1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ryona City: Halloween Mini Event

Discussion in 'Ryona City' started by TheQuietAuthor, Oct 23, 2016.

  1. TheQuietAuthor

    TheQuietAuthor Vivacious Visitor Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2013
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    30
    Alright, ladies and gentlemen...time for us to begin the week long Holloween event with one week to join this event first, before we can start off the countdown. I will continuously update this thread and edit them accordingly.

    For now, to start off the event...I would like each player who are interested in participating in this Hollow Eve's night event, to first just do a simple paragraph (or complex one if you have time!) of the character (choose 1 person only from your collection) to be involved in this incident or be a witness.

    The setting would be at around Midnight in Halloween night. Somewhere in the middle of the city centre. Just write in this thread, what would your character be doing at around this time...

    Partying and on your way home? Just taking a midnight stroll? At a local bar for a good drink?
    Even partnering with another player or character in the same scene (get their permission first before doing so) do break into someone's home to steal their things...anything would be fine.

    You can send me messages if you have any questions. The Deadline for simply choosing and posting what you do during this year's Halloween event, is by Halloween midnight, 31st. From there the actual games will begin. Anyone can participate, even those who aren't registered players...just message me here in the forums before doing so for easier to be incorporated.

    I will post an answer to what your player is seeing or reacting to at that time, everyday for about 1 week. That would mean that, everyone will have about 7 turns to do as they wish as the night is unfolding...before the session is over. I would recommend for you to wrap up everything you need to do in that split moments, to avoid complications (e.g. being caught by the perpetrators, or accused by police, or getting killed for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.)

    You DON'T have to answer me every day. Your player can log in some days or for just one of the day to get to see something unfolding at least. This is a shorter test run, so let's make this work!
     
    Baku|Haku, Akumart and SonicMarioHero like this.
  2. SonicMarioHero

    SonicMarioHero Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    29
    Maya was walking out late at midnight after she had just left a party. She wasn't really one to hang out in one place for too long if she had no reason to. She didn't even know why she showed up to the party and left right away when she realized she was there. She ended up in the middle of the city center and just took in how quiet things were at this time of night. "Man... The streets are empty but the people are all inside enjoying the night. I wish city streets could always be this quiet."
     
    Baku|Haku and Akumart like this.
  3. Akumart

    Akumart Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    18
    Joyeuse Joestar walked through the streets of Ryona City around midnight, groaning in annoyance as she wiped off some blood from her lip, a thug getting a lucky single punch on her cheek. It didn't keep her from brutalizing the rest of them too much... but it still stung a bit. "How annoying." She looked upon the blood on the side of her hand, slowly evaporating off her skin as she inhaled deeply then kept on walking, slipping her hands inside her pockets and looked up to the peaceful night sky. "What a beautiful night..... heh, at least there's that."
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  4. Baku|Haku

    Baku|Haku Casual Client

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    136
    *It was truly a dog's life with Baku but really that was always and tonight was no different. He streched his paws and legs widely as he looked around the dumbster to cheeck for any food around, However the air was full of something more than just rotten food and drunk people at midnight. It was the smell of Punkin ale and chocolate around every house. It was his favorite time of the year once again
    "Haloween!!" with a loud excalamtion the dog turned into a young man with dog ears and a tail that resembled that of a cosplayer.
     
  5. NNin

    NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    90
    [​IMG]

    Young woman stands in front of a mall, though she has no interest to enter it. The surrounding is full of enjoyment but she can't take it. She thought Halloween can make she feel better but as espected, it doesn't.

    There is an enemy that hurt her sisters. And only time, or a direct comfrontation can heal it, the young woman thinks....
     
    ran, Baku|Haku and SonicMarioHero like this.
  6. TheQuietAuthor

    TheQuietAuthor Vivacious Visitor Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2013
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    30
    Though the streets were quite empty, as expected there are celebration everywhere. For Ryona City it's no different. With extra police patrol cars driving by and less hawkish thugs grouping around loitering for trouble, it should be a peaceful night for all.

    As our band of unlikely crew gathered together and looked around, it is quite a sight to behold. The streets of the city centre though generally unoccupied save for the few, as well as sweet wrapper and bits of Halloween decorations left from the earlier children's excursions...celebrations of the youth and adults can still be heard in many apartments, clubs, houses and other gathering spots nearby. Their loud music and other festive noises is punctured every now and then by sounds of vomit made by drunk individuals out of their windows.

    But for all of the protagonists, the night felt very off. The atmosphere though joyous and happy by nature was foreboding and nefarious. At that point of time, something bad must have happened and everyone who had fighting and survival instincts felt somewhat primed for what is about to happen...

