Progress bars | I can't get the wrapper to appear on screen (1 Viewer)

SkyHeart

Casual Client
So, first off I want to say that the progress bar itself works perfectly. The only problem is the wrapper
This is how I made the wrapper:
I took DrZombi DrZombi 's template (The one with the heart) and made it into this:
bar screenshot.PNG

I deleted the black layer:
layers screenshot.PNG

I clicked "Save-as" and selected the option to save as a PNG and named it "aaBar" ("aa" being the name of my test variable):
saveas screenshot.PNG

Than, this appeared:

saveconfig screenshot.PNG

I don't know what any of this means but... I've tried all the "Bit depth" options and played with the "Transparecy threshold" But still nothing happened...

I've looked at Rudgar Rudgar 's progress bars wrappers dialogue and they work there but when renamed one of the wrappers to my test variable's name and moved it to my character folder it stopped working..

Here is the test dialogue I'm using:
all:"CLEAR"
initial_settings:{"aa":3}
start:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][KILL_PROGRESSBAR_aa][start1]" {"style":"thought"}
start1:"[BUTTON8_ON][BUTTON7_ON][SET_PROGRESSBAR_17_10_1_5_*aa*_FF9C9C_aa]" {"style":"thought", "set":{"da.button8.name":"Lower", "da.button7.name":"Higher"}}
button8:"*aa*" {"style":"thought", "set":{"aa":"-1"}}
button7:"*aa*" {"style":"thought", "set":{"aa":"+1"}}

I've tried it with both flash v11, and flash v28 but that didn't help either
Please help

DrZombi

Content Creator
So, first off I want to say that the progress bar itself works perfectly. The only problem is the wrapper
This is how I made the wrapper:
I took DrZombi DrZombi 's template (The one with the heart) and made it into this:
View attachment 68755

I deleted the black layer:
View attachment 68756

I clicked "Save-as" and selected the option to save as a PNG and named it "aaBar" ("aa" being the name of my test variable):View attachment 68757
Than, this appeared:

View attachment 68759

I don't know what any of this means but... I've tried all the "Bit depth" options and played with the "Transparecy threshold" But still nothing happened...

I've looked at Rudgar Rudgar 's progress bars wrappers dialogue and they work there but when renamed one of the wrappers to my test variable's name and moved it to my character folder it stopped working..

Here is the test dialogue I'm using:
all:"CLEAR"
initial_settings:{"aa":3}
start:"[BUTTONALL_CLEAR][KILL_PROGRESSBAR_aa][start1]" {"style":"thought"}
start1:"[BUTTON8_ON][BUTTON7_ON][SET_PROGRESSBAR_17_10_1_5_*aa*_FF9C9C_aa]" {"style":"thought", "set":{"da.button8.name":"Lower", "da.button7.name":"Higher"}}
button8:"*aa*" {"style":"thought", "set":{"aa":"-1"}}
button7:"*aa*" {"style":"thought", "set":{"aa":"+1"}}

I've tried it with both flash v11, and flash v28 but that didn't help either
Please help

Did you try to just replace Rudgar Rudgar 's Progress bar with yours, just to check that your png is ok ? (I don't see why it would not but let's get potential bugs out of the way one by one).

You did not forget to load MoreTriggers AND Dialogue Actions did you ? I wrote a readme going with MoreTriggers in which you will find a lot of useful information such as the loading order of mods, etc... If your dialogue and png do work inside Rudgar Rudgar 's environment which is proved good, then there is definitely something you're doing wrong in your environment. Then, you'll have to restart building it from scratch and read carefully the documentation. And if it is still too hard to find where's the problem, you can still begin from a know working environment and then remove one by one the things you don't need and then add one by one the things you need. Maybe at one moment it will stop working and you'll know which part is involved in your problem !

Good luck :smile:

SkyHeart

Casual Client
Did you try to just replace Rudgar Rudgar 's Progress bar with yours, just to check that your png is ok ? (I don't see why it would not but let's get potential bugs out of the way one by one).

You did not forget to load MoreTriggers AND Dialogue Actions did you ? I wrote a readme going with MoreTriggers in which you will find a lot of useful information such as the loading order of mods, etc... If your dialogue and png do work inside Rudgar Rudgar 's environment which is proved good, then there is definitely something you're doing wrong in your environment. Then, you'll have to restart building it from scratch and read carefully the documentation. And if it is still too hard to find where's the problem, you can still begin from a know working environment and then remove one by one the things you don't need and then add one by one the things you need. Maybe at one moment it will stop working and you'll know which part is involved in your problem !

Good luck :smile:
I'm not using a different loader. Both mine and Rudgar Rudgar 's dialogue are being tested inside what's basicaly your loader bundle with Dialogue Actions, Animtools and MoreClothing updated. I made charater folder for my stuff and then another character folder for Rudgar's dialogue

Renaming my .png to one of Rudgar Rudgar 's variables and moving it to his character folder does make the wrapper appear on screen. So right now, I'm totaly confused
It's not the Loader or the mods, since both dialogues are tested inside the same loader
It's not the .png
So this lead towards my dialogue? But I can't see what's wrong with my dialogue...

