Possible future ryona games? (2 Viewers)

kubi mage

Club Regular
Look up "ioritree" on youtube, the channel gives me hope that Yakuza 0 modding will be simple to figure out. (Also a lot of the videos are pretty funny)

SquigglySwag

Avid Affiliate
So I feel like Cyberpunk 2077 could be either a ryona/guro dream come true for me, or a pretty big disappointment.
Here's the 48 minutes of commentated gameplay they released.
(Disclaimer: no actual ryona in this video, but there is full nudity with some jiggle physics at 4:37-7:05. )

So in the combat here, we see lots of fancy weapons and techniques taking down goons in lots of cool ways. But the problem is, among the dozens of slaughtered male thugs, I don't think we see a single female enemy in this trailer. (There is the female corporation executive, who may become a villain that the player can choose to take out at some point, but who knows if that would be relegated to a cutscene with limited ryona potential, if at all.)
I'm hopeful that there will be female cyborg thugs, but I guess it's not guaranteed at this point. We do have nudity and skimpy outfits confirmed, so if it's possible to mod female enemy models, this could be an incredible playground for both lethal and non-lethal ryona. Mind hacking, stealth takedowns, slo-mo bullet-time, blades and explosives.

Reasons there could be female ryona:
- We have gender parity for the main character.
- Other "future" settings like Fallout and Rage 2 have fairly equal representation of gender in their enemy gangs.
- Even if there aren't any female enemies, there are female civilians, and maybe it's possible to go on a rampage and get some ryona there.
- The nudity in this trailer is tinged with peril and the threat of death, so perhaps the developers aren't afraid to mix violence and sexiness.

Reasons to doubt:
- Plenty of games have female leads but no female enemies (like the recent Tomb Raider games).
- Combat seems to be first-person only, so if there aren't female enemies, the potential for subjecting the player to ryona situations is limited if we can't even see her get defeated.
- This developer made Witcher 3, which I haven't really played, but I know the human enemies are 99% male, and the few female bandits you encounter can't be brutally dismembered like the men can. In this Cyberpunk trailer, we see lots of cool dismemberment and gibbing of the males, but even IF there are female gang members, there's not guarantee they'll have equally-detailed dismemberment possibilities.

Ignoring ryona potential, this game looks like it could be really fun and probably with playing regardless. But if there are sexy zako that can be defeated just like the male goons in this trailer, this will almost definitely be (for me) the best ryona of 2019 (or 2020, or 2021, or whenever this game gets released).

giugo

Swell Supporter
I haven't watched the entire video, can you do unarmed takedowns like in Deus Ex? If you can do that on civilians, sexy, skimpy and half naked civilians, I'm in.

SquigglySwag

Avid Affiliate
I haven't watched the entire video, can you do unarmed takedowns like in Deus Ex? If you can do that on civilians, sexy, skimpy and half naked civilians, I'm in.
In terms of melee takedown animations, we only see one in the demo as far I remember, at 42:20. She sneaks up behind a guy and chokes him out in less than 2 seconds. There's a prompt for lethal or non-lethal. The commentator says their character has unlocked lots of high-level skills for demo purposes, so maybe (hopefully) a low-level character does a lengthier, less silent choking animation. I assume there would be other animations from different angles and with different tools, but maybe not. And again, no confirmation yet if you can choke out random pedestrians or if it only lets you do it to enemies.
I remember seeing a clip of the newest Deus Ex where the player is able to do some really brutal over-the-top melee takedowns on female characters. I'd be surprised if the ones in this game were so flashy and elaborate, but maybe.

giugo

Swell Supporter
I remember seeing a clip of the newest Deus Ex where the player is able to do some really brutal over-the-top melee takedowns on female characters. I'd be surprised if the ones in this game were so flashy and elaborate, but maybe.

Yeah, the first DE video had both female enemies and takedowns, plus you can do that in Human Revolution too...well, let's hope for the better!

