Shadow5000's Shadow Dialogue Thread Update 10/20/13 (1 Viewer)

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
Welcome to my Dialogues
black-cat.jpg
I'm watching you.​

Welcome to my Dialogue thread. Here you will find my dialogue that I make. If it doesn't look like there is a lot, don't worry. I'll have more uploaded soon. Feel free to request any dialogue. I'm a little new at dialogues, but if you want quality stuff, check out my imports.

Warning: Some of these dialogues seem like fanfictions. I don't know if that is good or bad.

To do list is the 3rd post on here

Latest Update:Fixed Xenomorph and added more lines

Xenomorph dialogue (recommend that you use my Xeno mod in my imports)

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!EYJyGIbJ!YUfi6Gf6mR1i4Tdl1uiaZm2_MsABAuMwPFLx0cYJSxo

Frieza & Goku dialogue (recommend you use Dante's loader Frieza and mike's Goku (can be found in Dante's loader thread))

Download:
https://mega.co.nz/#!hYoU0ToJ!e9GyuC4nW19igCeKAOCDJkoS_lBEWEO9aAcLNTxCvKQ

Hope you like them. 8)

Update log:
8/12/13: Fixed Frieza dialogue
10/20/13: Fixed Xenomorph dialogue

AaRL

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Shadow5000's Shadow Dialogue Thread

You should really check out Pim_gd Dialogue Checker and run your dialogues through them. They help find over sights and errors in your dialogues. In your current versions, you have several errors across both.

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=3820.0

Also when I am starting a new dialogue or looking for ideas. I download random ones across the board. I look at writing styles, techniques and other tricks along the way. Check out the guides too. They're stickered at the top of the dialogue section

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
Dialogue To Do List: Update 12/23/13

R= Request
S= I want to do it

To do:
-Xenomorph 2(S)
-Rachael from Las Lindas (Character in my import thread)(S)
-Wolf dialogue (Male) (R)
-Shadow dialogue (S)

Pim_gd

Content Creator

This...
This is actually quite bad, I'm sorry to say.
Frieza and Goku has 16 lines (I'm not counting the intro), so there's not a lot of content going on, just a lot of intro dialogue...
And modifying it is made hard because it seems you made the dialogue in-game, then exported it to a textfile.
Lets see if I can clean this up, see what's hidden underneath the mess.

EDIT:
I managed to sort the lines of the Frieza and Goku dialogue. It is broken.
Intro has held:false, next:intro1
Intro1 has held:true

Playtest your dialogues!

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor

Pim_gd said:
This...
This is actually quite bad, I'm sorry to say.
Frieza and Goku has 16 lines (I'm not counting the intro), so there's not a lot of content going on, just a lot of intro dialogue...
And modifying it is made hard because it seems you made the dialogue in-game, then exported it to a textfile.
Lets see if I can clean this up, see what's hidden underneath the mess.

I was trying to make it into a story, but since you pointed it out I will work on it, savvy?

Pim_gd

Content Creator

Alright I can see that I need to adjust the checker to differentiate between "Bad style" and "Does not work" as a lot of the things that are seemingly wrong do seem to work for SDT. It's just messy.
I'll post a list of issues for both dialogues as I look them through.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor

Pim_gd said:
Alright I can see that I need to adjust the checker to differentiate between "Bad style" and "Does not work" as a lot of the things that are seemingly wrong do seem to work for SDT. It's just messy.
I'll post a list of issues for both dialogues as I look them through.
Okay, thanks. I'm new to dialogue so thanks for helping. And If it seems there is only intros, it's because these are supposed to be stories.

Pim_gd

Content Creator

For Frieza and Goku dialogue:

Logical Errors:
-"Intro 0" is unused
-one of the intro lines (the one that leads to intro1, line 4) requires that held be false. The line it leads to requires held to be true.
-intro 41 sets the mood to HAPPY_MOOD, then continues on to "intro 42". However, "intro 42" requires that the mood be Normal.

Scripting Style:
-A lot of lines use spaces in their linenames. This is confusing to work with and I'm surprised you got it right.
-Minimalize restrictions. The intro dialogue is an un-interrupted dialogue (as in conversation between two people) with one entry point (intro1).
So if you're past intro1, you don't need to check for mood status or whether she's held or not etc.

Grammar:
- You/I/We/Someone has to fix that later. My advice: use word or some other text processor that has grammar control built in.
- Add sentence endings (?, ., !, ...), dialogue is not online chat

Spelling:
- Run word on this thing

Don't fix this "in-game" as it will only mess the source file up. Just use notepad to clean it up.

For the xenomorph dialogue:
Logical Errors:
-There is no way to start up the intro sequence, as the "intro1" line is unused.
-"lick_balls" leads to an infinite loop.

Scripting Style:
- Same thing here. A lot of lines use spaces in their linenames. This is confusing, blah blah blah dont't do it.
- Minimalize restrictions.
- You require held to be true for some reason. Don't do that. Instead, just grab her at intro1.

Grammar:
- Seems to be of higher quality. Run it through word just to be sure.
- Missing sentence ending for the "first_throat" line.

Attachments

Frieza and GokuSORTED.txt
6.6 KB · Views: 196

xenomorphSORTED.txt
4.1 KB · Views: 251

Pim_gd

Content Creator

I suggest you download the sorted versions and then use notepad to fix them. If you fix the dialogues with the built-in system, I think the lines will get scrambled again.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor

Pim_gd said:
I suggest you download the sorted versions and then use notepad to fix them. If you fix the dialogues with the built-in system, I think the lines will get scrambled again.

Okay, thanks for helping me. I mainly work on body mods so this is all new to me. Thanks again!

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
Re: Shadow5000's Shadow Dialogue Thread Update 8/12/13

Dante said:
Have to point out that Goku is NOT mine. Goku's outfit is a Mike mod ;)

Whoops, sorry. My mind is so messed up now since I'm getting ready to travel. I'll be gone for a week :(, but when I get back I'll be faster than ever.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
Well, I'm back to dialogue's. It's been a while since I last made a dialogue, or even looked at one. To start it off, I fixed the Xeno dialogue that I set off for 2 months, and I added more lines in it. Next up will be Xeno V2 which will continue from the first.

One With The Shadows

Vivacious Visitor
eriste said:
yes that is the one i'm talking about.
I'll put it on the list, but you won't have to wait long, unlike the requests for imports. :( Too much to do with so little time.

Actually you'll have to. Sorry. :-[

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.