Dialogue Actions is loaded before More Triggers
I've read your notes.txt, I was almost sure that I didn't save the .png right (Since you said to "save with transparency" and I didn't see that option) but it works... just not in my dialogue...

Renaming the .png to "aaBar" and one of Rudgar's variables to "aa" (And changing that variable to "aa" wherever it's used too) makes the wrapper stop working inside Rudgar's dialogue............
But renaming the .png and my test variable to one of Rudgar Rudgar 's variables and using my dialogue does not make it work
Putting my dialogue and .png inside Rudgar Rudgar 's character folder does not work either...

Last edited:

Rudgar

Content Creator
Renaming my .png to one of Rudgar Rudgar 's variables and moving it to his character folder does make the wrapper appear on screen.
[...]
Renaming the .png to "aaBar" and one of Rudgar's variables to "aa" (And changing that variable to "aa" wherever it's used too) makes the wrapper stop working inside Rudgar's dialogue....
:wat::wat::wat:

A really very desperate idea: can you try changing the coordinates of the bar?
I'm not sure any more, but I think I experienced problems with the bars when they were too close to the edge of the screen/flash window ... not sure if this helps, but maybe? :confused:

Edit: can you please upload your wrapper-png?
bar-test.png

Respectfully, Rudgar

SkyHeart

Casual Client
A really very desperate idea: can you try changing the coordinates of the bar?
I'm not sure any more, but I think I experienced problems with the bars when they were too close to the edge of the screen/flash window ... not sure if this helps, but maybe? :confused:
No, it didn't work.
Edit: can you please upload your wrapper-png?
Ok. It's on the bottom of this post.
That's exacctly what happens to me too!

Attachments

• aaBar.png
    aaBar.png
    636 bytes · Views: 117

SkyHeart

Casual Client
DrZombi DrZombi Is there some way to specify exactly the file that I want to use as the wrapper for the progress bar? (I mean, like a file referece, like you do for DA's da.background.load and da.dialogue.load?)

SkyHeart

Casual Client
:eek::eek:
:wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat::wat:
But... but... :confused::confused:
Why?????

This is my character folder:
charfolder Screenhot.PNG

The two slightly selected files are my test dialogue (%%%) and the .png (aaBar) (And I've tried renaming my test dialogue too, to no success)

This is my $INIT$ folder:
modsFolder screenshot.PNG

This is my mods.txt:
Default/TemplateExtensionV5_sby.swf
Default/FinishesCounter.swf
Default/VigourCounter.swf
Default/PleasureCounter.swf
Default/BreathCounter.swf
Default/HeldBreathCounter.swf
Default/CumInMouthCounter.swf
clearAllShortcut.swf
hairlayerpatchV1.swf
vanillaarmpatchV2.swf
penisrangeV5.swf
throatcumbulgeV2.swf
allalphaslidersV5.swf
animtoolsV21.swf
HisHead.swf
Nipple Cone.swf
SDTDialogueActionsv4.09dev6.swf
dialogpatchV4.swf
MoreTriggers v2.2/MoreTriggersv2.2.mod
HuniePopAudioTriggersv1.11.mod
moreclothingV6_6.swf

It works for you but this is what I get:
game sh.PNG

:mad::confused::wat:

EDIT: I've tried it in WeeWillie's dialogue bundle, It's not working there either...

SkyHeart

Casual Client
The wrapper won't appear on screen before the main dialogue file in the character folder has been loaded... (Talking about the "Dialogue.txt" file that the game loads when you click the in-game character icon)

After that file has been loaded at least once I can load the test dialogue and wrapper appears
But if I load it before that file has been loaded the wrapper does not appear....
DrZombi DrZombi , Rudgar Rudgar Is that a thing? Is it a bug? Seems wrong to me but... whatever.. at least I know the problem now.....

DrZombi

Content Creator
The wrapper won't appear on screen before the main dialogue file in the character folder has been loaded... (Talking about the "Dialogue.txt" file that the game loads when you click the in-game character icon)

After that file has been loaded at least once I can load the test dialogue and wrapper appears
But if I load it before that file has been loaded the wrapper does not appear....
DrZombi DrZombi , Rudgar Rudgar Is that a thing? Is it a bug? Seems wrong to me but... whatever.. at least I know the problem now.....

The Trigger which loads the ProgressBar is at the start of your dialogue so why in the hell do you want the progress bar to appear before it is even loaded ??? I don't understand what you're trying to do.

And nope, you cannot directly specify the name of the wrapper file. It has to be named after your variable.

SkyHeart

Casual Client
The Trigger which loads the ProgressBar is at the start of your dialogue so why in the hell do you want the progress bar to appear before it is even loaded ??? I don't understand what you're trying to do.

And nope, you cannot directly specify the name of the wrapper file. It has to be named after your variable.

I tried doing it by manualy loading my test dialogue without loading the main dialogue, since that's used as a "Main Menu" and is already doing a lot of stuff when I load it, I didn't want to complicate things, so I made a new .txt, wrote a little piece of dialogue that would have made progress bars appear and load it manualy. The only purpose of that test dialogue was to see if I did the .png right, but I had no idea that the wrappers don't appear unless I load the main dialogue first...
Anyway, now I know..
Thank you for trying to help and sorry it was a silly mistake

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.