SDT Loader question (3 Viewers)

ModGuy

Content Creator
Dynamic hairs are in SWF format, we can't differentiate this without extra work in parsing so this applies to just PNG hairs.

Faceless

Content Creator
Ah. Well, in that case, loadCodeLast seems to be broken. I've attached a character, and what I expect to happen is that all the mods get loaded, and then code.txt overrides the code embedded in the dynamic hair while loading a custom background. What actually happens is that the background loads maybe half the time, but the stuff defined in the embedded code doesn't seem to ever change. Pasting the contents of code.txt into the mods tab does work however.

ModGuy

Content Creator
You may have actually uncovered a serious bug here.
Investigations point to a potential failure to set path vars on initial load, hence why it loads on every other try.

EDIT:

Ughhhhhh. Debugging this stuff is horrible. I might just rewrite the algo again.
Can't hurt to add some proxying in there for proper detection.

EDIT2:

Few adjustments made.
Settings.txt in a char folder now loads before anything else (kinda important for tweaks to actually take effect whoops)
blockCharData tweak added to do just that, prevent char codes in a SWF from loading.

Using the tweak:

Code:
blockCharData=1

With your folder results in a consistently loading background.
In the future, just use BG.png argh.

An alternative solution might be to proxy vanilla code loading, concat each new code on to the end and finally add our Code.txt to the very end. That would retain all loaded properties and allow overriding of vanilla codes.
But that requires effort.
I'll push a test version after documenting this stuff and perform a proper release later.

Faceless

Content Creator
Well, I use the customBG line in settings.txt because I reuse the same BG for multiple characters, and don't feel like duplicating the image for each. I tried using symlinks renamed to bg.png, but that doesn't seem to work either. *shrugs*

But hey, it serves as an obvious indicator of whether or not the code is loading properly, right? I totally meant it as a debugging technique. *nods sagely*

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, does the character list support thumbnails?

sby

Content Creator
Coder
you didn't post an update message here when you uploaded 5.38, i was totally unaware of its official release for over 3 days
egads!!

gberna90

Potential Patron
in the 5.38 version i have a problem, when i do the reset doesn't read the code in the reset folder. in the earlier version it works

ModGuy

Content Creator
gberna90 said:
in the 5.38 version i have a problem, when i do the reset doesn't read the code in the reset folder. in the earlier version it works

Fixed. Expect in next version.

I

Ian

Huge fan of your work, MG.

Also, I have question about hotkeys. I tried setting up keys for cycle custom characters with keys.swf and created shortcut.text, but it doesn't seem work. These cycle hotkeys only reset to original instead of switching to other character. Other different hotkeys work and cycle hotkeys work in previous version, but not in current version.

Any chance it could be fixed or am I missing something?

Thanks.

ModGuy

Content Creator
I probably fucked up since I adjusted the algorithm, I expected things to break so when people gave me the all clear I was admittedly worried.
I'll look in to it.

EDIT:

In the event I can't reproduce the issue consider uploading your mods folder for debugging.

EDIT2:

Code:
case "Cycle Custom -" :
	if (resetCharOnChange == true)
	{
		resetChar();
	}
	break;
case "Cycle Custom +" :
	if (resetCharOnChange == true)
	{
		resetChar();
	}

Whoops.

EDIT3:

Now I remember why this was disabled. When I implemented subfolders I did so in such a way that subdirectories are ignored until they are actually selected.
What this means is that cycling custom chars will not select any chars from a subfolder.

EDIT4:

Yep, that's the code fixed for now. Subfolders only work when selected, as expected.
Expect in next version.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
yeah, i don't really use subfolders, so my testing is pretty limited ;D

i mostly tested to make sure my mods didn't produce errors and seemed to function

also, this is why we have forum members right? they be the beta testers.
the loader is always in beta

CodeNinja

Potential Patron
MG said:
"Recording.txt" removed. Functionality can be found externally.

Ah, darn, that was useful as AnimTools tends to freak out when using auto mode. :(

I'm apparently blind, as I've done a few searches on the forum and come up blank on adding this functionality, or emulating it. Any pointers?

ModGuy

Content Creator
CodeNinja said:
MG said:
"Recording.txt" removed. Functionality can be found externally.

Ah, darn, that was useful as AnimTools tends to freak out when using auto mode. :(

I'm apparently blind, as I've done a few searches on the forum and come up blank on adding this functionality, or emulating it. Any pointers?

This is my solution (read: clever ploy) to force people (read: sby) to deal with this:

http://www.sdtmods.com/index.php?topic=1108.msg83580#msg83580

This is a script to load in a set of recordings, switch between them and adjust the playback speed. Somewhere else in that thread is a script to add in auto modes to the built in options and would allow them to work with animtools. This could probably also modify the built in modes to allow them to work too.

So yeah, functionality can be found but nothing user friendly yet. Since I've provided source sby might just integrate this in to animtools or bundle it.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
MG said:
you mean compile it, throw it into a character folder, sprinkle some documentation on it, and upload it; right?

edit - that made a very humorous visual in my mind xD

ModGuy

Content Creator
Exactly.

EDIT:

modVars.png

Next update brings dev updates, unhelpful to the average user until they realise that it will be required for newer mods.
modLoadDebug tweak added to suppress load/unload messages.
More data available for population for mods, makes for easier development.
Imports enforced for UI components.

sby

Content Creator
Coder
probably unnoticable without standalone debugger.

pressing 'x' with a fresh loader 5.39:

Attachments

• Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 402

ModGuy

Content Creator
That's an error in a vanilla function. No idea what's causing that, probably attempting to load a non-vanilla char. Don't use built in save.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.