SDT Loader question (6 Viewers)

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Blake Belladonna said:
This thing will just not work for me, every time i load up the loader on any version of flash it just says "Error loading SDT.SWF" I can load up normal SDT no problem...but not the loader....help?
Unknown said:
Could someone tell me how to use the loader? I mean how to add it. I have no clue of what to do.
getting started loader tutorial3: a thorough from-start walkthrough of setting up and using the loader & SDT
2015/01/24 - http://www.mediafire.com/watch/bblm2wsb2fdcsim/sdt_+_loader_tutorial_jan2015.mp4

other good info for new people in common questions answered thread:
https://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=6115.0

Fleack

Avid Affiliate
How do you use the fonts in the extra tools? I'm not sure what to do with the .MF and .class files.

Also, is there a way to change not just the font, but the size of text for buttons and maybe just normal lines?

aztlan

Casual Client
The OP does not yet note that it has been updated to 5.44.

It looks like the new version will now work with Animtoolsv14 and TwiceTest.swf, no?

That would be no. The new 5.44 Loader seems on preliminary testing to work fine with them (Animtools editor, TwiceTest) but the new SDT packaged with it will not...

Is there a problem with using the new loader (5.44) with the older version of SDT.swf? I suspect there must be (otherwise why did you bother to update it?), but a VERY brief check did not reveal any problems with using 5.44 with the older version of SDT.swf (that is the version packaged with sby's pack).

All that said, I'm curious what the new layer you have added in 5.44 will allow. My naive guess is that it will allow modders to crate visual loader mods that can easily be swapped in and out, but that just a hunch. Any details on why it was included or what you think it will allow for?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
aztlan said:
The OP does not yet note that it has been updated to 5.44.

It looks like the new version will now work with Animtoolsv14 and TwiceTest.swf, no?

That would be no. The new 5.44 Loader seems on preliminary testing to work fine with them (Animtools editor, TwiceTest) but the new SDT packaged with it will not...

Is there a problem with using the new loader (5.44) with the older version of SDT.swf? I suspect there must be (otherwise why did you bother to update it?), but a VERY brief check did not reveal any problems with using 5.44 with the older version of SDT.swf (that is the version packaged with sby's pack).

All that said, I'm curious what the new layer you have added in 5.44 will allow. My naive guess is that it will allow modders to crate visual loader mods that can easily be swapped in and out, but that just a hunch. Any details on why it was included or what you think it will allow for?
modguy fiddled with some stuff to prevent the intro sound. i did throw in a fix for it for next animtools, just haven't uploaded anything xD

aztlan

Casual Client
Thanks for the updates!

"Removed intro sound from SDT.swf"

Too bad - I sort of liked the intro music. (Maybe a Pavlovian response to hearing it...) Why was this done - people found it annoying or it was interfering with something?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
aztlan said:
Thanks for the updates!

"Removed intro sound from SDT.swf"

Too bad - I sort of liked the intro music. (Maybe a Pavlovian response to hearing it...) Why was this done - people found it annoying or it was interfering with something?
cause when you dev for loader or mods, the intro sound can get old after a while due to repetitive testing.
it took mg this long to finally remove it due to his minimal testing
trololololol

jase

Vivacious Visitor
sby said:
aztlan said:
cause when you dev for loader or mods, the intro sound can get old after a while due to repetitive testing.
Oh yeah, and when editing anims or tweaking/troubleshooting settings. I don't mind hearing it occasionally, but I'm glad that when I open animtools for editing I can skip any frills and go straight to editing.

Failarmy

Potential Patron
Hello everyone. Could someone explain me how to use the loader mod. and what is the password? ( I'm not very good with this kind of stuff so please a detailed how to use this mod). Thanks!

And how do i launch the loader?

Faceless

Content Creator
ShadowXSasuke said:
Is there a way for the hue color controls (on loader tab) to be more like the clothes color controls?
And on a semi-related note, what exactly does each slider control? It's obvious that the top red slider, for instance, makes different changes that the bottom red slider, but what is property is being modified?

Failarmy said:
Hello everyone. Could someone explain me how to use the loader mod. and what is the password? ( I'm not very good with this kind of stuff so please a detailed how to use this mod). Thanks!

Literally 3 threads down is a thread titled "Password to 'Loader Imports' board".

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Faceless said:
ShadowXSasuke said:
Is there a way for the hue color controls (on loader tab) to be more like the clothes color controls?
And on a semi-related note, what exactly does each slider control? It's obvious that the top red slider, for instance, makes different changes that the bottom red slider, but what is property is being modified?

Failarmy said:

Literally 3 threads down is a thread titled "Password to 'Loader Imports' board".
top red slider is red offset, while bottom red slider is red multiplier.

offset adds more red through a static manner, more red is applied everywhere regardless of what already exists.
multiplier works by adjusting the red that already exists. sort of like a contrast adjustment for that color channel

or if you care about what is under the hood, it is a colortransform: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/geom/ColorTransform.html

Faceless

Content Creator
Ah. I know about ColorTransforms, of course; they're how the vanilla sliders work. But the vanilla sliders do straight ARGB tinting rather than channel specific modification.