    At that moment of time, these are spotted:

    1) A pair of Nuns, walking right past them on the other side of the street their heads bowed down and traveling slowly. they seem to be eyeing each of them secretly for some reason. Any attempt to stare at them will be met with their averted eyes before gazing upon them once again, muttering words under their breath. It didn't seem like they are celebrating Halloween at all, their clothing design seems to have a religious purpose rather than costume for play.

    2) A large group of teens (8 or 9) all of them seems to be in various Halloween costume of sorts. Though some of them seems to dress quite badly as if they did not even attempt to try dress up for tonight. They all looked like a variant of monsters, or at least looked somewhat like one. While a few of them seems to be dragged around, the rest seems to be having a good time laughing and joking as they all left the Mall and about to disappear through the closest alleyway to the north west. They are closest to the player characters.

    3) Contrary to the usual police patrol vehicle, there is a military styled pick up truck carrying a lot of police officers, and some plain clothes detectives. There is about a dozen of them aboard including the driver. They seemed to be quite focused about something as they drove out of a corner junction from North West, driving down the road and pass by them all.

    4) Right above them almost out of sight on a high building right (6th floor) above is someone peeking out of a window with a pair of binoculars looking at a far distance to the northeast. As rain clouds slowly began to gather above them, everyone thought they spotted something else sticking out of the nearby window of the one with the binoculars. It's hard to determine what it is from this distance.

    5) Was that a bunch of teens (4) daring each other as they jump from a roof to another in the building across the street or is that something more suspicious? Either way, all of them jumped across and then settled down on the building roof (11th Floor) itself... With the moonlight behind them and partly covered by the clouds, it's not that easy to see what they are wearing, though it seems to be something strange? Or just Halloween costumes?

    (Everyone should have a grace period of about 3 days to read before deciding their next course of action. All of you would be getting personal messages with more clues on what you see or can catch due to your characters' specialty, profession or where you are facing. Please wait for this message before posting. You are allowed to share or divulge what you have with others or even everyone.)

    Edit 1: If you aren't sure about the details or about what to do, please ask. Or go to the Official Discussion thread and discuss there
     
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Baku|Haku and SonicMarioHero like this.
  7. NNin

    NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    90
    "Yes. Halloween..." Lang said to the man, after she saw binoculars. It is her training that made her somewhat perceptive.

    Feeling something about it, Lang decided to go to the building to check. She smiles to the cosplaying man and gives him a box of cake she brought earlier before it.

    "At least I may learn something that can benefit us..."
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  8. SonicMarioHero

    SonicMarioHero Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    29
    Maya had noticed Lang head to the building where the binoculars were peeking out from. "Seems she notices it as well... But why would a member F.L.A.S. be here... It just doesn't make sense."

    Maya passes by the young man cosplaying and leaves him a chocolate bar on top of the cake box he had just received while flashing a quick smile. "You'll probably enjoy this more then me."

    Maya swiftly followed after Lang as she was determined to find some answers for herself as well.
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  9. Baku|Haku

    Baku|Haku Casual Client

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    136
    *The dog did learned a lot of smells but three among them did stroke him as specially, the blood on some of the teenagers and the smell of blood and metal that emanated from one of the nuns. This stroke him as suspicious and he looked at the nuns aiming to use his now uncovered dog ears to listen to anything they say or do. At least to keep track of them while shadowing them about a few feet away from them.
    He got distracted by the smell of another dog marking the nearby pole making him go and mark the place as his....

    The smell of a Petal is one Baku could not shake easily, he looked at the cake and gave a big silly grin. He did like the petals since they often gave him food when they were on patrol and they smelled nice. He waved shyly at the woman and looked back at the Nuns, He needed to keep track of them but the beatiful vision in front of him made him almost forget "Ah...Thanks..." he kept eyeing the nuns to not lose the smell. "Say....Do you know anything about killer nuns?" he then used his head and shoulder to point to the nuns, zakos are nothing new on the city so maybe a nun group one was around.

    *Being on his own with the Petal did make Baku gasps when another woman came by, he could not make tails of heads of her smell trying to keep tabs on the nuns, he smiled and looked at the chocolate his instints kicking in, he was a dog after all. The scent was driving him into eating it but the knowledge of how chocolate is poision to dogs kept him with a big smile. He looked at Maya and said "H-Heey! Lot's of teenagers around right..." he tough to himself for a second and pointed at the gang with the smell of blood. They may have nothing to do with the nuns but it's better to tail them both "They do look like they have been a little more mischevious than usual...Almost bloody...Can you help me out and tail them as well?" said the man while putting the chocolate on his pocket.
     
