to breath deeply, the borders of the hole will start to be misaligned. Maybe the shape and/or location of the hole need to be changed, or maybe this hole will cause too many problems to be kept (I didn't made tests already).
Damn, I hate this kind of problem. It can be solved so damned easily with FFD (freeform deformation). The artist would just draw his work, choose "automatic rigging", and then the clothing would automatically stretch in the same way as the underlying skin.

Without FFD we can reproduce this effect, but it requires us to either spend technical effort (on real-time fitting) or limit the artist's creativity (e.g. avoid all shading; use flat colors so that the stretching errors will be less visible; omit breast-slider support to simplify the fitting work; etc). The technical option is not a panacea, because it usually means that the source file becomes cluttered with undocumented code and sub-sprites; the artist may not be able to understand his own project anymore. You could ask @Huitznahua about the complexity of the FLA sources for the bikini mods; those files are quite intimidating.

I almost want to just ignore this stuff completely and instead spend all of my time working on a FFD-capable replacement for the whole game.

Back on topic: the side hole can potentially be implemented as a mask. The mask would respond to breathing and so it would grow/shrink slightly as the abdomen changes shape. It could be applied to any number of layers; you'd essentially draw a "complete" bodysuit and then the hole would be "subtracted" at runtime. It could potentially be combined with breast-slider support and RGB adjustment, since you'd be applying those techniques conventionally (to the full bodysuit) without worrying about the hole.

The key limitations are:
  • the aforementioned technique would require the SDT Loader. Vanilla users would be unable to enjoy the costume.
  • by default, the mask would simply be a hole in the fabric. We could do some extra work to add realism details (such as an outline separating the fabric from the bare skin, stitching details around the hole, etc).
  • the masks impose a runtime performance penalty; FPS will be reduced somewhat (perhaps 1-2 FPS less than a "normal" bodysuit without any holes).
The trick is that it is not a hole, but a shape filled with the skin colour. :grin:
The problem is that if the skin colour is changed, this will not change accordingly... But there may be a solution with a mask (see below)
Clever trick. If we're making a Loader mod then we can draw a skin-filled teardrop shape and adjust its color to match the girl's skin. Or we can just apply a Mask -- as you suggested.

1. Is it possible (in Vanilla) to make a mask so the hole on the side (on the Back layer) will not clip with the fill (RGB) of the Chest layer? Here is the FLA: Outfit-KatsCatsuit.fla
Note: Your file looks OK, but I'm not going to make any edits unless this becomes a Loader project. My role would be to apply AS3 or physics stuff after the shape and shading have already been established (because I cannot create those artistic details on my own). So please feel free to continue experimenting with it.

We could probably create the Mask effect which you've suggested, but the coding (for vanilla) would be very messy. I'd prefer to simply draw the items in a way which avoids overlap. Or draw the teardrop skin element on the BACK layer, so that the question of overlap becomes moot. Or draw the bodysuit+boots+sleeves+tail+etc, publish it in SWF format, then convert it into a Loader project and try to tackle the "bonus" items (physics-animated tail, stretchy hole in bodysuit, etc).

2. I saw that the colour of the Top is slightly different from the one of the Bottoms, while they share the same RGB slider:
Confirmed: I can recreate this error when testing the costume locally.

SDT has imperfect color fidelity; I've noticed 0xFFFFFF backgrounds being displayed as 0xFEFEFE. There are presumably a few overlying layers (such as hair layers, semen layer, etc) which mess things up.

Is there is a way to avoid this, or at least to make it less noticeable?
I don't know how to fix it, and the problem seems very minor to me (RGB ±1). Dante's work (such as the latex bodysuit) exhibits the same problem, and yet I've never seen any complaints from his fans about the color-change border effects :)

I don't intend to spend any time on this problem, and I would encourage you to ignore it.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
We could probably create the Mask effect which you've suggested, but the coding (for vanilla) would be very messy. I'd prefer to simply draw the items in a way which avoids overlap. Or draw the teardrop skin element on the BACK layer, so that the question of overlap becomes moot. Or draw the bodysuit+boots+sleeves+tail+etc, publish it in SWF format, then convert it into a Loader project and try to tackle the "bonus" items (physics-animated tail, stretchy hole in bodysuit, etc).
Okay, so I'll try to draw a proper hole on the Back layer with some material on the right of it, and draw a thiner Chest layer, or maybe draw the hole a bit more to the left.
If it is not possible, I'll rely on that teardrop shape filled with skin colour, modify the SWF Custom Data to match this, and ask for a revision of my work so it becomes a Loader thing, with proper handjob position of hands, arms clothes put on proper costume layers and a dynamic tail. Guess who will have to do this job. :tongue:
I would encourage you to ignore it.
In fact I didn't noticed it when I made Dante's Latex Outfits example images.
Anyway, I think it is only noticeable with some colours, so I'll rely on the usual behaviour of random SDT mods users: focus on bouncing boobs/butt and do not notice minor flaws. :rolleyes:

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
Wow so much response. Thats to much to handle for me:rolleyes:

The mask would respond to breathing and so it would grow/shrink slightly as the abdomen changes shape.

If we're making a Loader mod then we can draw a skin-filled teardrop shape and adjust its color to match the girl's skin. Or we can just apply a Mask -- as you suggested.

If it is not possible, I'll rely on that teardrop shape filled with skin colour, modify the SWF Custom Data to match this
Really nifty :grin: The Idea of the Mask is quite interesting, if it´s possible that is. If not, or to difficult to accomplish in the end, we can always go back to the skin color shape. But of curse you can as much experiment as you want on that mod, cause i like what i see so far :grin:

By the way, do you like its shape and position?
If you would prefer something else, please edit my screenshot to show what you would like.
image3856.png
The shape looks good, in fact a little to good and to symmetrical. I would like to see some shape like that, a little bit wider so it matches the size of the shoulder hole and following the stitching of the body.

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
The Idea of the Mask is quite interesting, if it´s possible that is. If not, or to difficult to accomplish in the end, we can always go back to the skin color shape. But of curse you can as much experiment as you want on that mod, cause i like what i see so far :grin:
I managed to make a proper hole by drawing it on the Back layer and adding some material on its right, while making the Chest thiner. There is only the bottom line of the breast that shows on the bigger breast sizes.
The shape looks good, in fact a little to good and to symmetrical. I would like to see some shape like that, a little bit wider so it matches the size of the shoulder hole and following the stitching of the body.
Okay for the shape of the hole, but it is not possible for the stich, because it is located on two different layers and even if I manage to make it continuous, there would be an angle on the joining point. The best is to forgot about it.

By the way, I would need some high resolution refs for the collar, seen exactly from the side and with good lighting.

Every_Tuesday

Content Creator
Yay, the site is back on again :grin:
Okay for the shape of the hole, but it is not possible for the stich, because it is located on two different layers and even if I manage to make it continuous, there would be an angle on the joining point. The best is to forgot about it.
Well, the stitching was primarly for showing purpose how it would affect the hole-shape (should have mentioned that earlier:oops:)

By the way, I would need some high resolution refs for the collar, seen exactly from the side and with good lighting
I edited some shots in the first post above. The ingame shots aren´t really that highly detailed most of the time because of its artstyle. If the lighting doesn´t suits you, i always can make some new shots for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.