Unwitting friendly help in videogame ryona (1 Viewer)

Mardion

Potential Patron
Fighting games for us ryona fans are a blessing in disguise, since it's arguably the best means of watching a female receive pain over and over while being subtly different each time. According to our poll, the majority of members here prefer to have their character receive pain from CPU-controlled characters, but unfortunately the AI rarely helps us enjoy the most that the opposing fighters have to offer, and finding another human being willing to beat up your character for ryona purposes is, to say the least, extremely rare. For the world at large, though, fighting games are just games played for entertainment ; the vast majority of console players will have played and enjoyed a classic fighting game like Tekken or Street Fighter. So my question to you is, have you ever taken advantage of that fact?

For example, have you ever played a fighting game with a friend of yours, often choosing a female character and reveling as your opponent smashed her to a pulp without him/her even noticing that you actually enjoyed it?

Speaking for myself, it's something I do quite often, ever since middle school. My best friend at the time was not exactly the brightest person you've ever met. Furthermore, when we played Tekken 3 I could beat him quite easily. But when he first chose a female character (for some reason he avoided them for a very long time) in the spur of the moment I selected a female character as well and allowed him to win, causing him to choose her again, and win again. Afterwards I started playing defensively against him, blocking most of his attacks and grabbing him whenever I got a chance, verbally praising the power of grabs as I did. This "trick" worked like a charm, and before long he'd perform grabs on my character all the time ; he even came up with ways to grab my character in lots of different situations. After being grabbed I always got up by rolling towards him, so he learned to time it so that he grabbed me the instant my character got back on her feet, making my character seem so helpless as she received her opponent's grabs again and again. Since I'm an avid f/f fan, whenever he chose a male character, I'd time it so that I avoided his grabs at the last instant and counter-grab, rationalising that since the female characters are faster in all fighting games, I had much more trouble coping with their attacks, but I could still win against slower characters. I still fondly remember him sticking to female characters from then on and winning all the time against me with grabs, grabs, grabs... marking some of my all-time best ryona memories :-)

Nowadays I haven't found anyone else whom I could "persuade" to play against me like that (although surprises do exist, the best was when a female friend of mine said to me, just prior to beginning that game, "I'm sorry I'll disappoint you but I only select female fighters..." ). Nevertheless, when playing against opponents who aren't as good players as myself, I still play the "I can't cope well against fast characters" card whenever they select a female fighter (with me conveniently also choosing a female one) and use grabs all the time in order to make them feel good when they grab me themselves. This either doesn't work or works very well depending on the individual. Accordingly, when playing against opponents on my level or higher, I make my character intentionally vulnerable to grabs (ie standing still and blocking when in close range) and they hardly ever miss the chance (that does mean I lose more times than I would otherwise, but ask me if I care :-P ). Newer great games like SoulCalibur 4 and Dead Or Alive 4 which feature voluptuous but deadly ladies have helped me immensely, since most of my friends enjoy performing their sexy grabs, even if they do it just for laughs.

So back to my original question, how many of you have tried / have contemplated / have rejected this path?

anotherguttersnipe

Ryonani Teamster
If I need to get my ryona needs from a game, It's often against a CPU opponent I know I can take down. Closest I've really been able to get at this stage, is Rumble Roses, Soul Calibur 4, and Tekken. I wanna say DOA4, but the game adopts a 'standard' level of difficulty that will destroy you unless you play to the 'standard'. And being on the losing end is useless, as I can't rely on the A.I to grab my character the way I want it to.

My game face is on when I'm playing other people though.

Someone92

Vivacious Visitor
I only like specific ryona situations, so in most games I wouldn't "enjoy" losing, but I often intentionally lose a round or a match in a Beat 'em up to keep my friends motivated to play against me.