TheEvilDoctorDoor

Vivacious Visitor
It's an indie game with somewhat obscured effects, but "The Missing: J. J. Macfield and the Island of Memories" is a game in which the heroine's primary ability is...regenerating her body from horrendous mutilation. Puzzles in the game revolve around surviving loss of body parts and using them to reach new areas. The character becomes a black silhouette when harmed, so not very visible, but has pretty extreme pain sounds. Haven't played it yet, but I'm curious what people would think about it.

The MISSING: J.J. Macfield and the Island of Memories on Steam

giugo

Swell Supporter
Looks like Watch Dogs: Legion will have female enemies and civilians, and you can attack both!

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
So... is this forum dead? Let's wake up guys!
Here are some games to look up to "ryonawise"

Wuchang fallen feathers, is a "souls like" by a Chinese indie developer

Project Eve, a hack n slash by a Korean developer

At 2:40 the trailer show's a "chainsaw" head monster using a grab on the protagonist, sort of starting to sawing it half, pretty sweet

She Will Punish Then, already on early access, lots of costumization, not very interesting ryonawise yet, as the developers promise on the road map to implement dismemberment in the game
for palyer and enemies

Rag40

Swell Supporter
So... is this forum dead? Let's wake up guys!
Yeah, unfortunately, this forum doesn't seem to be very active anymore as far as general ryona discussion is concerned. Wish it was, though. I always enjoy discussing this stuff even if it's usually just me bitching about how a certain game's ryona sucks or could be better.

I took a quick look and saw that the last time I posted in this thread was when I mentioned For Honor back in 2015. Never got a response, lol.

Anyway, never heard of that Wuchang game. Seems pretty impressive for an indie team. Not a huge fan of the main characters in that or Project Eve, but could still be some decent ryona stuff. Games always get huge points in my book when the enemies have unique grabs or kill animations.

I kind of want to do a quick little overview of all the games supposedly coming out this year and what potential ryona will be found in them, but not really sure it's worth it at this point since it seems like a bit of a ghost town around here, lol.

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Yeah, unfortunately, this forum doesn't seem to be very active anymore as far as general ryona discussion is concerned. Wish it was, though. I always enjoy discussing this stuff even if it's usually just me bitching about how a certain game's ryona sucks or could be better.

I took a quick look and saw that the last time I posted in this thread was when I mentioned For Honor back in 2015. Never got a response, lol.

Anyway, never heard of that Wuchang game. Seems pretty impressive for an indie team. Not a huge fan of the main characters in that or Project Eve, but could still be some decent ryona stuff. Games always get huge points in my book when the enemies have unique grabs or kill animations.

I kind of want to do a quick little overview of all the games supposedly coming out this year and what potential ryona will be found in them, but not really sure it's worth it at this point since it seems like a bit of a ghost town around here, lol.
Strongly agree, is a petty, my last post hasn't got any answers too, glad you reply to this. Yeah I didn't really like the main character, but if there's ryona, it will grow on me.

Anyway, ryona is getting disappointing at newer games, especially main stream games, indie game are or best hope now...
My biggest hope is the supposed upcoming resident evil 4 remake, I hope they don't hold back on the death scenes, as it was one the original main characteristics, and of course, Ada is my favorite character, and Re2 remake turned out to be a big let down for me on ryona, so my stakes are high for this one

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Forgot to mention, another promising game ryonawise is the game "Daymare 1994 sandcastle"

Is a prequel of Daymare 1998 a game developed by an indie team who was making a fan resident evil 2 remake before the official, and ended up turning it on daymare after legal issues. Again on Daymare 1994, it features a female protagonist, set before the first game, the devs said the main inspiration for this one is dead space, witch makes it really promising. I've asked then about death scenes on the steam page, and they confirmed it will feature unique death scene's like dead space

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Hmm, it looks like it could have some decent graphics. The only thing that kind of worries me about lower budget games like this are the actual quality of the animations. Sometimes these indie games will have really stiff death animations.

