Request: D.Va from Overwatch (1 Viewer)

Serasv

Potential Patron
The korean girl from the game Overwatch by Blizzard.
would love to see a hair model/ clothing mod.
629C686E74BD49F2BBD8DA11836E791A51B0EAE8

d_va___overwatch___close_look_at_model_by_plank_69-d9gi308.png

stuntcock

Content Creator
How about this?
Too angular. Videogame renders and screenshots tend to be poor references. The lighting in this image is fairly harsh and many of the vertices are clearly visible. The geometry is also weird -- it's either a mid-action shot or the hair has a permanent bent shape (to minimize clipping at the collarbone?).

Try to find anime-style fanart. Something that could conceivably be traced and imported into SDT without artistic re-interpretation.

The hair color for this character varies a lot; I've seen various reds and browns and a few examples of glossy black. If you have a preference then you should ensure that your reference image depicts it. For example, you could post a great reference image, and then post a second version of it which has been re-balanced to show your preferred tint.

If you have a larger (uncropped) version of your image, then it might be a decent reference for the costume. Anime fanart would still be preferable, though.

Mineur

Content Creator
Actually, someone' made a D.Va request already with a side shot Request: D.Va from Overwatch

Also what about the other girls, like Mercy and Pharah?

Oh I didnt know, that side shot is ok but would like higher res with proper color hence I was wondering if anyone had knowledge in SFM and could take some ^^

They are nice too but I dont rly play them so if anything after im done with the other 3 then!

Hank East

Content Creator
Oh I didnt know, that side shot is ok but would like higher res with proper color hence I was wondering if anyone had knowledge in SFM and could take some ^^

They are nice too but I dont rly play them so if anything after im done with the other 3 then!

Hey Mineur, I got a friend who could get you a high res side shot of D.Va, but he needs to know what resolution you would like.

Mineur

Content Creator
Hey Mineur, I got a friend who could get you a high res side shot of D.Va, but he needs to know what resolution you would like.

Oh thats nice, well anything that is rather big is fine, so everything over 720p is fine rly. Plz note though that I dont wanna guarantee I'll make her if I get refs v_v

SyntaxTerror

Content Creator
Gelbooru hasn't got really usable images showing her from the side (5-6 fanart with really simplified hair texture), but some viewed from the front have nice colours that are easily reproductible for SDT (i.e. three colours, base, shade and reflection).
pLWA0OO.jpg

Anyway, it is a quite difficult job because even Sharklasers reference needs to be redrawn, due to the hair that do not fall naturally.
Another solution would be to find some existing hair mod similar to her hair, recolour it if needed and adding the headset (finding this existing hair mod could also be a difficult job, if not impossible, even if this hair style doesn't seem very particular).

Last edited:

Wolfendesign

Potential Patron
I made this quickly, not the best, but it's a good start for hair... Enjoy!

(If anyone wants to improve on it, I can give them the .svg file to work from, if they want)

Attachments

• dva.png
    dva.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,203

WaveLength_

Potential Patron
Hello everyone! I have seen that most of the girls from overwatch already have their own hair and or clothing mods already made for SDT. So I was wondering if D.va could be made as well!

As of writing this request, the user D-Oxygen has made a static hair for D.va, and I wanted someone to make it a dynamic hair! (I mean, who wouldn't?)

As for her suit, I couldn't really find that many pictures that show her whole suit from the right side as most people draw her from the left side, because there aren't sponsors to draw on her left thigh. Though, I think the pictures I have found are suffice. If the artist taking this up needs more pictures, I'll be more than happy to find more references.

And if it isn't too much, I'd like there to be a semi-nude style for her suit. Sadly, I don't have that many examples of such. But it should look somewhat like these: 1 2 3. (Basically what the artist has to do is remove most of the blue frontal parts of her suit.)

Anyways, here is the album for her suit!

Edit: Oh, my thread was moved into this one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
Welp. I made a thing.

Edit being made for completeness: This mod requires the Loader to work. The Loader can be found here.
lYzQ19g.png

Download link for the costume is here: D. Va Costume
The above pic uses D-Oxygen's version of the D. Va hair, a link to which can be found at the above URL, in WaveLength_'s post, and here because I like overkilling things a little: D-Oxygen Makes Hair Mods (08/22 Update: Effie, Charlotte, Nyx, Rottytops)

WaveLength_ WaveLength_ : As you assumed in your post, making an "exposed" version of the costume once it was made wasn't too difficult, so I ended up making an "exposed" version too:
Zrkd25o.png

A direct download link to the "exposed" variant can be found here: MEGA (I'm opting not to host it on Undertow's download manager because I feel like there would be less interest in this version and it's basically the same as the normal costume mod).

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:

Samoth

Staff
Admin
Forums Moderator
Discord Moderator
Content Creator
2D Artist
Writer
To be fair, I never did specify in this thread that the Loader was required for this to work. I specified it on the download page but not here. I've fixed that now. A link to the Loader can now be found in my above post, and for completeness' sake I'll put it here too: SDT Loader

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.