Removing a Clothing Item w/ Dialogueactions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Maybe I'm not reading the given instructions correctly or something, but how do I get dialogueactions to remove an individual clothing mod, or specific clothing mods that I want removed?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
I'm 99% sure you can't. There's no trigger or variable that removes individual elements from a mod. With most mods you'd be able to do it anyway by first disassembling it with tailored moreclothing entries. Some older mods however - and this is one of them - aren't really moreclothing compatible. You can tell since it doesn't show any mod types with Show Mod Info.

EDIT: This is also the answer to your question on the other thread. Older ones often don't unload as they should. I don't know if they once did and it's a backwards compatibility issue or if modders simply had worse templates back then but it's a problem with many older mods.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
I'm 99% sure you can't. There's no trigger or variable that removes individual elements from a mod. With most mods you'd be able to do it anyway by first disassembling it with tailored moreclothing entries. Some older mods however - and this is one of them - aren't really moreclothing compatible. You can tell since it doesn't show any mod types with Show Mod Info.
In that case, If I had a set of mods loaded, how would I get dialogueactions to remove a specific mod from this set? For example, If I got my dialogue to load ten mods at the beginning, how would I get it to remove one mod (e.g., a denim shorts mod)?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
In that case, If I had a set of mods loaded, how would I get dialogueactions to remove a specific mod from this set? For example, If I got my dialogue to load ten mods at the beginning, how would I get it to remove one mod (e.g., a denim shorts mod)?
With the line
{"set":{"da.clothes.bottoms":"none,255,255,255"}}

I think there may be some variant where you can omit the RGB values and keep it shorter, but that works.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
With the line
{"set":{"da.clothes.bottoms":"none,255,255,255"}}

I think there may be some variant where you can omit the RGB values and keep it shorter, but that works.
So, just so we're clear, there's no trigger necessary for the above variable?

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
That's correct.

Worth mentioning: I have no idea whatsoever how much work it is to update the mod itself so that it conforms to the current standard. For all I know all someone would have to do to make it moreclothing compatible is renaming some layers. Might be worth posting a request.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
Thanks. I'll try this solution out. I'll come back to this thread if I have anymore questions.

Antimatter42

Bedroom Philosopher
Content Creator
Designer
Writer
Author
Editor
That's correct.

Worth mentioning: I have no idea whatsoever how much work it is to update the mod itself so that it conforms to the current standard. For all I know all someone would have to do to make it moreclothing compatible is renaming some layers. Might be worth posting a request.
Just to let you know, the line attribute you gave me actually corrects/changes the color of the clothing. It was still very helpful though, as the clothing in my dialogue kept loading as either black or maroon until I added it. The actual line attribute to remove her shorts was
{"set":{"da.clothes.bottoms.type":"None"}}
Nevertheless, thanks for the help.

DigitalSmutExports

Content Creator
the line attribute you gave me actually corrects/changes the color of the clothing
Yeah, I mentioned that...
...and now I know what the variant is. Never used that code for anything other than undressing the girl and Inasyah's all about white anyway. Going to be useful in the future though - thanks for letting me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.