Software for mods (1 Viewer)

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
Didn't have too much time to mess around today, i'll probably ask you for help when i'll have more time on my hands.

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
Hey, i finally decided to start making my mod, which is a body mod. I'm stuck with painting tho, it seems that i paint over lines i want to preserve and stepping out of bounds very easily, is there a way to prevent your brush tool from doing that, like a magic wand tool or something?
EDIT: Also, the brush tool keeps messing with my lines if i step too close, is that normal?

Last edited:

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
I redone everything without using the brush tool and it went way faster. If i want to test in-game to see if it looks good, how do i enable/save the mod, i tried removing "//" like the guide says but it doesn't work when i save it as swf. and load it.

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Have you drag and drop your mod on the main screen ? Do you have set an instance name (like "stockings") in the properties panel ? Do you have add the reference to the instance name on the actions panel (like
Code:
registerMod(stockings);
?

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
Drag and drop "her layout" right? When i do that i don't see anything but the name shows up in properties, and where do i add registerMod?

EDIT: woops, i was drag and dropping it when i was on the wrong frame, it's here, what next?

Last edited:

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Sorry, when I was reffering to "registermod..." it's specific to the template that I'm using (maybe you are using an another template !)
I don't want to force you to exactly follow my steps but for the records I'm using the sbyTemplate3.

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
Okay, when i try to export it as a .swf, it says something like "invoking potential unidentified method newthighr" (newthighr is also the name of the mod)

Huitznahua

Content Creator
Ok my apologies for my previous comments, we don't use the same template. I've misled you, I'm sorry.

You don't need to drag and drop your mod in the main windows. So delete what you drop on the Layer 1.
You just need to modify some lines in your Actions windows, it should looks like that :
Code:
//---------------------------right thigh
    thighr = new newthighr();

//adds as skin - follows HSL sliders on Options tab
//    loader.loadManual(thighr, her.torso.leg.thigh);
//    loader.XYRA(thighr, "x:141.5;y:139;r:0;a:1");

//adds as costume - ignores HSL sliders on Options tab
    loader.loadManual(thighr, her.torso.rightThighCostume);

You don't need to delete the "//" before "calfr = newcalfr();" because you don't draw anyting on the calf.

If you have trouble to publish, take a look on the publishing preferences (personnaly I've got some trouble with the save filepath).

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
Thank you, it works, tested it out and ummm, it's working, but it looks weird, export it into .swf and try it, i have no idea how to explain it. The only explanation i can come up with is that the angle doesn't change at all. But overall i'm glad my first simple mod works more or less. Also i'm off to sleep, i'll check your reply tomorrow.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Okay, when i try to export it as a .swf, it says something like "invoking potential unidentified method newthighr" (newthighr is also the name of the mod)
This error occured for a very unintuitive reason. I'll need to explain some of the background. There are three general techniques for SDT modding:

1. Template-based modding
    • In this approach, each symbol that you draw is accompanied by a small chunk of ActionScript code, which tells the game "what it is" (e.g. a glove, a strand of hair, a nipple piercing, etc)
      • These categories were predefined by @Konashion (although @sby has made some extensions), and they have strict rules about how they use layers (e.g. a Top will always be short-sleeved, because it does not allow you to draw anything on the girl's forearms). They also lack some advanced features -- gloves drawn in this way will not work with handjob mode.
      • You can overcome some of these limits with creative thinking (e.g. drawing fabric "tattoos" on the girl's forearms to compensate for the lack of long sleeves), but such tricks are easier for SDT veterans than for a new modder.
      • If your idea does not fit into these categories, then you may need to switch to the second technique.
        • Note: this technique is capable of handling clothing and tattoos. So it might be adequate for your first mod idea.
      • Mods created via this technique tend to be somewhat more amenable to mix-and-match combinations with other mods (at the player's discretion). In particular, they can be used with sby's moreClothing mod.
    • Some symbols will contain multiple sub-elements. A pair of pants will probably contain Left Thigh, Right Thigh, Left Calf, Right Calf, Torso, and Back. A shoe might contain an internal RGBFill layer which is intended to be recolored by the player during gameplay.
    • An instance of each item must be pasted onto the main Stage (as you did in your Test2.fla file). Each instance must be given a unique name, and then this name must appear as an argument to a registerMod(...) call in the main ActionScript block.
      • Only the top-level symbols (such as the Top, or the pair of Shoes) need to appear on the main Stage. Their subsidiary elements (such as Right Thigh, RGBFill, etc) will automatically be carried along.
      • The name given to each subsidiary element must be precise. If your Left Thigh piece is not actually named "leftThigh", then it won't appear when the mod is loaded. If your shoe's RGBFill layer isn't named "rgbFill" then it cannot be recolored by the player.
  2. Loader scripting
    • In this approach, each symbol is independent. Faceless Faceless has identified all of the possible items which can be included in a SDT mod, and has given you a suitable canvas for each one.
      • Since each element is independent, it can be tough to envision how everything will fit together (e.g. "will there be unpleasant overlap at the elbow?"). Fortunately, Faceless Faceless has also given you the "His Layout" and "Her Layout" shapes which show everything in context.
    • There's one big ActionScript code block instead of several small ones.
    • You almost never need to worry about names.
    • Once you've drawn your new shapes, you uncomment the relevant lines from the big ActionScript block.
      • In most cases, you can simply leave the uncommented code as-is. It will ensure that each symbol gets drawn onto the appropriate layer of the game's visuals, at the correct size, and with the correct alignment w/r/t its neighbors.
      • If you begin to tinker with the numerical or literal arguments (to the loadManual and XYRA function calls) then strange things may occur.
      • You can adjust the ActionScript code to suit an advanced projects (such as changing the anatomy of the girl's heels) ... but it probably isn't necessary for this project.
    • It isn't necessary (or appropriate) to drop anything onto your main Stage.
    • It's possible to use this technique for simple projects (such as a pair of shoes) but this is rarely done. Vanilla mods are slightly more compatible and easier to use, so we tend not to create a Loader mod unless we actually need the extra power and flexibility that it provides.
  3. Code mods
    • It's possible for a mod to include no artwork at all. Instead, it injects new code (or modifies existing code within the game) so as to alter the gameplay experience.
    • Such mods don't require Adobe software for their creation.

This particular error occurred because you're using the second of the three techniques described above, and because you instantiated one of your symbols onto the main stage of your FLA file. When you told Flash to register a component named "newthighr", it looked for an element with that name on the main stage. It found no such element, and displayed an error message.

If your main stage is empty, then Flash will instead check whether this name matches the ActionScript registration name of any symbol included in the project. It will then find a match, compilation will proceed, the SWF will be created, and you can proceed with testing and modding work.

Oktoberfest

Potential Patron
I don't have any errors anymore and mod loads normally, but it doesn't work as intended, i kinda want to resolve this problem first before doing anything else, here's the .swf, if you load it you'll see it.

Attachments

Test2.swf
44.2 KB · Views: 87

Huitznahua

Content Creator
You need to uncoment the lines after "remove thigh costume mask". Your code should looks like this :
Code:
//---------------------------right thigh
    thighr = new newthighr();

//adds as skin - follows HSL sliders on Options tab
//    loader.loadManual(thighr, her.torso.leg.thigh);
//    loader.XYRA(thighr, "x:141.5;y:139;r:0;a:1");

//adds as costume - ignores HSL sliders on Options tab
    loader.loadManual(thighr, her.torso.rightThighCostume);

//remove thigh costume mask
    her.torso.rightThighCostume.mask = her.torso.getChildAt(
        her.torso.getChildIndex(her.torso.rightThighCostume)-1
    );
    rthighmask = her.torso.rightThighCostume.mask;
    her.torso.rightThighCostume.mask = null;
    rthighmask.visible = false;

Faceless

Content Creator
As a general tip, the AS3 should have been folded into blocks. Take a look at everything in the block corresponding to what you've done to see if any of it is applicable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.