SDT Loader question (1 Viewer)

aztlan

Casual Client
Try downloading a pack and see how that's set up. For example see sby's pack:

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=2888.0

or Fleack's Bundle:

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=6286.0

See how these are one and copy the scheme (or just use one of them).

A

asadpotato

OK, so I recently stumbled across this game in a forum... I was wondering, could somebody explain (or show me a thread that does) on how to make the game work... The farthest I've gotten is downloading the ZIP file, then it says to use Adobe Flash... but I don't know what to do... also, I would like to be able to use the mods people keep talking about so if you could explain the setup for those too it would be appreciated. Oh, and if it means anything, I am on Windows 8.1

X

xtremer

Could i request a feature?
Could you make it so that instead of showing "Mod failed to load" it shows "$ModName failed to load" where $ModName is the mod name.

jsilver

Potential Patron
Is there a place to download old versions of the loader?
There are some mods that have been broken by newer versions, and I still can't find anywhere that hosts older versions.

If someone has them on their computer, I'd be willing to setup a fileshare or the like.

Faceless

Content Creator
Hey ModGuy, I've a question about method proxies. If I'm understanding the dev guide correctly, post methods are always called after the proxied method returns. So would I be able to define a post method that polls a vanilla RGB slider value and apply it to some component? Because right now that's done via a Event.ENTER_FRAME listener, which is basically dead code since from a computational standpoint the user only rarely changes slider values.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Faceless said:
Hey ModGuy, I've a question about method proxies. If I'm understanding the dev guide correctly, post methods are always called after the proxied method returns. So would I be able to define a post method that polls a vanilla RGB slider value and apply it to some component?
Yes, that will work. I prefer to use PRE, because the incoming changes get passed in to your PRE method as parameters -- instead of needing to retrieve them within the body of your POST method (which feels a bit sloppy). However, the difference is negligible in this case so use whatever fits your needs.

Here's an example which allows an arbitrary object (such as a bracelet, or a hairband, or a strand of hair) to be slaved to an arbitrary RGB slider. Hence, adjusting the sliders for the bra (or pants, or whatever) will cause any RGBFill and RGBFill2 elements within the bracelet (or hairband, or whatever) to acquire the same coloration.

Code:
// Lookup the necessary SDT class (note: this only needs to be done once, e.g. during mod init)
var CharacterElementHelper:Class = main.eDOM.getDefinition("obj.CharacterElementHelper") as Class;

// Identify the target object which will be involved in the special ARGB activity
var target = TODO;    // you'll need to choose the appropriate object

// Identify the mod category whose ARGB sliders will be applied to the target
var elementHelperName:String = "braControl";    // or "topControl", "pantiesControl", "bottomsControl", etc
var elementHelper = (g.characterControl[elementHelperName] as CharacterElementHelper);

// Attach the proxy
if (elementHelper != null) {
	// Proxy the SetFill function so that we can react to any ARGB slider activity in the UI
	var setFill = (lProxy as Class).createProxy(elementHelper, "setFill");
	setFill.addPre(setFill_Special_Wrapper(target, elementHelper), false);

// Perform an immediate "reaction" to ensure that the target object has the correct color-fill
	setFill_Special(target, elementHelper, elementHelper.rgb1, "rgbFill");
	setFill_Special(target, elementHelper, elementHelper.rgb2, "rgbFill2");
}

function setFill_Special(target:Object, elementHelper:Object, argb:Object, targetName:String = "rgbFill") : void {
	try { 
		var argbTransform:ColorTransform = new ColorTransform(1, 1, 1, argb.a, argb.r, argb.g, argb.b);
		elementHelper.tryToSetFillChildren(target, targetName, argbTransform);
	} catch (myError:Error) { }
}

function setFill_Special_Wrapper(target:Object, elementHelper:Object) {
	return function(argb:Object, targetName:String = "rgbFill"):void {
		setFill_Special(target, elementHelper, argb, targetName);
	}
}

Faceless

Content Creator
Pre methods work for RGB sliders, but some of the methods I'm writing rely on various state changes that need to have already been applied (most notably her right hand glove).