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  10. Akumart

    Akumart Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    18
    Jojo (JOyeuse JOestar... come on, I'm sure you've gotten it by now~ :3) kept walking on, moving past and through the badly dressed teenagers-- giving them slight glances but nothing more. She felt something off with the group and turned to look upon them for a moment as their paths stretched upon and away from one another. She took close note of those things happening around her, specifically she looked up to the jumping teenagers-- checking as to what they were wearing-- not everyone seemed to be celebrating Holloween....

    "Lang? Shit..." She said with a slight smirk, seeing the Petal for a moment but was slightly relieved that she went bolting away towards a building-- the same building where she saw the person with the binoculars. "I wonder if I should help....gh..."

    It was then she felt it, a violent aura and intent directed towards her-- she could sense where it came from... why the heck were the nuns staring at her like that?

    "..." She didn't really reel back or back away from the glares... and instead met it with her own, looking at them and checking as how they'll react to her staring at them.


    Imagery: [​IMG]
     
    NNin likes this.
  11. TheQuietAuthor

    TheQuietAuthor Vivacious Visitor Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2013
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    30
    Both Maya and Lang reached up the staircase of the building and finally reached the bedroom door that is likely to belong to the person that they see...the woman with the binoculars.

    Knocking on the door several times, had the woman poked out of the room....her face scowling in obvious annoyance as she looked at both Maya and Lang. Scratching her head a little while frowning and keeping on eye on these two, her hand held on the door to keep whoever inside hidden and the room privacy protected.

    "....whaddaya want?" She said as she thrust her chin a little to them both, her eyes remaining closely at both hands of Lang and Maya. "We don't celebrate Halloween...and you both don't even dress up either."

    The dog tried to keep her eyes on these people and at the same time also rally the help of these people he met today. Maybe they will help, or maybe they'll ignore him in favour for what they perceive more important...

    With Baku's ear perked up....he is able to hear a little more of the Nuns' mumbles to each other...
    Baku kept close enough and hoping to be able to tail them without them noticing.

    ...that was, after the dog left its mark on the fire hydrant. It is HIS Territory now!

    Jojo glances at the teenagers for a bit, already finding them somewhat suspicious...
    She walked past them and saw them headed out of the mall and disappear around the corner.

    Then she looked up the sky to see the jumping teenagers. While it seems that they already did their jump, they already disappear from view and stay on the other building's rooftops. Unless Jojo headed up that building, she might not be able to see what they are wearing...but one of the other passerby might have.

    Seeing Lang suddenly rushing into a building nearby, Jojo recognized her and chase soon after...maybe there is something that Lang spotted that is important?

    But she stopped just outside the building and looked behind her. Noticing the fairly poisonous and violent stares...she saw the nuns doing just that...before they gaze away right after Joy looked at them. Facing downwards and mumbling in prayers(?). It seems to be quite suspicious regardless. Maybe Joy can confront them directly?

    +_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+

    NOTE:
    1) From here on it would be strictly 24 hours at least and a little bit at most. Do try to 'log in' everyday to get as many turns as you can, or your character will be assumed just standing there. This is an experimental one week event (7 turns) afterall.
    2) You can change your answers or actions anytime in that time period, so long as I haven't posted yet.
    3) You can type in really short sentences to describe your actions, like:
    [Priscilla: Is there anything else you need to declare?]
    or
    [Priscilla passed the forms to her with a smile.]
    More details are great but generally unnecessary.
    4) Time to time, you will receive forum messages that would indulge in more details of what you see or hear that the other players couldn't. You can share them or keep them a secret from one another in anyway.
    5) There will be a really serious crime for which your characters are now gathering clues for or try to prevent at the moment (maybe?). Whosoever can at the end of the event guessed what exactly transpired and who of the 5 groups of suspects are at fault and why...can win a special Ryona City NPC prize. It will be a great perk to your characters and a good chance to share them as well, I guarantee you that.

    Edit: This is TURN 1
     
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  12. NNin

    NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    90
    "Hm, there is. But I don't think they are one."
    "By the way, excuse me. I have something to check..." Lang said, departing from Baku.

