SDT 1.15.3b Saving issues. (1 Viewer)

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
Ok for some reason with this version and every version before this one, I've been unable to save my characters. I've tried everything I can think of and I haven't read anything to fix it. Can anyone please help me with this? This has become a real problem. Thank you for your time.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Have you tried making a backup of your custom character.sdt file and then importing it into the new version? That usually works for me.

I mean, back it up in an older version then export it.

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
TOlive said:
Have you tried making a backup of your custom character.sdt file and then importing it into the new version? That usually works for me.

I mean, back it up in an older version then export it.

When I try that it doesn't save the characters properly if at all.

anonymous

Avid Affiliate
My understanding has been that you can't save swf imports, but I heard one person say you could, so I don't know about that.

Honestly, it's probably a problem on your end, like with your Flash Settings.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Anonymous said:
My understanding has been that you can't save swf imports, but I heard one person say you could, so I don't know about that.

Honestly, it's probably a problem on your end, like with your Flash Settings.

Well you can save some, I just tried it myself, and the two mods I made yesterday can both be saved...but neither of those needs the loader either so that might be it.

You could just download the new version and overwrite the older version that worked, keeping the same name but replacing the file. It's pretty low-rent, but I've used it as a fix a couple times.

Mak

Content Creator
Ok, if I understand your OP correctly, you've never been able to save characters, so I'm going to list the steps here.

1. Create your custom character. It sounds like you understand this part.

2. Store your custom character. This adds it to the in-game menu, but doesn't create a permanent save; but is necessary for one.
View attachment 3

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 169
  • 2.png
    2.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 3.png
    3.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 4.png
    4.png
    50 KB · Views: 149

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
Mak said:
Ok, if I understand your OP correctly, you've never been able to save characters, so I'm going to list the steps here.

1. Create your custom character. It sounds like you understand this part.

2. Store your custom character. This adds it to the in-game menu, but doesn't create a permanent save; but is necessary for one.

3. Fill in any red squares with the file paths to the mods.

4. Save the customchar.sdt file. This can save all your characters, or you can divide them by series etc. This is what you load to retrieve your custom characters.

If these are the steps you're following and it's not saving,
Anonymous said:
it's probably a problem on your end, like with your Flash Settings.

Ok that works, but I have to keep loading the sets over and over again. Then again, I guess that's what you're supposed to do. Also it doesn't save certain settings like, the zoom feature and other small things. I was warry to do it that way because when ever I tried it It wouldn't load all of the characters, but that's probably because I tried to save too many on one thing. I would also like to know how to adjust my flash settings, since I use a stand alone flash player that doesn't go through my browser. It's an Adobe Flash 10 model.

Anyway thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it.

Mak

Content Creator
Some things like zoom can't be saved as far as I know.
I separate my customchar.sdt files by series, if there's a size limit it's my first time hearing it, maybe the amount of memory you're allowing flash to use is set low.
I would suggest upgrading your stand alone player, I think the current one is 11.2.something. Anon usually has a link to the latest version in the archive thread.

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
Ok I tried to download the standalone player from the archive but it keeps timing out. Are there any alternate links?

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
This should take you to the newest version, it's like 11.2.202.otherstuff.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
TOlive said:
This should take you to the newest version, it's like 11.2.202.otherstuff.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

I have that on my browser, but I'm trying to find a standalone version that works without having to go into the browser.

TOlive

Content Creator
2D Artist
Illustrator
Animator
Then this is probably the one you're looking for: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/updaters/11/flashplayer_11_sa_32bit.exe

Mr.Nobody

Potential Patron
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Just downloaded it. Everything works like it did before. Thanks again for all of your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.