DeNice

Ryonani Teamster
Truth be told, I've done something similar to this in Super Street Fighter IV, especially in the PC version with my girlfriend (it's currently a distance relationship). I'm similar to Mardion in that I'm very particular in F/F, but I enjoy more of a back and forth sort of thing instead of an all out one-sided affair. Since we like to play similar characters (mainly Chun-Li & Cammy, and while she's particular to Juri I'm the same with Sakura instead) there's been many times (nearly all the time now) that we'd play each other so much we can feel each other's patterns and trade hits nearly all the time (this REALLY comes apparent in Chun-Li mirrors, and personally, nothing's better than having two of her getting beaten down instead of just one. Can't count the amount of draws I've had doing this). Even better yet in that she enjoys doing it, so whenever we do play that it's always a hidden treat for me.

Otherwise, it's hard to do this normally with others since it is pretty darn weird, although I've had my moments (like in Tekken 6 & Soul Calibur IV with another friend of mine). Usually I just opt to not worry about it too much and just play normally, but if I do fight someone who's way below my skill level, I do have a habit to go easy just to see my girl lose from time to time. Too bad internet egos makes it hard to keep that going for long... >_>;

Black Lion

Ryonani Teamster
When I used to play Soul Calibur 4 on Xbox Live (I'm waiting for the sequel now), I tended to play as female characters. Not because they were female, but because most of the characters that worked for me were female, and the CaS's I made only looked right to me if they were female as well. More than a few times, I caught myself purposely losing so that my character could get beat up. I don't do this with people I'm playing against offline, though, as I don't have many opportunities to play with people and the people I do play with are normally completely new at the game.

P

perziashammas

Well, I use the girl in fighting games because I am so horrible at video games it is bound to be ryona! It's nice to use the girl because you can control the level of her helplessness as well.

Red_Scare

Potential Patron
With online gaming the way it is, I don't really get why people in this community just don't get together to get footage and what not from fighters by fighting one another. Just throwing that out there.

Mardion

Potential Patron
With online gaming the way it is, I don't really get why people in this community just don't get together to get footage and what not from fighters by fighting one another. Just throwing that out there.

There have already been some attempts, which I believe have been successful. You'll find them in the Ryona Requests section. However, you are totally correct in that it is an excellent idea for people who haven't tried it yet! :-)

and the people I do play with are normally completely new at the game.

...which makes it the perfect opportunity to teach them how to play the game "properly" if you catch my drift ;-)

Interestingly, I'm also on the same page regarding female fighters in normal matches. I am constantly bragging on how, whenever I selected Sophitia in any Soul game (except for SC3 for some reason) ,I never ever lost to any of my friends, even to those who are better than me at this game. Half of my favourite characters in Soul and all bar one in DOA are female as well, and Nina is tied for my favourite character in Tekken. Not only is using a female character good for ryona purposes, it's a pretty good way to rack up victories as well :)

Weak for Aqua

Casual Client
This is very interesting. I always had it kinda easy. Chosing female chars is nothing wierd since I am a female and also being "bad" at the game is not wierd for a girl. So I let them beat my char up. Also I often said "oh please dont hit me" Wich made them hit my characted more to bully me for being so girly.

Mardion

Potential Patron
^A bit off-topic, but that sounds so different that what my friends and I do when playing a fighting videogame against a girl who doesn't play well ; in those instances we just let her win just so she'll be overly happy instead of overly disappointed.

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
Ahh...friends...
If you can find people to play with you thats good~
But in my case, I kinda did it with my own family members like siblings or cousins.
I tried to play seriously against them...but the ryona-ing kind of distracts me a lot and make me lose this games.
Being a pretty competitive person (and a sore loser) I started avoiding fighting games..[sigh]
I do enjoy it though when watching people play fighting games in front of me (like in family gatherings or my sibling's friends having matches).
I guess I get my ryona in fighting games from that...
Most of the time though, playing fighting games, I use the demo for movelists or recordings to get the moves I liked (like throws and special moves). It does get tedious and very restricting though (e.g. in Tekken, the movelist demo is ONLY against Mokujin, and in some games they don't have those features).
I guess in times like this I just go and watch youtube videos of them...not as live nor everything I want is there, but what can I do?