    Lang quickly observes the woman before respond.
    "Oh, sorry. I just want a nice place to view the city. Thought this building is public since I... and this girl can enter."
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  13. SonicMarioHero

    SonicMarioHero Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    29
    Maya quickly responds to the woman after Lang gives out her answer. "I've got a special message for the woman inside. It seems to be something important about the cause she's fighting for..." Maya put a hand on her hip as continued to speak. "So how about you let us in so I can give her the message right now and then we can leave? Don't bother trying to ask me for the message. It has to be me from to her or else it won't work. Otherswise... Something might happen to the precious freedom from the west that she's fighting for..."
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  14. Akumart

    Akumart Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    18
    Jojo pursed her lips at the fleeing teens and those jumping around from the higher points of the buildings around them, actually considering to pursue them immediately... but she just couldn't shrug off those staring nuns, finding them quite annoying at the moment with their judgmental stares-- if that's all that there is to it.

    She didn't really intend to go face to face with Lang if she could help it, not wanting to have to answer her questions in-case it comes up and all that...and she couldn't really shrug off that these nuns wanted something from her....

    In response to that, she heads towards the nuns--going straight for them but wasn't crude enough to go through them... she merely went the opposite direction as them but moved closely to the group's side-- her eyes glaring at them subtly, looking at their reactions to her approach.
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  15. Baku|Haku

    Baku|Haku Casual Client

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    136
    *This should have calmed Baku down, He should have gone with both his prices and enjoy a happy halloween asking for candy and drinking his head of, after of witch he would be able to pee around the street to claim the territory as his to defeat that that other dog and show him who's boss. But the smell of Metal on blood made him cringe. Made him unable to keep it away. To his surprise he did listened to something that distracted him completly from the petal and he said out loud "Non humans?..." afterwards he rushed towards the Nuns. He grabbed a bottle from one of the many drunks down the street and followed the nuns, As his own stress was so big he could smell it he turned oposite direction from the nuns and percived a somewhat familiar smells following the nuns.

    *Baku did not know this person but her attire did made him think she might be a Petal that he haven't meet. Desperate to tail as many ends as possible he joined the woman on the crowd and said to her while standing behind her "Those Nuns smell of blood, They also said something about purging, massacring and vanquishing something called the Non-Humans" said Baku making sure his whispers were only heard by this woman. She did smelled like a Petal and he would need any help agaist them in chase they were looking for him "They might have something to do with all the police around the place...They are not here only to get the drunks" he looked around once again. "Something is up....Something big...I need to tail other people can I count on you to keep an eye on those nuns?" He turned around to cheeck on the other people who smelled of blood. The group of teens. Maybe those are the non humans? Maybe the will help with the purge? Too many things unawnsered he needed more clues. He waited for the girl's awnser to move on.....
     
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  16. TheQuietAuthor

    TheQuietAuthor Vivacious Visitor Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Jul 30, 2013
    Messages:
    44
    Likes Received:
    30
    The woman was slightly stumped at those words and stuttering a little, "Wait--

    She then turns towards Maya, looking more confused than ever as she looked fully at Maya and ignoring Lang...her eyes darting up and down Maya to see if she is someone she recognised. "..but..what? Who?" The woman's guard is down as she stares quizzically at Maya. "Olhos afiados!" She turned to her friend, her own foreign accent from the southern continent is getting more apparent. "Do you have any idea what the heck this one is saying?" She then began to speak more in her own tongue as she talks quickly to her companion, while keeping her hand on the door.

    There is a small chain that remains hooked to the door, that was unlatched...but it could be broken down to break the door. The fact that remains is this. What if there were more than 2 people in there?

    Baku feels very uncomfortable at the idea of so many dangers around him. Even more so apparent than the rest of them? It was the nuns among others. He heard a bit of the words that they speak to each other with his super strong hearing, and he didn't like what he heard one bit. With that, before he did anything else he went straight towards Joyeuse Joestar and snatching a bottle along the way...

    Whispering to her ears out of the blue and then waiting for a reply. With the bottle in hand...he may even seem like a drunkard to Joy, though the dog wouldn't know that...

    Joy managed to hear the whispers from a stranger coming right past by her...
    It felt a little chilling and somewhat unprovoked, but the person looked at her eyes and ask her if she is willing to do it? What would be her response before she did so?

    Crossing the street away from Lang, Jojo then proceeded to discreetly walked right up the path as the nuns are heading in her direction, their eyes turning into glares as they seem to recognize the uniform that she is wearing. They didn't say any words at all, but kept huddled up together as they make way for Joy and kept their eyes firmly on her. Not once looking away, not once do they say a single word. Their full attention is now fully on Joy, the apparent and obvious possible enemy...


    +_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+_-_+

    Note:

    1) Final note. If you don't understand the rules of this game, ask me. But this is the final warning to clarify that I intended to post every 24 hours for about seven turns. If you don't post in time, I will assume your character do nothing. This is an experimental game.

