In videogames, do you inflict or receive? (1 Viewer)

Which is your preference?

• I usually inflict pain to female characters.

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • I usually pick a female character and let her receive pain.

Votes: 59 53.6%
  • I receive and inflict equally / don't care.

Votes: 32 29.1%

• Total voters

onlinehero

Casual Client
Really hate inflicting pain, but when making a ryona video of fighting game, there is no usually much other choise. I've noticed that only in DOA and Rumble Roses XX the AI likes to use grabs on my character, so in those two games I receive and AI does usually very good job in inflicting. But generally I always prefer to see my female character lose.

S

ssdanku

Tough question, but generally i go with the 2nd option due to fact stated earlier , you can control what u want the female to do. The AI will always make an attempt to move and keep fighting , especially in wrestling games. Also picking the first option generally feels , i dunno how to put it , scripted like I have already thought out what i am going to do where the 2nd option you kinda get that surprise factor of oh wow didn't think the AI would do some thing like that. The tricky part is getting the AI to do moves that you like ryona-wise. For example with DOA if ur turn up the AI too much in the practice setting they wont do grapples , where i found if u do setting 5 out of 8 the AI will use grapple moves and still put on a show move wise.

shz

Potential Patron
With me I always like ryona involving my most favourite female characters. Sometimes I'd choose my favourite girl on an iddle controller, and abuse her with another female character, but most of the time I actually prefer playing against a computer and watch her abuse my lovely girl! :-)

X

xn85d.2

As for me, I prefer inflicting as I can choose the abilities/attacks that are the most fun. This means open-world RPGs like Skyrim are some of my favorites for Ryona, along with Blood Rayne games. However, in some fighting games I will recieve with a female character when there is no option to 'weaken' the AI so I can concentrate on getting my chosen combos off, or if the combos are so horribly complicated I can rarely pull them off (Sub-Zero's fatality in MKII, for example). Training mode in Tekken 3 onwards are much appeciated. ;)

Arala Cran

Potential Patron
Well, because I am a girl myself, I stick with (as) them usually but sometimes I get caught off-guard by others using that sort of stuff on me from time to time when least expected. At usual first experience it makes me mad because that hurts, but well......then at other times there's another story :relief: . ////

It's especially strange when it doesn't hurt as much anymore either.....

At times I accidentally do it back but rarely, I more rather just burn things with spells or graceful moves...and I guess sometimes take "that sort of stuff". Fun-Fact: If done in friendly fire (I.e: Faust in Guilty Gear / Mugen) it's the only time I don't get so bitchy about friendly fire.:evanwhateverlinethi

Rios Sumari

Potential Patron
Usually receiving means that you have to lose, this goes against my nature so I prefer to be giving it instead. Especially in Mugen and Hentai games.

summonmint

Avid Affiliate
Girl myself :blah: and I enjoy my female character been defeated by another female fighter(especially her controller is another girl)
Sometimes I play FTG with a good friend (a girl who also love ryona flavorl) together,
we play Rumble Rose XX、Soul Calibur、SFxT...etc(Rumble Rose XX is best~)
Even i try my best to fight her,I still lose so much, and it's really fun for us :meaw:

Kiri-Ryona

Potential Patron
Fun thread and straight up my alley because I do play several games so I can get my Ryona fix.

My heroines are typically weak and inept, and often also asking for it- typically they are doomed to a defeat but often want defeat. I have played Ryona in Champions Online and Age of Conan and the recently defunct Bullet Run, in the last two games I specifically built heroines for PvP defeat; being made under-geared or with points and skill settings that makes them easily defeated.

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
For example in soul calibur 5. I love the thought of pyrrha getting beat to pulp. So i select training mode. Where she will stand still. And i try every character there is to beat pyrrha up in as many different ways as possible. I have also tried playing pyrrha and letting the AI ruin her . thats fun too. I cant know what will happen beforehand then. But I like more when i beat pyrrha up in a way i like. Often grabing her by throat or kicking her crotch and such haha.

morosenoodle

Avid Affiliate
I'd say either/or, but probably more towards the receiving end (albeit for different reasons than some others have stated)

What I mean by this is I'm not really interested in "sub" (or even "dom") stuff, at least not a personal level. I DO, however, like to see my favorite heroines in a submissive, defeated state, and I think it's easier - narratively speaking - to achieve that when the heroine is in the player position, rather than the AI. When an AI heroine is beaten, the match is over and the game moves on. When a *player* controlled heroine is beaten, the GAME is over, and everything comes to an end. It makes the stakes higher, and drives home the cruel finality of the heroine's defeat.