Also, having actually done some fiddling, even the methods that don't rely on state changes tend to throw argument count mismatch errors upon switching between his body types when implemented as pre methods. Not sure what's going on there, but implementing everything as post methods seemingly avoids the problem. *shrugs*

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
Hi I have Loader v5.37. If I'm not a SDT modder, is there any reason for me to update to the newest version? I like the SDT intro chime. ::)

On the Loader tab, can someone list the important functionalities. After years of using this Loader I finally know what the "Arm" button does, and it's awesome. What additional features am I not aware of? What do the "Back" and "Fix Shoulder" buttons do?

stuntcock

Content Creator
PyramidHead said:
Hi I have Loader v5.37. If I'm not a SDT modder, is there any reason for me to update to the newest version? I like the SDT intro chime. ::)
The newer version adds some "backend" features which modders sometimes rely upon. If you refuse to upgrade, then some Loader mods will not work correctly for you. For example: Huit's bikinis require Loader 5.42 or greater; the same requirement applies to the Angela Cykes dynamic hairstyle.

PyramidHead

Potential Patron
stuntcock said:
If you refuse to upgrade, then some Loader mods will not work correctly for you. For example: Huit's bikinis require Loader 5.42 or greater; the same requirement applies to the Angela Cykes dynamic hairstyle.
Oh wow... I wasn't aware that there were still such major developments going on for this humble little Flash program. You revamped hair physics? Huit went mad and drew bikinis 154 times? That's certainly worth upgrading for, then! I'll just fire up Kona's default SDT if I ever need to hear the chime, LOL.

VenomBrony

Potential Patron
how i can run it ? i download 5.45 and i don't how i can run it.
my sdt is 1.21.1b and here is application but in 5.45 disappeared.
what i must to do to open 5.45. :'(

kirkm

Avid Affiliate
Is there an archive of loaders? (I'm not finding one using the search feature.) I wasn't around for a while, and downloaded the 5.45 yesterday, only to discover I am among those for whom things didn't appear in the mods I'd created. There were a lot of mods between what I was using and 5.45 and I'm thinking I'd like to find the one which works best for me.

stuntcock

Content Creator
Is there an archive of loaders? (I'm not finding one using the search feature.)
Officially, no. The XenForo Resource system will ameliorate this problem by giving users access to previous versions of files, but it isn't online yet. And even when it is officially launched, it won't magically acquire a complete revision history of existing files. Users such as ModGuy will need to manually inject each version in chronological order (with patch notes), and I imagine that most of them will skip the hassle and just upload the latest files instead.

You can find a few older Loader files among sby's older files. For example: Loader Pack 4 contains Loader 5.41.

ModGuy still visits the forum occasionally, so there's a chance that he'll see your request.

things didn't appear in the mods I'd created.
Make a post on the Loader board. Where incompatibilities exist, I'd rather focus our efforts on fixing them instead of seeing users running various outdated versions. The older versions are incapable of running some of the new content, which will probably lead to spurious bug reports and general confusion.

kirkm

Avid Affiliate
Thanks for pointing me at the Loader Pack. I should probably try and resolve the issues I'm having with the newest version, but truth be told I'm not very skilled and I see a number of posts from other folk having the same issue so I'm hoping one of you more talented people will come up with a simple fix for the rest of us. I'm also looking forward to the XenForo Resource coming on-line at some point.

stuntcock

Content Creator
I see a number of posts from other folk having the same issue so I'm hoping one of you more talented people will come up with a simple fix for the rest of us.
You haven't actually told us which issue it is. Whatever talents we may possess, telepathy isn't one of them.

If the issue is one involving character-folder loading in DialogueActions then that's based on an outdated code snippet included within DA; it can't really be fixed in the Loader.

