Sdt with loader flash conversion. (1 Viewer)

would you be willing to take the time to combine Sdt and a compatible loader into a single swf file

• Total voters

SecretSociety6;)

Potential Patron
I wanted to know if it was possible for someone to upload a flash version of super deepthroat with a loader installed because i think it would be easier for new players to download and install with loaders attached to the main game meaning one file of swf which can than be converted to apk with swfchan swf to apk to have it more accessible and usable on mobile which for me i already use mobile and it runs almost flawlessly on my device which isnt a tablet but a smartphone. I think it would benifit any new players to already be in an easy to install package.

aztlan

Casual Client
A pack which combined them would be almost as good and much easier. sby has done something similar (with some of his own and other popular mods added). So have many dialogue writers.

SecretSociety6;)

Potential Patron
A pack which combined them would be almost as good and much easier. sby has done something similar (with some of his own and other popular mods added). So have many dialogue writers.
So do you have any links were i can download them or do you know if they are swf files

sby

Content Creator
Coder
even if the loader and sdt swfs were combined, you then have whatever mods in swf format as well. would kinda lose the point of the modding flexibility if you lock it down to a single swf build.

also, my pack is a collection of pre setup mods with some convenient shortcuts, they are not merged swf files

SecretSociety6;)

Potential Patron
even if the loader and sdt swfs were combined, you then have whatever mods in swf format as well. would kinda lose the point of the modding flexibility if you lock it down to a single swf build.

also, my pack is a collection of pre setup mods with some convenient shortcuts, they are not merged swf files
Im confuse aren't the mods always supposed to be in swf format

stuntcock

Content Creator
Im confuse aren't the mods always supposed to be in swf format
If Loader.swf can launch SDT.swf then there's no need for a single merged file. People would simply download an existing Loader package, deploy it onto their phone's filesystem, and then run Loader.swf using a sideloaded SWF player (or a legacy browser app).

If Loader.swf can't open SDT.swf then SDT.swf won't be able to access .\Mods\SexySpectacles.swf. In order for the game to include sexy spectacles, that mod would need to be incorporated into the single SWF file. Each pair of spectacles would need to be hardcoded into SDT.swf, in the same way as the vanilla eyewear. The person assembling the APK package would need to do the same for hundreds of imports: clothing, accessories, hairstyles, backgrounds, dialogues, etc. Any content excluded from the package would become inaccessible to smartphone users. The modding scene would be very different; you'd presumably have a few curators serving as intermediaries (preparaing and publishing APK files) instead of users downloading SWF files on their own initiative. Patches, updates, and customization/personalization would be much more complicated.

--------------------------​

Flash games in general (and SDT in particular) suffer poor performance even on high-spec PCs. If you run the game on your phone then its graphical quality and framerate will become even worse. Loader mods also tend to worsen performance problems -- by introducing additional clothing layers, creating excessive bukkake scenes, performing complex anatomy replacements, failing to cleanup unused sprites, etc. Many Loader mods rely on keyboard shortcuts (such as the F2 key in animtools) or combination mouse gestures (such as Shift + LMB + drag); such actions would be tricky to perform on a virtual keyboard. SDT is hardcoded to employ a 4:3 aspect ratio and its UI doesn't fit properly onto a 16:9 display.

You're asking someone to put in considerable amount of work, in order to deliver a more convenient and accessible version of a game. That's a worthy goal. But the finished product would be slow, awkward to use, and probably disappointing for any first-time users. Veteran users would probably try it out, say "that's neat", and then delete the APK and go back to playing the game on PC. The development of this new package would involve infringement of intellectual property, since you'd be merging code and assets from various people (most obviously @Konashion and @ModGuy) and then tinkering everything so that it fits together. Any effort expended on the Android SWF would be "orphaned": it would not lead to any improvements for PC users, and it would not generate a usable iOS build of the game. It's possible that the total number of man-hours needed to create this product would exceed the combined number of man-hours spent by everyone playing the Android version of the game.

If you're dedicated to the idea then I would encourage you to focus your attention on a remake project. It's entirely possible to have a SDT-like game on your phone. The game would simply need to include smartphone support as a design goal. That single goal would influence many aspects of the game's development: the selection (or creation) of an underlying game engine, the game's UI, control scheme, file system, modding framework, local data storage, network access policy, privacy features, etc.

SecretSociety6;)

Potential Patron
If Loader.swf can launch SDT.swf then there's no need for a single merged file. People would simply download an existing Loader package, deploy it onto their phone's filesystem, and then run Loader.swf using a sideloaded SWF player (or a legacy browser app).

If Loader.swf can't open SDT.swf then SDT.swf won't be able to access .\Mods\SexySpectacles.swf. In order for the game to include sexy spectacles, that mod would need to be incorporated into the single SWF file. Each pair of spectacles would need to be hardcoded into SDT.swf, in the same way as the vanilla eyewear. The person assembling the APK package would need to do the same for hundreds of imports: clothing, accessories, hairstyles, backgrounds, dialogues, etc. Any content excluded from the package would become inaccessible to smartphone users. The modding scene would be very different; you'd presumably have a few curators serving as intermediaries (preparaing and publishing APK files) instead of users downloading SWF files on their own initiative. Patches, updates, and customization/personalization would be much more complicated.

--------------------------​

Flash games in general (and SDT in particular) suffer poor performance even on high-spec PCs. If you run the game on your phone then its graphical quality and framerate will become even worse. Loader mods also tend to worsen performance problems -- by introducing additional clothing layers, creating excessive bukkake scenes, performing complex anatomy replacements, failing to cleanup unused sprites, etc. Many Loader mods rely on keyboard shortcuts (such as the F2 key in animtools) or combination mouse gestures (such as Shift + LMB + drag); such actions would be tricky to perform on a virtual keyboard. SDT is hardcoded to employ a 4:3 aspect ratio and its UI doesn't fit properly onto a 16:9 display.

You're asking someone to put in considerable amount of work, in order to deliver a more convenient and accessible version of a game. That's a worthy goal. But the finished product would be slow, awkward to use, and probably disappointing for any first-time users. Veteran users would probably try it out, say "that's neat", and then delete the APK and go back to playing the game on PC. The development of this new package would involve infringement of intellectual property, since you'd be merging code and assets from various people (most obviously @Konashion and @ModGuy) and then tinkering everything so that it fits together. Any effort expended on the Android SWF would be "orphaned": it would not lead to any improvements for PC users, and it would not generate a usable iOS build of the game. It's possible that the total number of man-hours needed to create this product would exceed the combined number of man-hours spent by everyone playing the Android version of the game.

If you're dedicated to the idea then I would encourage you to focus your attention on a remake project. It's entirely possible to have a SDT-like game on your phone. The game would simply need to include smartphone support as a design goal. That single goal would influence many aspects of the game's development: the selection (or creation) of an underlying game engine, the game's UI, control scheme, file system, modding framework, local data storage, network access policy, privacy features, etc.
Thank you for the response i see that this is a complicated issues that would take along time to complete im going to leave the thread up so it might spark interest in the community and people could see this and create conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.