Recently saved Characters won't load up upon new instance of SDT -SOLVED- (1 Viewer)

Deleted member 301931

Potential Patron
Hello everyone,

my current issue is that characters which I save though the "save character " button won't appear in the next instance of SDT. I never had any issues saving characters this problem only appeared recently. The saving process itself works fine, the character appears in the listing ingame among my other characters and mods as it should, but as soon as I close SDT and start a new instance, the newly made character dissapears from the listing as if I had never made it. What could be the issue here?

The Hacker Known As Snow

Admin
Content Creator
edit: Do your game options save at all? if not then the below is the solution

Huh... that's interesting,

Try this:

this version doesn't have Adobe's "Time bomb" that deleted itself in Jan 2021. I suspect you have a newer PC than that? is what's causing the issue. PCs that went through Adobe Flash's' EOL maybe preserved the user setting(?) you'll need to change, the reason you need that version above is because part of the EOL was removing access to the settings

so open SDT with that flash player and right click anywhere, > click the folder icon > and allow it to store data
you can also adjust your global settings with this flash player

don't actually use that flash player to play the game, try 10.3 or 11

Deleted member 301931

Potential Patron
Hello Snow, thanks for the quick answer.

Yes my options under the ingame "Options" tab do save.

I installed the linked version, how do I run it? After installation no executable or installation folder has appeared.

EDIT: just to clarify my other characters which I have made like a month ago are saved and working, this issue that the game cannot remember newly made characters only appeared a few weeks ago

EDIT 2: disregard my second question I have found the desktop executable in the archive

Deleted member 301931

Potential Patron
Yes as soon as I tried to save a character ingame with the linked version of the flash executable it has asked me for storage permission. It works now.

So anybody running into the same problem has to use 2 seperate versions:

the 32.0.0 version for saving characters and adjusting options,
and 10.3 or 11 for playing.

Thank you! Saved me a lot of headaches!

guymcchazz

Coder
Modder
Editor
edit: Do your game options save at all? if not then the below is the solution

Huh... that's interesting,

Try this:

this version doesn't have Adobe's "Time bomb" that deleted itself in Jan 2021. I suspect you have a newer PC than that? is what's causing the issue. PCs that went through Adobe Flash's' EOL maybe preserved the user setting(?) you'll need to change, the reason you need that version above is because part of the EOL was removing access to the settings

so open SDT with that flash player and right click anywhere, > click the folder icon > and allow it to store data
you can also adjust your global settings with this flash player

don't actually use that flash player to play the game, try 10.3 or 11
On the link you provided, which version (file extension) do I need to download? And, when I run SDT with it, where do I find it after I select "open with"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.