Ryona Videogames Poll (1 Viewer)

What is your favorite ryona game genre?

• Total voters

onlinehero

Casual Client
So... I made this poll to find out what kind of ryona games are the most popular.
Answering this poll would help us to understand ryona more and perhaps also in creating better content in future,
be it ryona games, videos or something else related.

If you choose to vote, pick the option(s) that you feel you find the most enjoyment from.

Your options are (with examples):
1) Action-adventure (Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Bloodrayne)
2) Beat 'em up/Hack and slash (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma)
3) Fighting games (DOA, Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur)
4) Role-playing (Elder Scrolls, Jade Empire, Sudeki, Diablo)
5) MMO (Champions Online, Lineage, Age of Conan)
6) Survival horror (Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, Dino Crisis)
7) Wrestling games (Rumble Roses, WWE Smackdown)
8) Shooter (Bulletwitch, Heavy Metal:FAKK2, Oni)
9) Hentai games (Battle Raper, Strip Fighter)
10) Ryona games (Fairy Fighting, Blank Blood, Nano Crisis)
11) Other

If you choose other, please give a description and an example of this particular ryona game genre.
Also, please tell us what you enjoy about your choice, or how you feel about the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
Alright, good job!

I tried to pick the genres that have more control over the actual ryona content and tend to have better ryona content for me.

noice1

Potential Patron
Nice poll. Yes, while I do command a ryona game thread here, I actually find myself playing wrestling more and enjoy the survival horror a lot more as well. Attraction is just a funny thing, and when a game isn't trying to be ryona, and just is, I guess it's like a girl who's cute without even trying.

Mardion

Potential Patron
Regarding the Poll, it's very comprehensive and well-put, except for the Anime/Hentai option which is redundant since Anime is not really a genre ; it's more of a subsection of already existing games. I can name tens of Anime RPG games, and lots of Anime Fighting/Action/Ryona ones, and even your examples fit better in other categories (Wrestle Angel Survivors -> Wrestling , Battle Raper & Strip Fighter -> Fighting and/or Ryona). So to keep this poll as correct as possible, this option can either be switched to standalone "Hentai" or be altogether removed so that Hentai games are incorporated into "Ryona" (I don't play Hentai games so don't know which is more suitable).

As for my preferences, I only like games where opponents can perform at least one hold on my female character (only seeing punches, kicks and/or weapon thrusts gets boring in minutes) so it's everything barring the RPG/MMO/Shooter genres for me.

onlinehero

Casual Client
^^ Come on Mardion :) If someone would come to ask you good wrestling games would you recommend Wrestle Angel Survivors? Or Strip Fighter as a fighting game? WAS has a visual novel style like most hentai games and I'm not sure whether the game is even sold outside Japan. Same thing with Strip Fighter and Battle Raper. Those are type of games that people play only because of boobs etc, not because they are great fighting games. Besides you have multiple choises to vote so if you're not sure what genre the game is, you can vote multiple genres.

As for the poll, it's quite surprising to see so many voted action-adventures/beat em ups. I was pretty sure everybody would vote for fighting games :P
I mean those games have more holds, throws and also more female characters to play as. I voted those genres because I like to see my character getting beaten by many weaker enemies. It would be nice to also know why you folks voted those genres.

DeceptionCircus

Ryonani Teamster
Good work with the poll. I would've probably categorized NGS in the Action-Adventure pool, but it's fine as it is too. I picked the first three options as I feel they have the most potential and variation in ryona and I'm not particularly a wrestling fan. Built-for-purpose ryona games tend to feel a bit manufactured to me as well.

Mardion

Potential Patron
^^ Come on Mardion :) If someone would come to ask you good wrestling games would you recommend Wrestle Angel Survivors? Or Strip Fighter as a fighting game? WAS has a visual novel style like most hentai games and I'm not sure whether the game is even sold outside Japan. Same thing with Strip Fighter and Battle Raper. Those are type of games that people play only because of boobs etc, not because they are great fighting games. Besides you have multiple choises to vote so if you're not sure what genre the game is, you can vote multiple genres.
I wouldn't recommend WAS to anyone period :p That still doesn't detract from the fact that it's a wrestling game. And yes, Strip Fighter and Battle Raper aren't games I'd recommend to someone as fighting games, but let me reverse your argument : Would you recommend either one of them if someone would ask you for an Anime game? Obviously not, you'd recommend them as Ryona/Hentai games most probably, for the reasons you yourself stated. So even with your own arguments it's obvious that the "Anime" part has to be omitted. You make a good case about the "Hentai" part so we'll keep that, please think of some good Hentai Games With Ryona examples to go with it.

As for Action-Adventures/Beat'em Ups , the enemies there usually have moves that would never work in a fighting game, especially the bosses. Sometimes they even have insta-kill moves which are great to look out for! But it's also true that it's cool watching two or three normally weaker opponents beat up on your army-beating heroine and winning.

noice1

Potential Patron
The beat-em-up games kinda go too fast for me, as far as ryona. For example, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 has a plenty of good ryona girls, but it's fast-paced and there's not a lot of good camera angles since it's all overhead.

N

ninthsaints

I chose Ryona games. I agree with noice1 here on the fact that the ryona in most beat-em-up games goes too fast. I like it to last a little longer.

frostb

Potential Patron
Misc. Wrestling, Beatemup (beatdown fists of vengeance - like freaking royal flash). But everything goes really. Even enjoyed fight with Sis in Alpha Protocol. Ryona is a fetish, not a lifestyle.

B

blitzrunner

Any genre can have good Ryona to it... but the game itself has to be good to make it worthwhile. Heavenly Sword had a hot chic and one would think that there were plenty of Ryona moments with different death scenes and all.. but it REALLY wasn't a good Ryona game. On the other hand Tomb Raider Anniversary had TONS of Ryona moments... both the same genre but different approach~

noice1

Potential Patron
Any genre can have good Ryona to it... but the game itself has to be good to make it worthwhile

It can depend on the definition of worthwhile. If by that we take original, retail price (for consoles usually $50-60), then yeah, definitely.

However there are some games where an overall crappy game can still have good ryona and be worth it. For example, I have one of the worst wrestling games I've played in a decade, Smackdown vs. Raw 2008. The game is seriously broken and a complete embarrassment from THQ, yet the ryona is very good. You can set up matches where just the computers fight or you can control one and just keep using custom move-sets to your heart's content. As I said above, retail price is just obscene, but you can find a copy now on Amazon for dirt cheap. Older games will always be the best place to go for ryona, unless there's really high quality ryona involved, then it might be worth it.

Laytruce

Potential Patron
I'll take beat 'em up/hack and slash. The thing I don't really like about regular fighting games is how they're (usually) one-on-one.
In beat 'em ups, your character can get overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Lightzero

Potential Patron
Fighting games and Survival Horrors is my choice... (Prefereable Fighting games.. especially if there is Finishing moves like Fatality)

Ryooo123456

Ryonani Teamster
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i prefer survival horror 99% of the time :)
but i love fighting though , i love my Soul Calibur!!!!

M

mancubus

Fighting, Wrestling (Lita in SVR 07 was made for it), Action (I put shooters and beat 'em ups in there).

I cannot stand, and refuse to stand hentai or rape based games at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.