However, like DeNice said years ago on the first page, decent "receiver" ryona can be kinda hard to do, since I don't like to just sit back and let the computer win, and I'm usually pretty good at fighting games. My ideal ryona situation, gamewise, is usually a well-fought, very difficult match, whose outcome was at least somewhat close in one or more rounds, and was immensely frustrating to lose - generally, because for a few brief moments I thought (or at least hoped) my heroine might actually win. You know, one of those times where you want to throw your controller at the TV and Gamer Rage because of that cheapass cheating fucking computer rarrrrggghhh. Of course, that precise situation is very hard to achieve on purpose, either as the inflictor or as the receiver, and I often find myself throwing matches because I'm too close to winning - much to my cock's disapproval.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
However, like DeNice said years ago on the first page, decent "receiver" ryona can be kinda hard to do, since I don't like to just sit back and let the computer win, and I'm usually pretty good at fighting games. My ideal ryona situation, gamewise, is usually a well-fought, very difficult match, whose outcome was at least somewhat close in one or more rounds, and was immensely frustrating to lose - generally, because for a few brief moments I thought (or at least hoped) my heroine might actually win. You know, one of those times where you want to throw your controller at the TV and Gamer Rage because of that cheapass cheating fucking computer rarrrrggghhh. Of course, that precise situation is very hard to achieve on purpose, either as the inflictor or as the receiver, and I often find myself throwing matches because I'm too close to winning - much to my cock's disapproval.

Exactly. I get that sorta feeling even now towards both points. On two occasions in just the last week I had that happen; the first one in the latest Soulcalibur V video I did on my Youtube channel with Pyrrha in the super-hard Legendary Souls mode. By the time I got to Elysium, Pyrrha was getting gutted like a fish like there's no tomorrow off of every little mistake; whereas the other opponents, while also tough, didn't slow my girl down nearly as bad. Sure, Pyrrha would try her best to put up a fight but Elysium in that mode is practically designed to be incredibly cheap no matter what you do, and considering how I'm like, it can be both fun to see how many times Pyrrha cries out in defeat... and at the same time a pain in the ass because the video wasn't supposed to be TOO out-of-control with the loses... With that type of opponent, it can't be helped. I just sotra wish the AI wouldn't be as aggressive in hitting my downed girl all the time... I like enjoying their downed and weakened posture a lot...

Secondly, during some Naruto Storm 4 playing as Hinata, Sakura and Hanabi I was in a fight against the ai against Naruto and Sasuke, and was actually in a tournament battle. I was doing quite well as the girls but somewhere along the line as I was winning I felt myself 'subconciously' let off the gas, dodging attacks but not actually finishing Naruto off... which eventually lead to the two of them working back up and hitting my Hinata with their combination super (which I could've blocked, but... decided not to) for massive damage. One combo later (and forgetting that I had ran out of substitutes...) bam, Hinata falls in an injured heap to the ground in defeat and the team loses... and because it was a tournament bout, that's it. Game over. They lose. No continues. No zenni reward I usually get when playing. Just a fade to black and the results that another team took the prize. It's not the first time I've purposely sorta 'let' my girls lose because... 'raisins' ('reasons'). It's a "bad" habit, especially since in the same breath I do know how to avoid most obvious ryona fighting game situations.... but where's the fun in doing that all the time? lol.

Lisian

Potential Patron
I'm almost always receiving, since, as stated, there's more control over what your character does, whereas unless it's training mode, the ai will always make some attempt to fight back, and depending on the game and the enemy, that attempt can potentially be a success, and when I need to seriously try to play to get any material, it takes a good chunk of the enjoyment out of it. Plus, aside from fighting games, I feel like most mooks usually don't have as much detail animation wise as a playable character, not to mention all of the games that don't have female enemies at all.

Alex Speckman

Potential Patron
It depends on the game. Since I have 2 controllers for my 360, I use both when I play Tekken 6 to quickly get to the good stuff, so I guess you could say I both inflict and receive. Generally if the game allows couch coop versus I'll do that so I have full control over both characters, unless I want something done thats mechanically complicated that would be easier for the AI to do. One exception of this is Virtua Fighter 5 FS, where the KO position you fall into depends on which way you're facing and what kind of move is done to KO you. In that case I'll just stick to 1P so I can make sure I fall in the ways I want to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.