By the way, regarding ryona in more recent games, the main thing that has really upset me are these terrible death screens that pop up as soon as your character dies. The main one that got me was RDR2. Screen goes black and white, all sound gets drained out, animation stops mid way, etc. It's freaking infuriating, lol.

Actually, Sifu, which just came out, is another example. Screen turns black immediately as the final hit lands. You don't get to see shit.

A lot of games also have your screen turn red when you are low on health. The screen may blur out. The sound may get muted. Shit like that can ruin a game's ryona for me.

Looking at the character model in Daymare, I am wondering if that blue HADES symbol will turn different colors to show you your health. At least that would be better than obscuring the entire screen with some stupid visual effect.

The one saving grace that has allowed me to enjoy games like RE2/RE3 Remake are the various mods on PC. Outfits, obviously, but more importantly the camera mods that allow you to utilize a free cam and get rid of all UI elements, including the death screen effect. That has been a godsend. I just wish every game had access to stuff like that.

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
Hmm, it looks like it could have some decent graphics. The only thing that kind of worries me about lower budget games like this are the actual quality of the animations. Sometimes these indie games will have really stiff death animations.

By the way, regarding ryona in more recent games, the main thing that has really upset me are these terrible death screens that pop up as soon as your character dies. The main one that got me was RDR2. Screen goes black and white, all sound gets drained out, animation stops mid way, etc. It's freaking infuriating, lol.

Actually, Sifu, which just came out, is another example. Screen turns black immediately as the final hit lands. You don't get to see shit.

A lot of games also have your screen turn red when you are low on health. The screen may blur out. The sound may get muted. Shit like that can ruin a game's ryona for me.

Looking at the character model in Daymare, I am wondering if that blue HADES symbol will turn different colors to show you your health. At least that would be better than obscuring the entire screen with some stupid visual effect.

The one saving grace that has allowed me to enjoy games like RE2/RE3 Remake are the various mods on PC. Outfits, obviously, but more importantly the camera mods that allow you to utilize a free cam and get rid of all UI elements, including the death screen effect. That has been a godsend. I just wish every game had access to stuff like that.
yeah, i feel you bro, so hopefuly daymare might feature decent animations, it seens they are having a bigger budget for this one, and one thing that made me be optmistic about the animations, is that they will use mocap Daymare: 1994 Sandcastle - DAYMARE: 1994 SANDCASTLE - MOCAP STAGE #01 - Steam News

Rag40

Swell Supporter
That could bode well for some better looking death animations. Although, I do have VERY specific tastes when it comes to KO/death poses. A lot of the times when games make separate death animations for male/female characters I end up wishing the females had the male death animations. But yeah, I could rant about that specific topic for several hours if I wanted to, lol.

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
That could bode well for some better looking death animations. Although, I do have VERY specific tastes when it comes to KO/death poses. A lot of the times when games make separate death animations for male/female characters I end up wishing the females had the male death animations. But yeah, I could rant about that specific topic for several hours if I wanted to, lol.
Lol, yeah, well, just glad to still find someone else in here to discuss about ryona

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Lol, yeah, well, just glad to still find someone else in here to discuss about ryona
It's weird that you will have some ryona vids on youtube that get thousands of views, but then this site has absolutely no traffic. Are all the people who view these ryona vids unaware of this site's existence?

Lokolol

Swell Supporter
It's weird that you will have some ryona vids on youtube that get thousands of views, but then this site has absolutely no traffic. Are all the people who view these ryona vids unaware of this site's existence?
It's really weird, I don't know, I guess people must be on discord or something, or here in random topics.
By the way, Daymare 1994 sandcastle playble demo coming! 21, aka, this Monday

Rag40

Swell Supporter
Well, that's pretty cool. Demos seem like a thing of the past, unfortunately.

Fingers crossed for some decent enemy designs and kill animations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Are you 18 or older?

This website requires you to be 18 years of age or older. Please verify your age to view the content, or click Exit to leave.