RGB harem pants with transparency / opacity (1 Viewer)

Rudgar

Content Creator
Ahoy!
Is there anybody out there in the mood to create a little mod that hasn't been asked for yet?
I'd like to see kinda harem pants that are RGB + alpha / transparency adjustable. Something with a shape like the pants shown here (click the spoiler in the overview):
2qkf8vq.png

It's said there that these pants are based on MaiParty.swf from this post. Is there any other information I should provide to motivate a enthusiastic modder?

Respectfully,
Rudgar

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Send a private message to @darkflip95 and ask him if he can do this for you or eventually give the FLA of his mod so the work can be made more easily by someone else.
Anyway, if his mod is used for a revision, the least thing is to ask his permission.
If you ask for a revision, ask an admin to move your thread to the dedicated section by reporting the OP.

If you want another version to be produced, please provide useful references.

If you specificaly want transparency to be modifiable via the RGB slider, ask an admin to move your thread to the Loader Requests section, because it is not possible to use the Legwear A or B RGB sliders for a Vanilla mod and the Bottoms RGB sliders doesn't have alpha sliders.
Also, as the pants do not fit the shape of the legs, masks need to be used to avoid visual problems near the knees. That does not facilitate the making of the mod.

Last edited:

stuntcock

Content Creator
Send a private message to @darkflip95 and ask him if he can do this for you or eventually give the FLA of his mod so the work can be made more easily by someone else.
Anyway, if his mod is used for a revision, the least thing is to ask his pemission.
If you ask for a revision, ask an admin to move your thread to the dedicated section by reporting the OP.

If you want another version to be produced, please provide useful references.
Agreed. SDT modding has historically been fairly lax about permissions, but we should at least try to contact someone before editing their work. If you intend to find alternate references then you can ignore this suggestion and just post your new images.

If you specificaly want transparency to be modifiable via the RGB slider, ask an admin to move your thread to the Loader Requests section, because it is not possible to use the Legwear A or B RGB sliders for a Vanilla mod and the Bottoms RGB sliders doesn't have alpha sliders.
Nice catch; I'm so accustomed to the extra sliders that I wouldn't have noticed this oversight. It's useful to have a few dedicated vanilla people around :)

I'll move the thread.

Also, as the pants do not fit the shape of the legs, masks need to be used to avoid visual problems near the knees. That does not facilitate the making of the mod.
Yes, that's a good point. You can have partially transparent cloth (even in a vanilla BOTTOMS mod) so long as the garment is close-fitting. A semi-transparent pair of jeans won't necessarily show any visual abnormality at the knee, although it will usually show unpleasant overlap effects around the hips.

If the garment is loose-fitting then it requires masking at the knee joint in order to avoid overlap effects. And it needs additional masks for the buttocks and waist. In fact, you can observe a small error when looking at the screenshot in the first post: a small triangle of red cloth (part of the right thigh clothing) has poked up through the costume's waistline. Masks can be used to fix such errors, but (as SyntaxTerror SyntaxTerror mentioned) this means additional modding work and a minor loss of FPS.

Rudgar

Content Creator
Update: I found a solution that works for me.
@gollum has reworked some mods made by @dantethedarkprince , among them the "bupants" - with the huey sliders I can change transparency / opacity. It surely is not perfect because of some clipping, but hey - what am I playing this game for? ;)

Anyway: thanks for explaining and at least rying to find solution

Respectfully, Rudgar

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.