As for having ryona? Online Fighting games sounds good as well, provided both sides can go online together and recorded it... Maybe if we in this community can help each other out by sharing their I.D.s and time zones...
Hmm....do we have a thread for collection of all fighting games online I.D.? Maybe thats a good idea for us if there isn't~
[starts running off to check and make the thread if not available]
P.S. I know some of us are not comfortable making a seperate I.D. for fighting game, nor it is to share our I.D. in the public arena where they can trace you back to your real name... Is there a way to restrict vision of such things? Such as making it available to members or only to 'friends' of that person? Or should I just set one up somewhere and people can just go to me and ask? (like a secret keeper?)
I can promise to be online at the VERY VERY worst each week and update it everytime...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mardion

Potential Patron
I tried to play seriously against them...but the ryona-ing kind of distracts me a lot and make me lose this games.
Being a pretty competitive person (and a sore loser) I started avoiding fighting games..[sigh]

I'm curious, though, don't you believe that the rush you get from this ryona satisfaction is enough to justify losing in at least the fighting games which involve your favourite ryona moves/characters? You can then take revenge against your opponents in some other fighting game.

Most of the time though, playing fighting games, I use the demo for movelists or recordings to get the moves I liked (like throws and special moves). It does get tedious and very restricting though (e.g. in Tekken, the movelist demo is ONLY against Mokujin, and in some games they don't have those features).
I guess in times like this I just go and watch youtube videos of them...not as live nor everything I want is there, but what can I do?

Actually, Tekken is probably the least restricting in that respect. You can go to Practice Mode, choosing whichever two characters you wish, and then 'program' your opponent to start doing specific moves on your character (which you yourself choose) for as long as you like :-)

CuriousHyperGamer

Potential Patron
I'm curious, though, don't you believe that the rush you get from this ryona satisfaction is enough to justify losing in at least the fighting games which involve your favourite ryona moves/characters? You can then take revenge against your opponents in some other fighting game.

Well I do get the rush and I do enjoy losing or winning against people. One problem, I don't like losing! Almost any fighting game, ryona is very distracting for me, and became a huge factor in determining my loss. And if I take revenge on other fighting games, the same thing happens. When it comes to ryona and fighting games, I am a very weak person. Distracted by Ryona almost everytime I even so much as SAW a fighting game session. And losing, if I play them most of the time. If people ask me why am I buying all this fighting games? "I am a bad player. Need to 'research' and practice before I can fight you." or said I buy it for someone in my family.
Not to say I avoided it fully, but I do get into fights as well. Feeling stained or wet most of the time is really sad, with that being my greatest fetish.

Actually, Tekken is probably the least restricting in that respect. You can go to Practice Mode, choosing whichever two characters you wish, and then 'program' your opponent to start doing specific moves on your character (which you yourself choose) for as long as you like :-)

Yep~
I agree with ya pal! But unfortanately they aren't my top tier fighting games that I enjoy much. I am not so sure why...
As for programming opponents, still tedious compared to an actual person on the controller...distance not right? Miss. ...still downed a bit too slow? Miss.

I really wished to have someone to cooperate with me at times like this...[sigh]

Locusta

Vivacious Visitor
I try, or have tried, my very best in dcuo, SC3, and ssf4. I made efforts to be good at games. I get mad when I lose by totally cheap(my opinion I realize) tactics ..but to lose to a clever or skilled player is hot. Sometimes I don't even like the person who beat me ..and the frustration I feel bothers me for a little while until I gradually begin to find it hot.

I don't let someone win if I am able to beat them. It must be earned!
Sometimes I'll let a small child or total non-gamer noob win just to make them gleeful, but if I'm playing this way I'll be using Hakan or one of my clown-characters :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.