In videogames, do you inflict or receive? (1 Viewer)

Which is your preference?

• I usually inflict pain to female characters.

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • I usually pick a female character and let her receive pain.

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • I receive and inflict equally / don't care.

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters
S

shiroryu

Definitely receiving, though I'm not above giving it out as well, if the opponent is female. Like d£t, I get out an infinite h.p. cheat( with infinite time if it's a fighting game). And I also enable infinite specials if the game has it. Then I no longer need to worry about getting defeated.

I don't just stand around doing nothing, though; that's boring. I attack using the slowest and obvious moves instead of fighting my best game, so to speak; and boost the AI upto level 8 if that's an option. I'll also try to throw frequently. All this is so the AI can take the bait and punish me; obviously, this needs good A.I.

I particularly like fighting enemies that have grapple moves, and those that can counter you. It's awesome when the AI reads your move correctly and pummels you. My first experience with this was Mai vs Kasumi in KOF 99; Kasumi had two simple counter moves and a counter super move, but having Mai running into them each time was the highlight.

While fighting games are the easiest way to replicate this situation, I also love third-person RPGs/action games with smart enemies. Unfortunately, mooks in games do not have much to offer in terms of ryona potential. I was salivating over Bloodrayne 2, for example; Bloodrayne starts out in a high-cut evening dress! Sadly, the mooks, even some of them sexy vampire babes, were disappointing. Was hoping they'd be able to grapple you and jump onto you the way you can do them, but no. What a missed opportunity! The good ones in this type are Tobal and Oni. Wish Tobal had been remade for the Ps2 :(

And I agree that it depends upon the CPU's smartness. A weakly programmed AI will not take the openings you give it, and will fall prey to throw spam. Well-made fighters, therefore, are generally the way to go.

Thanks for this thread!

shnapple

Ryonani Teamster
It depends on the game. If it's a fighting game and I have the option, I always prefer to inflict. For anything else, I'll receive because I have no option. :P

sophitia

Potential Patron
I usually pick a female character and let her receive pain. I always think that the girl doing a pointless fight is really sexy thing. Especially against a big/monster opponent.
But I also like inflicting pain sometimes, but if only I use a sexier female character. For example, I really love dominating Sophitia using Ivy in Soul Calibur games.

nine

Ryonani Teamster
It depend of the video game, in Soulcalibur, I pick the girl and let her suffer, but if i can, i'd rather inflict pain 'cause the computer is sometime very slow to kill the girl (ex: FF: Dissidia)

D

Deleted member 31

I always play as female characters and have them receive. In SP games like Mass Effect or Resident Evil I always pick female characters. Especially Resident Evil. I like having my character survive as long as she can and then go down.

The only time Im the one dishing the pain is if it's a fighting game and I want certain moves to be done.

Great topic btw.

sickle

Potential Patron
When we don't take into account all the incidental factors (the quality of the game's AI, the fact that main characters tend to be female rather than the monsters, etc.) and only go to personal preference, I strongly favor recieveing.
While dom/sub probably has a say in our preference, I think this has a lot to do with the way the ryona fetish works.

As far as I'm concerned, it's far more exciting when_
1) good/innocent character gets hurt.
2) character getting hurt takes all effort to survive
3) character getting hurt possesses an ammount of personality.
That strongly favors recieving roles.

Works for me, at least, but I kind of think it's fairly common

X

Xion

If I have to choose one of those two then it would be receive pain ^//^ yes I have no reason o_O

Roxac

Potential Patron
"I usually pick a female character and let her receive pain" because in this way I don't have to think how to do... just to see... and also the ryona will be more a "surprise", at least in fighting games.
If I try to inflict pain I have to think to do the moves and the other one will react, and this is a plus difficulty for me...