Wither

Content Creator
Guys I'm getting the following error whenever I have spit enabled:

Code:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
	at obj::Strand/splitStrand_l()
	at obj::Strand/updateStrand_l()
	at obj::Strand/tick_l()

if I hit dismiss, the spit particles go haywire, spawning dozens of the damn things and crashing my flash player within seconds, it looks like this:

db931beff7.png

This error isn't happening on the vanilla SDT, though. So... Any help?

stuntcock

Content Creator
Feltorn said:
Guys I'm getting the following error whenever I have spit enabled
The exception is being thrown by SDT.swf code (rather than Loader.swf code). Loader doesn't interfere with the spit-strand logic; it simply allows users to alter global parameters (mass, transparency, etc) via the Settings file. So what we're seeing is probably a conflict generated by one or more Loader mods - rather than the Loader itself.

• Ensure that you're running the latest version of Loader and Flash Projector.
    • This is boilerplate advice, akin to "try turning it off and on again" but there's a slim chance that it might fix the problem).
  • Try disabling all of your mods (comment out everything in Mods.txt) and then restart Loader.swf. Does the problem still occur?
  • If the problem occurs even in an unmodded environment, then try reverting all of your Settings to default. If you simply rename the Settings.txt file in the game's root folder and restart Loader.swf, then it will use defaults. You can restore the filename after you've confirmed that the problem does (or does not) recur.
    • If the problem is resolved by the revert-to-default test, then we can assume that your non-standard Settings are causing the problem. If you've made any changes to the Loader's settings file (e.g. boosted the max length of strands?) then post them here. Or just attach the whole settings file if you can't remember which items you've modified.
    • In this case, you probably won't get a direct bugfix (because it would require a lot of testing and might generate new conflicts with existing mods). The simple answer would be "adjust your Settings file, gradually approaching the default value for the problematic item, until the crash no longer occurs."
  • If the problem still occurs in an unmodified environment with default Settings, then please post a more complete bug report. PC specs, repro steps, time elapsed before crash (e.g. is this a random occurrence arising from poor code synchronization, or a gradual degeneration caused by a memory leak?). Maybe include a few differential test results as well (e.g. does the problem go away if you disable strand shaders, or if you reduce the game's visual quality to Low?).
    • The reason that I'm asking for a more complete bug report is because I wasn't able to reproduce the crash behaviour on my end (Loader 5.45, strand shaders enabled, a few random mods loaded but none of them relevant to "spit" behaviour, allowed the game to run on Hard auto mode for 90 seconds). It's tough to diagnose or fix a bug if it can't be reproduced.
  • If the problem is fixed by disabling all mods, then gradually re-enable them until you discover which mod (or set of mods) seems to trigger the problem.
    • Try upgrading the problem mod(s) to the newest available version. Does the error still occur?
    • If the problem is triggered by a minor mod (or something written by a modder who has since gone inactive) then the simplest fix is to simply disable that mod permanently.
    • If the problem is triggered by a major mod (such as animtools) which you're not willing to do without, then post a bug report in the modder's thread.

Wither

Content Creator
stuntcock said:
  • If the problem occurs even in an unmodded environment, then try reverting all of your Settings to default. If you simply rename the Settings.txt file in the game's root folder and restart Loader.swf, then it will use defaults. You can restore the filename after you've confirmed that the problem does (or does not) recur.
    • If the problem is resolved by the revert-to-default test, then we can assume that your non-standard Settings are causing the problem. If you've made any changes to the Loader's settings file (e.g. boosted the max length of strands?) then post them here. Or just attach the whole settings file if you can't remember which items you've modified.
    • In this case, you probably won't get a direct bugfix (because it would require a lot of testing and might generate new conflicts with existing mods). The simple answer would be "adjust your Settings file, gradually approaching the default value for the problematic item, until the crash no longer occurs."

• Oup! and it seems we have our culprit!

I'll try fiddling with the default settings some more, I had a few custom options enabled although I hadn't thought it would be anything that would cause such a strange issue.

Thanks, in any case, though! I didn't even think the settings file had anything to do with it as I didn't modify much. Must have done something wrong, though.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
Oktoberfest said:
I was wondering, what's the best version of adobe flash player to use, the latest one or an older vesrion?
apparently the version that sdt is published for, something around 11 i think. people report minor speed boosts.

seems like the performance boosts of the new flash versions pretty much apply to new flash compilations.

M

miniops12

Could someone please link me to a guide for getting this thing to work? The only guides I've been able to find tell you how to use it once it's working, which are a bit useless right now.

Faceless

Content Creator
What's there to say? You extract the contents of the archive into some directory, and open Loader.swf. Done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.