I'm also looking forward to the XenForo Resource coming on-line at some point.
Yeah, it's a very promising feature. Keep in mind that it will take a while to migrate and tag all of the old content, though. It will be a few weeks before the system begins to deliver the user-experience-improvements which it promises.

kirkm

Avid Affiliate
I thought I had expressed my problem. The mods I've created, using an older loader, can't be accessed using the newest loader. (I may have expressed that poorly. If I had the technical language to explain the problem I might be able to resolve it.) I noticed some other threads that have been started expressing that same issue (or what I take to be the same issue), and I read them in hopes of seeing a solution. In one thread someone said the issue was related to a glitch in Dialogue Action. I don't know if that is the case, but will keep following those threads to see if a solution is offered. (And I'll also double-check the software on my computer to make sure it is compatible with the newest loader – been there, done that a few times.)

stuntcock

Content Creator
I thought I had expressed my problem. The mods I've created, using an older loader, can't be accessed using the newest loader.
Looking through your post history, I see that you've created a variety of PNG hairstyles. Their loading behaviour has not changed w/r/t recent Loader updates. I was able to download several of your hairstyles and use them in-game without any difficulties.

Mods aren't actually created with the Loader, so I suspect that the problem here is imprecise description. Perhaps you're referring to character folders that you've created in the past, which are now loading incorrectly with the latest Loader. However - there are a lot of possible reasons for that (including load order shenanigans, duplicate loading, cascading initialization failure, partially suppressed exceptions, unexpected application of embedded charCode data, etc).

There are steps that we can use to troubleshoot these errors. For example, we can examine the mods within your character folder and attempt to load them into the scene one-by-one until we identify the file which is misbehaving. Heck - there might even be a newer version of the misbehaving mod already available, which could be copy-pasted into your folder and immediately fix the problem.

It's also possible that the issue is a complete face-palm thing. Like "I'm trying to load a blouse and it isn't appearing ... because the Top.RGB1.Alpha slider is set to 0 ... oops"

But we can't provide effective technical support unless you're willing to cooperate. At least tell us which mods are failing to load and show us any exceptions which are appearing.

I don't know if that is the case, but will keep following those threads to see if a solution is offered.
There aren't that many people on the forum who do serious AS3 work for SDT. ModGuy and pim_gd have been absent for the past month. It's possible that I might be the person tasked with fixing the Loader+DA issue. It's possible that your input will be vital to the eventual fix. Drop the fatalism and let's work on the problem.

Look at the information provided by Azeloth when he encountered similar difficulties: link.

He identified the mods, identified the last Loader version on which they did work properly, described some of the troubleshooting and workaround steps that he had applied, etc... He eventually provided a zipped copy of his game folder so that ModGuy could investigate the problem in detail. And then ModGuy fixed the problem.

If you make a similar thread then we can hope for a similar outcome.

kirkm

Avid Affiliate
You are absolutely correct about my poor terminology. One of the reasons I've not wanted to try and go into detail (and expose my weakness). I do mean character folders I've created. I used some of the strategies you mention (such as loading one thing at a time until I isolate the problem file) when I was creating the character folders. The problem when I put in the new loader was more generalized, none of my character folders would load. Got a busy weekend coming up, but will see if I can come up with a more precise idea of what is going wrong, and will also look into the link you include to the thread in re Azeloth. Thanks.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
could upload your loader folder somewhere so we can see what you are talking about by not loading. i have a bunch of older loader versions, but most changes in the loader are fixes and additional support. however, sometimes modguy gets anxiety and break stuff.

i am gonna guess it is just a simple option in the loader settings that altered the order of how your mods loaded, and thus messing them up. tweaking the load-whatever-first settings may solve your issue.

ghr35

Potential Patron
To use the loader, do I need to have the actual game installed and downloaded or can I use the loader on a version of the game on a website?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.