    2) If time feels too short, please message me or post it in the thread. I can make it 1 and 1/2 days or more or something.

    EDIT: It may actually be too short for some. This turn will be a little longer until further discussions with everyone.

    This is TURN 2.
     
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  17. SonicMarioHero

    SonicMarioHero Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Oct 25, 2014
    Messages:
    74
    Likes Received:
    29
    Maya notices the chain on the door and realizes that with this other girl here, they could work together and break down the door. Even if their were more then 2 people on the other side, Maya was ready to fight them all off.

    Maya turns to Lang and quietly tells her of the idea. "Hey. If we work together we could totally bust down the door and get inside. Then we handle the rest from there. Are you willing to help me with that?"
     
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  18. Akumart

    Akumart Vivacious Visitor

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2011
    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    18
    Jojo kept silent at the moment at what she saw, knowing all too well what was hidden underneath those Nuns' garbs-- stopping herself at laughing at their horrid, horrid attempt at concealing their weaponry... even a Petal trainee could do a much better job at hiding a broadsword underneath their qipao-- she at first decided to go passive and merely observe at this, continuing her path towards them as their distance came to a close. Jojo kept her hands behind her back and out of sight, taking a deep and audible breath then exhaled.

    "..." Then she heard the unfamiliar man speak to her, a bit startled due to him being able to come so close without her sensing it... although she did sense a dog heading towards her-- but didn't expect a man to come up all of a sudden. She didn't make it too obvious, but her elbow was all too prepared to bash through the man's face, up until he spoke his piece.

    A lot of thoughts came unto her mid with his words, especially with that fact about meta-humans and all that... but her response was simple, collecting her thoughts almost immediately then looked forward, her eyes upon the nuns. "Gimme a break..." She said, with a small smile upon her lips, actually getting excited as she might have found something fun to do this Holloween... "You'd better make sure your facts are straight, Danny." She spoke out-- deciding to give a name to the man she spoke to with her own accord. "Or else I'm bashing your head off after theirs."

    Jojo nodded at 'Danny's' words, walking straight on and met up face to face with the nuns--

    As she went infront of the pair-- she gave a respectful bow to the two nuns, just as any good child would...

    If she could, she would move to the side to let the two pass unhindered. "The streets are getting pretty dangerous, neh? Especially if Servants of the Church actually needs to bring such weapons with em...." She remarked audibly, now standing behind the nuns-- looking at them from behind.

    She waited for their reaction
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.
  19. Baku|Haku

    Baku|Haku Casual Client

    Joined:
    Mar 25, 2012
    Messages:
    132
    Likes Received:
    136
    *Baku did wanted to tell the woman his name was not Danny and for some reason the name made him think of those dogs that rich people own and despite being small think they can bark at him and he would go away. They were anoying and he had to stop to bark back at them but in human form was not possible specially since humans did not had the voice to bark like a grown dog and it sounded funny.
    He nodded and smiled at the Petal tough, he was a street dog and often dogs can't tell their humans on their pack their names. He would have to fix that latters but for now he was happy to know he could coun't on the woman. He gave one last sniff to not forget her scent to track her down latter and he gave chase to the other source of blood. The group of teens.
    He did detect some blood comming out from another location but reckless teens are not often on their best intention, that strange place between childhood and adult hood made teens have too much blood lust and too little care with who they attacked.

    *Like a good dog, Baku could not give chase to something until someone else from his "pack" or at least someone he could trust took care of it, now he followed the teens as fast as he could. He could turn into a dog to run towards them but being able to bend in with humans was too important specially since now he knew that a couple of litteraly "Bloody Nuns" were hunting people like him...
    This made him reflect...There were others like him....How many did they make? How many are on their control?
    He did not aproached the teens as subtuly as he would like positioning himself on the same street from them about 3 meters away from them to not call the attention and use his ears to listen to them.
    He did not needed to wait for a signal to see if he could go get them, their smell of blood and killer intent was detectable even from far away. But he wanted to know if they were going to hurt homeless people or they had something bigger in mind. He listened carefully. Waiting for an oportunity to strike.
     
  20. NNin

    NNin Swell Supporter Ryonani Teamster

    Joined:
    Dec 1, 2010
    Messages:
    578
    Likes Received:
    90
    "Seem like you have a business with them?" Lang responds, narrowing her eyes around.
    "Why not, then. I feel they should be handled too."

    Lang steps in to draw the woman in the room's attention to her before Maya can find her chance or... her own chance.
    "Excuse me, but what are you talking about?"
     
    Baku|Haku likes this.