But it seem that you're forgetting something. How about using 2 characters? One that inflict and one that receive, you have of course the control of the one who inflict, but you can easily make the other not block the moves.
And this is really convenient for making vids^^

V

ViralParadox

Generally I prefer to pick a female character and dish out the pain, but I do every now and again like to be on the receiving end. Something about getting roughed up, and beaten before returning the favor is very pleasing to me. Of course, if it's one of the more happy-fun-time games, then that's when I'd like to get an inf hp cheat as well and go to town just screwing around. ;) Epic finishers are always welcomed in any game. They're like a delicious icing on an equally delicious cake. ^_^

One thing for sure I always find entertaining, and I'm not sure if I'm the only one who does this, but with fighters I like to play the two characters fighting at the same time and just spam buttons to have them beat on each other. It's amazing some of the combos and crazy stuff they're able to pull off by just doing that. :want:

Laytruce

Potential Patron
I usually let my character receive, especially in games I suck at. Even if I can play it somewhat competently, I usually don't bother putting in any actual effort.

Chrno

Potential Patron
It was mentioned already in the thread but it really depends on the options available to you in the game (which is usually receive ).

If I could choose every time I would be in the inflict camp, but I can't really explain why. It's more fun to be in control I guess :-)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Another problem, at least with the Mortal Kombat series, is for some reason the AI won't do finishers. I was going to watch every character's but the AI beats me and just does a roundhouse kick or something to finish me off. So I had to look up the finishers and painstakingly try to pull off each one.
That used to be one of my main gripes with MK as well, but thankfully in the new Mortal Kombat there have been some times when the AI actually executed a Fatality on my character, albeit around 10% of the time.

HyperZealot

Ryonani Teamster
I picked option 3 because, like many here, it depends on the type of game.

In beat 'em ups and third person action titles, I pick the female character and let the A.I. have their way with her. This also enables me to put her in whatever situation I want. Passwords to get to certain points and save states in emulators are excellent for when you want her in just the right place. Infinite health cheats are also great, as it can go on as long as I like without her being defeated. At least, not defeated yet. ;) The only exception I have for this is when I want to take on a certain enemy female grunt. Then I start dishing it out.

In fighting games, I prefer to dish it out on a female character as I have total control and can do whatever I want to her. The A.I. never does what I want it to do. I always choose another female character, too, as it's much hotter with one female having her way with another, IMO. I even find having mirror matches (picking the same character to both give and receive the punishment) very hot. I always use Training or Practice Mode to do this, as life bars in fighting games are simply too small to really do much. In Practice, it ends when I want it to. With fighting games that have no practice mode (think arcade fighting games), infinite health and time cheats are perfect.

One thing I like to do is take control of both characters in VS mode or whatever the fighting game refers to it as and have both characters knock each other out at the same time, causing a double KO. There's something sexy about both women completely exhausting each other. In this sense, I both inflict and receive the punishment. :)

So, yeah, in a sense, I'm right down the middle. It really all depends on the type of game.

Raden

Wordsmith
Ryonani Teamster
I'm one of the very few here who likes to deal it out I guess. In some games where I don't have the choice, I am okay with having a female receive it like in Final Fight 2, or Streets of Rage 3, or what have you. But if there is any way I can be the aggressor, that's what I would rather do. hey have to sit there and groove on whatever I choose to do. Man, it's such a good thing I'm perfectly okay with fantasy and don't really want to do this in reality.

randomguy

Ryonani Teamster
both depending on game. in fighters i like to control cause i can use my favorite moves. In games where I can't...meh oh well I look for ways to make the ai do what i want

C

crazyman

I actually to inflict rather than receive but that's because I'm a fighting gamer. I like having complete control over what's happening to the female character. Though I think the most interesting thing to do is put the game on training mode.

Let me explain, in Tekken 6 I love to put the game in training mode and put the game on defensive that way I can pick the moves that the AI uses against me.

Mardion

Potential Patron
In Tekken 6 I love to put the game in training mode and put the game on defensive that way I can pick the moves that the AI uses against me.

Oh man, I LOVE that Training Mode! It's been there since Tekken 4 and it's sheer perfection for ryona lovers! I usually have the computer do all of their grabs plus some normal (but as interesting as possible) attacks, and as time passes I reduce the number of normal attacks so that they perform their grabs on my character more and more. A great mode indeed :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.